Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
gentility | gentle | gentleness | gently
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Gentle"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- A brahmacari should be quite well behaved and gentle and should not eat or collect more than necessary. He must always be active and expert, fully believing in the instructions of the spiritual master and the sastra
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A disciple always inquires from the spiritual master, and the spiritual master answers the question, provided the disciple is very gentle and devoted
- A friends of Krsna informed Him, "My dear killer of the demon Mura, Your kind & gentle mother is very anxious because You have not returned home, & with great difficulty she has passed the evening constantly sitting on the corridor platform of Your home"
- A good man or woman accepts anything very easily, but a man of average intelligence does not do so. But, anyway, we should not give up our reason and discriminatory power just to be gentle
- A learned and gentle brahmana is the embodiment of nature's mode of goodness. Among the beasts, the cow is the embodiment of this same mode of goodness
- Actually, people cannot generally understand such different qualities of mentality, but when one's heart is very soft or gentle, these symptoms become very easily visible, and one can understand very clearly
- After seeing the cruel and merciless behavior of his son, Vena, King Anga punished him in different ways to reform him, but was unable to bring him to the path of gentleness. He thus became greatly aggrieved
- After taking their baths and dressing very nicely, the kings appeared happy and gentle. Then they were supplied nice food. Lord Krsna supplied everything for their comfort, as befitting their royal positions
- And because you are submissive, your spiritual masters have endowed you with all the favors bestowed upon a gentle disciple. Therefore you can tell us all that you have scientifically learned from them
- Any person who neither becomes impudent nor exhibits a puffed-up nature is called gentle
- As a woman Gandhari could have remained at home or at her father's house, but as a chaste and gentle lady she followed her husband (to the Himalayas) without consideration
- As chaste women bring their gentle husbands under control by service, the pure devotees, who are equal to everyone and completely attached to Me in the core of the heart, bring Me under their full control
- As He came forward, accompanied by His own associates bearing all paraphernalia, such as an umbrella and a camara fan, the white bunches of hair moved very gently, like two swans
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, a person who is actually a brahmana and is very learned must automatically become very gentle also. But although Romaharsana Suta was very learned and had been given the chance to become a brahmana, he had not become gentle
- Austerity and learning are most dangerous when acquired by a person who is not gentle
- Education means one becomes gentle, sober, cool-headed. Therefore it is said, vidya-vinaya-sampanne. When one is learned, advanced in education, he must be very gentle, not haughty
- Education means one becomes gentle, sober, cool-headed. Therefore, it is said, vidya-vinaya-sampanne. When one is learned, advanced in education, he must be very gentle, not haughty
- Firmly established in executing all the Vedic injunctions, Ajamila was very mild and gentle, and he kept his mind and senses under control
- Firmly established in executing all the Vedic injunctions, he was very mild and gentle, and he kept his mind and senses under control
- For a brahmana, austerity and learning are certainly auspicious, but when acquired by a person who is not gentle, such austerity and learning are most dangerous
- For example, the sons used to offer their obeisances, they were silent, submissive and gentle, and they were always ready to carry out Krsna's orders, even at the risk of life
- He is peaceful, self-controlled and fully devoted to the transcendental service of Lord Sri Krsna. He is affectionate toward His devotees, He is gentle, and He is equally disposed toward all living beings
- He was gentle, tolerant, peaceful, magnanimous, grave, sweet in his words and very sober in his endeavors
- His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) gentle smile always made His face beautiful, so much so that He even attracted the hearts of married women. It was as though they had been pierced by arrows of Cupid
- I (Narada Muni) was very much attached to those sages. I was gentle in behavior, and all my sins were eradicated in their service. In my heart I had strong faith in them. I had subjugated the senses, and I was strictly following them with body and mind
- I worship Lord Kesava. Coming back from the forest of Vraja, He is worshiped by the gopis, who mount the roofs of their palaces and meet Him on the path with a hundred manners of dancing glances and gentle smiles
- In Jagannatha Puri there was a young boy who had been born of an Orissan brahmana but had later lost his father. The boy's features were very beautiful, and his behavior was extremely gentle
- In Krsna reside (20) the discharge of proper duty, (21) complete independence, (22) dexterity, (23) fullness of all beauty, (24) serenity, (25) kindheartedness, (26) ingenuity, (27) gentility, (28) magnanimity (29) determination
- In that aerial mansion Kardama Muni traveled to the pleasure valleys of Mount Meru, which were rendered all the more beautiful by cool, gentle, fragrant breezes that stimulated passion
- It has been stated: "Although Srimati Radharani developed a deep loving affection for Krsna, She hid Her attitude in the core of Her heart so that others could not detect Her actual condition." This is an instance of concealment caused by gentleness
- It is the duty of parents to hand over their daughters to suitable persons just befitting their family tradition in cleanliness, gentle behavior, wealth, social position, etc
- It is useless to give such a person (who's too much puffed up because of his family, opulence, beauty & material advancement) good instruction for gentle behavior & a peaceful life; on the contrary, one should search out the ways & means to punish him
- Kalakanya continued: O gentle one (King of the Yavanas), I am now present before you to serve you. Please accept me and thus show me mercy. It is a gentleman's greatest duty to be compassionate upon a person who is distressed
- Kasyapa Muni continued: My dear gentle wife (Diti), never enter the water while bathing, never be angry, and do not even speak or associate with wicked people
- Kasyapa Muni said: My dear gentle wife (Diti), if you follow my instructions regarding this vow for at least one year, you will surely get a son who will be able to kill Indra
- King Anga was very gentle. He had high character and was a saintly personality and lover of brahminical culture. How is it that such a great soul got a bad son like Vena, because of whom he became indifferent to his kingdom and left it?
- O dearly beloved! Your lotus feet are so soft that we place them gently on our breasts, fearing that Your feet will be hurt. Our life rests only in You
- O gentle one (Uddhava), does Samba fare well?
- O gentle one, I simply lament for he (Dhrtarastra) who rebelled against his brother after death. By him I was driven out of my own house, although I am his sincere well-wisher, because he accepted the line of action adopted by his own sons
- O gentle one, of all the physical elements, beginning from the sky down to the earth, all the inferior and superior qualities are due only to the final touch of the glance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One should not be misled by a pseudodevotee. He himself must be plain and gentle to receive the instructions of such a pure devotee. A pure devotee is a completely surrendered soul unto the Personality of Godhead
- One who is puffed up by material acquisitions cannot acquire the gentle behavior befitting a brahmana. The learning of such a person is as good as a valuable jewel decorating the hood of a serpent
- Over trifles the demoniac become very angry and speak harshly, not gently
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: strength, memory, independence, tactfulness, luster, patience, kind-heartedness, ingenuity, gentility, mannerliness and determination
- Placing Krsna's lotus feet on his lap, Akrura gently began to massage them. When Akrura was fully satisfied in the presence of Krsna and Balarama, his eyes filled with tears of love for Krsna, and he began to offer his prayers
- Prahlada was peaceful, mild and gentle, his senses were under control, and he stood before Hiranyakasipu with folded hands
- Prthu Maharaja was also very humble, meek and gentle, and whenever he performed any philanthropic work or welfare activity for the general public, he would labor exactly as if he were tending to his own personal necessities
- Shaking Uddhava's hand with His own hands, He (Krsna) said, "My dear gentle friend Uddhava, please go immediately to Vrndavana and try to pacify My father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda-devi, and the gopis"
- Some of them are very gentle and give pleasure to Krsna by their sweet words. All of these friends are very intimate with Krsna, and they show expertise in their different activities, their aim always being to please Krsna
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna was pleased to place His lotus feet on the lap of Vidura because Vidura was very meek and gentle
- The all-powerful Brahma, who was born from the lotus flower, pacified the boy with gentle words, accepting his request, and said: Do not cry. I shall certainly do as you desire
- The black ointment around Her (Radharani's) eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling constitute the camphor with which She is perfumed
- The Gopis said: "O dearly beloved (Krsna)! Your lotus feet are so soft that we place them gently on our breasts, fearing that Your feet will be hurt. Our life rests only in You"
- The heart of one who is highly elevated and grave is compared with gold. If one's heart is very soft and gentle, his heart is compared with a cotton swab
- The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)
- The inhabitants of higher planets are so sensible that even in the process of fighting they observe the preliminary rules and regulations of gentleness
- The Lord defeated all kinds of scholars in discourses about all the scriptures, yet because of His gentle behavior, none of them were unhappy
- Then with His mace the Lord (Varahadeva) struck the enemy (Hiranyaksa) on the right of his brow, but since the demon was expert in fighting, O gentle Vidura, he protected himself by a maneuver of his own mace
- They (four kumaras) are very amiable and gentle in behavior, and for them there is no distinction between friends, well-wishers and enemies
- When a learned man attains to absolute vision, he can observe every living being - whether a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog, or a dog-eater - with equanimity
- When Krsna entered the forest on the bank of the river Yamuna, the moonlight dissipated the surrounding darkness. Due to the season, flowers like the kunda and kadamba were blooming, and a gentle breeze was carrying their aroma
- When Krsna, the supreme joker, planted the parijata tree in the courtyard of Satyabhama, Rukmini, the daughter of King Vidarbha, became very angry, but due to her natural gentle behavior, she did not express anything
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)
- With women the Bhattatharis allured the brahmana Krsnadasa, who was simple and gentle. By virtue of their bad association, they polluted his intelligence