kind | kindness
- This category is to link pages that have the meaning; "He was a kind devotee", or "To be kind is a quality of a Vaisnava" etc.
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Caitanya Is So Kind (18 P)
- ► Forgiveness (7 C, 56 P)
- ► More Kind Than God (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Our Kindness (Disciples of SP) (68 P)
- ► Very Kind (4 C, 74 P)
Pages in category "Kind (Adjective)"
The following 103 pages are in this category, out of 103 total.
- A pure devotee of the Lord automatically develops all godly qualities, and some of the prominent features of those qualities are as follows: 1) he is kind, peaceful, truthful, equable, faultless, magnanimous, mild, clean, nonpossessive
- A saintly person eligible to enter into the kingdom of God is very tolerant and very kind to all living entities. He is not partial; he is kind both to human beings and to animals
- After the departure of Dhruva Maharaja from the palace, the King (Uttanapada) was very afflicted, but by the kind words of Saint Narada he was partially satisfied
- All sane men within these three worlds certainly accept the conclusion that no one is more merciful and magnanimous than Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and that no one is as kind to his devotees
- As they were leaving, those bhakti-vedantas, who are very kind to poor-hearted souls, instructed me (Narada Muni) in that most confidential subject which is instructed by the Personality of Godhead Himself
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of kindness for them (the demons), did not bring any weapon to kill them. Rather, by spreading Krsna consciousness, love of Krsna, He wanted to kill their nefarious, demoniac activities. This is the purpose of the KC movement
- Chivalrous activities in the matter of fighting, the expression of pride, emotions, endurance, kindness, determination, jubilation, enthusiasm, jealousy and remembrance are called unconstitutional
- Comparing one's own suffering to the suffering of others, therefore, one should be kind to all living entities
- Devotee said, "Sometimes I have carried out their orders in a way most abominable. Yet in spite of my serving them so faithfully, they are neither satisfied nor are they kind enough to give me relief from their service"
- Devotees said, "The drops of perspiration on your (Cupid) body have become frozen, and they resemble kantaki fruits (a kind of a small fruit found in thorny bushes)"
- Gandhari was a powerful ascetic, although she was living the life of a faithful wife and a kind mother
- Gandhari was a powerful ascetic, although she was living the life of a faithful wife and kind mother
- Guru Maharaja made me obliged to give up my home life. So now, by his order, or by his plan, I gave up my home life, I gave up a few children, but Guru Maharaja is so kind that has given me so many nice children
- He (Maharaj Pariksit) was a kind and compassionate emperor, fully worthy of accepting surrender even from his enemy. Thus the personality of Kali was saved by the will of Providence
- He (my Guru Maharaja) asked me to take up this job as soon as I met Him in 1922; unfortunately I was so worthless that I delayed the matter until 1965, but He is so kind that by force He engaged me in His service
- He (Pariksit) was thinking how ironic it was that although no one was saved from his sharp sword when he desired to kill, the poor lower-class Kali was spared by his timely surrender. Maharaja Pariksit's glory and kindness are therefore sung in history
- He (Siva) could drink a great amount of poison for others' benefit, and now, since his wife was personally requesting him to go to her father's house, even if he did not wish to give that permission, he should do so out of his great kindness
- He was completely cultured as a qualified brahmana, having very good character & being determined to understand the AT. He had full control of his senses and mind. Like the Supersoul, he was kind to every living entity and was the best friend of everyone
- His (Dhrtarastra's) father, Vicitravirya, died long ago, when he and his younger brothers were all little children, and it was due to the care and kindness of Bhismadeva that they were properly brought up
- However low a person may be, he is never unkind to his children, wife and nearest kin; even a tiger is kind to its cubs, for within the animal kingdom the cubs are treated very nicely
- I have especially designed my books in such a way that they will be appreciated by scholarly persons like yourself and therefore it gives me great satisfaction to know that you have appreciated our humble effort.Thank you very much for your kind words
- I offer innumerable obeisances unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, who is so kind that He spread the service of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu all over the world
- I thank you very much for your kind invitation to visit Mauritius. I am pleased to inform you that I am arriving at Port Louis from Bombay on the afternoon of September 30th instant. I look forward to meeting with Your Excellency
- I think that such kindness has never been achieved even by Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, what to speak of other demigods or common people
- I very much regret for the loss of your good wife. I always remember her because she was so kind upon me when I used to visit your house. She was so affectionately feeding me, so I felt very much when I learned that she is no more in this world
- I was not very much inclined to take sannyasa, but Guru Maharaja is so kind that he ultimately forced me to take sannyasa and do this work. So it is all his kindness. So this is the memory of his kindness
- I wish to express my heart-felt gratitude for the kind treatment given me and my disciples, members of the Hare Krishna Movement on our recent two day visit in Tirumala
- I wish to inform you that the advertisements are not very congenial to our prestige, especially the hippy kind of advertisements. So we have to think over how we can avoid the advertisements and publish at the same time
- If a blind man is walking down the wrong path, how can a gentleman allow him to continue on his way to danger? How can he approve this method? No wise or kind man can allow this
- If anyone follows without any hesitation whatever the spiritual master says, naturally he becomes kind
- In order that Dhruva Maharaja's kingly anger not exceed the limit, Manu was kind enough to check his grandson
- In order that Dhruva Maharaja's kingly anger not exceed the limit, Manu was kind enough to check his grandson. Dhruva Maharaja could understand the purpose of his grandfather, and he immediately stopped the fighting
- Indra says, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are so kind towards us that, by killing him, You have removed that fear from within our hearts and have given us the chance to place Your Lordship within our hearts again"
- It is by their kindness, of the previous acaryas that they let us sit between them just like a father calls for a child to sit down next to him
- Judging by the sweet speech and kind smiles of those residents, I think that their mouths must contain nectar
- Just like a kind father, either in His (God's) favor upon the devotees or His punishment of the demons He is ever kind to everyone because He is the complete existence for all individual existence
- Krsna is so nice that anyone who takes to Him becomes the first-class peaceful man. You can know from the example of Arjuna how much peaceful he was. He did not mind to forego his claim, and he remained nonviolent and peaceful
- Krsna said, "They (the sages & brahmanas) are so kind that they are traveling with Me, and wherever they go they immediately make the whole atmosphere as pure as transcendence simply by the touch of the dust of their feet"
- Let that Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is understood by truly authorized Vedic literature and who has created peace and prosperity to destroy all calamities of the created world, be kind enough to bestow His glance upon the demigods
- Like the Supersoul, he (Prahlada Maharaja) was kind to every living entity and was the best friend of everyone
- Lord Siva is praying to the Personality of Godhead to be kind to us so that simply by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra we can understand everything in both the material and spiritual worlds
- Lord Siva was not kind and merciful only to the Pracetas; anyone who is a devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very dear to Lord Siva
- Lord Siva, being kind toward him (Daksa), awarded him punishment to neutralize the offense. King Daksa realized this and, feeling obliged for Lord Siva's magnanimous behavior, wanted to show his gratitude
- Maharaja Pariksit also could understand that the great sages who assembled there were all kind to his forefathers, the Pandavas, because of their devotional service to the Lord
- Maharaja Pariksit, who was qualified to accept surrender and worthy of being sung in history, did not kill the poor surrendered and fallen Kali, but smiled compassionately, for he was kind to the poor
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was conscious of his duty, and he at once hurried to the spot with Lord Krsna and satisfied the bereaved Dhrtarastra with kind words, from both himself and the Lord also
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was kind enough to order him (Jayadratha) released, and when he admitted to being a tributary prince under Maharaja Yudhisthira, Queen Draupadi also desired his release. After this incident, he was allowed to return to his country
- Most kind devotee
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- My dear son, I am not yet satisfied in my sexual desires. But if you are kind to me, you can take the old age given by your maternal grandfather, and I may take your youth so that I may enjoy life for a few years more
- My father was kind to me, and I imbibed from him the ideas later on solidified by my spiritual master, the eternal father
- My Guru Maharaja pulled me out from this material life. I have not lost anything. He was so kind upon me. I have gained. I left three children, I have got now three hundred children. So I am not loser
- O best among the brahmanas (Maitreya), those who are spiritual masters are very kind to the needy. They are always kind to their followers, disciples and sons, and without being asked by them, the spiritual master describes all that is knowledge
- O immortal Siva, please be kind towards me and fulfill my desire. You have accepted me as half of your body; therefore please show kindness towards me and accept my request
- O Supreme Self, please give us, who are created in the beginning from the mahat-tattva, the total cosmic energy, Your kind directions on how we shall act
- O wife of Lord Visnu, O internal energy of Visnu, you are as good as Lord Visnu Himself, for you have all of His qualities and opulences. O goddess of fortune, please be kind to me. O mother of the entire world, I offer my respectful obeisances unto you
- One who is not envious but is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor and is free from false ego, who is equal in both happiness and distress, who is always satisfied, such a devotee of Mine is very dear to Me
- One who is not envious but who is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor, who is free from false ego and equal both in happiness and distress, -he is very dear to Me. BG 12.13-14 - 1972
- Our lord, Bali Maharaja, is always fixed in truthfulness, and this is especially so at present, since he has been initiated into performing a sacrifice. He is always kind and merciful toward the brahmanas, and he cannot at any time speak lies
- Personally, he (Maharaja Pariksit) was very humble and meek, but he expressed his gladness that Lord Krsna was very kind to his grandfathers, the sons of Pandu, especially his own grandfather, Arjuna
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: strength, memory, independence, tactfulness, luster, patience, kind-heartedness, ingenuity, gentility, mannerliness and determination
- Please accept our prayers for your well being. Our society wishes to thank you for your kind cooperation in the past, regarding CCP application and import of books
- Seeing above his head the dark marks on the rising moon, which resembled a deer, Bharata said: Can it be that the moon, who is so kind to an unhappy man, might also be kind upon my deer, knowing that it has strayed from home and has become motherless?
- So far my injuries are concerned, by the grace of Krishna and good wishes of friends and relatives it is already completely cured. Thank you very much for your kind inquiries
- Some kind of gift to the Spiritual Master from the new disciple on the occasion of initiation is required that the function be complete
- Someone may possess full knowledge of religion but still not be kind to all living entities. In someone, whether human or demigod, there may be renunciation, but that is not the cause of liberation
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Balabhadra Bhattacarya and told him, "It is only by your kindness that I am now so happy"
- Thank you very much for your kind donation of 2500 Rupees for our food distribution program. It will be very helpful in endeavors
- Thank you very much for your kind donation. May Lord Krishna bless you
- Thank you very much for your report of the temple activities there. Please offer my thanks to Mr. Pankhania for his kind assistance to our movement
- The amount of transcendental bliss that Raghunatha dasa enjoyed simply by offering water and tulasi is impossible to achieve even if one worships the Deity with sixteen kinds of paraphernalia
- The devotee prayed, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto them for being so kind to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the parent of the whole universe"
- The devotee prayed, "They are always anxious to serve Krsna and to maintain Him, and they are always so kind to Him"
- The example of the sun is very significant. The sun is so kind that he distributes his sunshine everywhere, without consideration. Dhruva Maharaja requested Narada Muni to be merciful to him
- The first qualification is kind. Just like these sannyasis. Our Rupanuga Gosvami. He has got a nice child, wife, nice wife. But, being kind to the humanity, he has accepted sannyasa. This is kindness. No homely comfort. This is kindness
- The girls prayed, "O supreme external energy of the Personality of Godhead, O supreme mystic power, O supreme controller of this material world, O goddess, please be kind to us and arrange for our marriage with the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna"
- The kind Supreme Personality of Godhead, due to His affection for His devotees, appeared before King Nabhi in His unconquerable and captivating form with four hands
- The living entities are of two kinds: one class is called nitya-mukta, ever liberated, and the other is called nitya-baddha, ever conditioned. The nitya-mukta living entities are in the spiritual kingdom, and the nitya-baddhas are in the material world
- The personality of Kali, who is the friend of all kinds of irreligiosities, may be excused if he surrenders, but in all circumstances he cannot be allowed to live as a citizen in any part of a welfare state
- The poor spiritual master is kind and merciful enough to accept a disciple and suffer for that disciple's sinful activities, but Krsna, being merciful to His servant, neutralizes the reactions of sinful deeds for the servant who engages in preaching
- The statements we have heard about You from our father, Brahma, through the ears have now been actually realized by Your kind appearance
- The ten sons of Maharaja Pracinabarhi were favored by the appearance of Lord Siva, who, out of great kindness, gave them instructions regarding the execution of austerities
- The vaisyas were also encouraged by kind words and affectionate dealings, and due to Maharaja Gaya's constant sacrifices, the sudras were satisfied by sumptuous food and charity. In this way Maharaja Gaya kept all the citizens very satisfied
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- Therefore you should be kind towards me by showing me complete mercy. I desire to have sons, and I am much distressed by seeing the opulence of my co-wives. By performing this act, you will become happy
- These two, the sun and moon, are very kind to the people of the world
- This kindness of your nation will cause the blessings of Lord Caitanya to be showered upon them and the higher section of American people will all of them become Krsna conscious
- Those who out of transcendental kindness take on the responsibility of becoming master-protectors of the poor living entities automatically gain the interest and blessings of the demigods
- Wanting to prove that he had been magnanimous to Narada Muni, Prajapati Daksa stressed that when Narada had misled his first sons, Daksa had taken no action; he had been kind and tolerant
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- When there is emotion caused by seeing something very dear, one can speak very swiftly and use kind words. When there is emotion caused by seeing something detestable, one cries very loudly
- With the change of the yugas, the duration of life and memory, the quality of kindness and all other good qualities diminish