Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Speaking"
The following 244 pages are in this category, out of 244 total.
- Above even the humor of love between Krsna and His parents is the relationship of conjugal love. This is exhibited between the Lord and the young gopis in different ways - glancing, moving the eyebrows, speaking very sweet words, and exchanging smiles
- According to the time and circumstances, He (Krsna) spoke as follows, "You are the subject of the King of the Bhojas, and you live in the jungle. We are also indirectly his subjects, and We try to please him as far as possible"
- Actually because the Gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead it is sruti. But people take it as smrti because it is part of the Mahabharata
- After binding Asvatthama, Arjuna wanted to take him to the military camp. The Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, looking on with His lotus eyes, spoke to angry Arjuna
- After hearing Krsna speak the entire philosophy of spiritual life in an abbreviated summation, Vasudeva was exceedingly pleased with his son
- After hearing this (reply from Nanda Maharaja), Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in the presence of His father and all the elder cowherd men of Vrndavana, spoke in such a way as to make the heavenly king, Indra, very angry
- After Lord Krsna heard the prayers of Bali Maharaja, He spoke as follows, "My dear King of the demons, in the millennium of Svayambhuva Manu, the Prajapati known as Marici begot six sons, all demigods, in the womb of his wife, Urna"
- After this (hearing Krsna speak to them), the demigods circumambulated the Lord many times and bowed down before Him again and again, and thus they left. The Lord remained bound up with ropes to the grinding mortar
- After thus informing the King of the demons, Krsna stopped speaking, and Bali Maharaja understood the Lord's purpose
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna speaks in Sanskrit with the demigods and in the language of the animals He can even speak with the cows and buffalo"
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna, who owns the hearts of all the young girls of Brajabhumi, can nicely speak the language of Brajabhumi with the gopis"
- And by his mind a Krsna conscious person always thinks of the activities of the Lord - as He is speaking on the battlefield of Kuruksetra or engaging in His various pastimes at Vrndavana with His devotees
- Another gopi said, "Dear Lord, words spoken by You (Krsna) or words describing Your activities are full of nectar, and simply by speaking or hearing Your words one can be saved from the blazing fire of material existence"
- Another gopi said, "We are also attracted by Your (Krsna's) speaking and by the beauty of Your face and eyes. Please, therefore, satisfy us by Your nectarean kisses"
- Anything spoken by the Personality of Godhead should be taken as it is, with great care and attention and with great respect
- Appearing on the scene, Krsna immediately collected all the garments of the gopis, climbed up into a nearby tree, and with a smiling face began to speak to them
- Arjuna agrees to what Krsna has several times said: Krsna is speaking to him just for his benefit. So Arjuna acknowledges that all this is happening to him by Krsna's grace
- Arjuna is asking not to a third-class so-called philosopher and chemist and economist, but to Krsna. Krsna. Because whatever answer Krsna will give, that is fact. And sastra means the things which have been spoken by Krsna. That is sastra
- Arjuna is hearing from Krsna, and Krsna is speaking to Arjuna directly. How fortunate is Arjuna, that he is directly hearing from Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Arjuna said: "You are personally speaking, and I have realized that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead." This is Krsna. Krsna is not manufactured, as nowadays it has become a fashion to manufacture God by votes. No
- Arjuna was a military man. He was not a Vedantist. He was a grhastha, not even a sannyasi. Why Krsna selected to instruct Arjuna as the disciple of the renovated parampara system? That is also spoken by Krsna
- As Krsna was speaking with Rukmini, the commanders of the Yadu dynasty's soldiers, headed by Balarama, known as Sankarsana, by Gada, not tolerating the opposing soldiers' defiant attitude, began to strike their horses, elephants, & chariots with arrows
- Atma-vidya, or transcendental knowledge of Himself, was primarily spoken by the Lord for the benefit of all concerned in all parts of the universe
- Because Bhagavad-gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one need not read any other Vedic literature. One need only attentively and regularly hear and read Bhagavad-gita
- Because of Their (Balarama and Krsna) feeling affection for Nanda and Yasoda, Lord Krsna and Balarama became choked up, and for a few seconds They could not speak
- Because the Gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead it is sruti. But people take it as smrti because it is part of the Mahabharata. We take it as sruti as far as we are concerned
- Because they are servants of the Supreme Lord, devotees receive knowledge directly from the Supreme Personality of Godhead as He speaks it in the Bhagavad-gita, or sometimes as He imparts it from within as the caittya-guru
- Because you are My very dear friend, I am speaking to you My supreme instruction, the most confidential knowledge of all. Hear this from Me, for it is for your benefit
- Because you are My very dear friend, I am speaking to you the most confidential part of knowledge. Hear this from Me, for it is for your benefit. BG 18.64 - 1972
- Being pleased with them, He (Krsna) took their (the gopis) garments on His shoulder and began to speak as follows
- Bhagavad-gita is apauruseya, for it was not spoken by any human being or any demigod of this material creation; it was spoken by Lord Krsna, who is beyond the material creation
- Bhagavad-gita is the nutshell, cream of all spiritual knowledge. Here, therefore, Bhagavan, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, He is speaking. He is giving spiritual knowledge directly
- Bhagavad-gita is the sound incarnation of the Lord because it is spoken by the Supreme Lord, and Srimad-Bhagavatam is the sound representative of the Lord because it was spoken by the incarnation of the Lord about the activities of the Lord
- Bhagavad-gita is to be accepted as a revealed scripture spoken by the Absolute Truth Himself when He descended to this planet
- Bhagavad-gita means to understand what is God, the science of God. And God Himself is speaking about Himself. Otherwise it is not possible to understand what is God
- Bhagavad-gita was spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and it was recorded by His incarnation, Vyasadeva. So it is transcendental literature
- Bhagavad-gita was spoken directly by the Supreme Lord, and Arjuna accepted Krsna as guru, or spiritual master. Similarly, we should accept only Krsna as the supreme spiritual master
- Bible is spoken under certain circumstances; Bhagavad-gita is spoken under certain circumstances. It is the difference of the circumstances. Otherwise, the principle is the same. In the Bible also it is said, "Love God," and Bhagavad-gita also says
- By hearing from Him, one receives the greatest opportunity for progress in Krsna consciousness. You hear from Krsna as He is speaking. He says that "Practice yoga in full consciousness of Me." If you do that, then you hear Him
- By the calculation it is forty millions of years ago. Now who will believe that, that Krsna spoke this Bhagavad-gita forty millions of years ago to the sun-god?
- By the mercy of Vyasa, I have heard these most confidential talks directly from the master of all mysticism, Krsna, who was speaking personally to Arjuna. BG 18.75 - 1972
- By the way He (Krsna) was speaking, she (Rukmini) was afraid of being separated from the Lord, for she had never heard such harsh words from Krsna before. Thus she became perplexed with fear of separation, and her heart began to palpitate
- Childhood age, childish dress, movements by the child, sweet words spoken by the child, nice smiling and various forms of childish play are considered provocations for increasing the parental love for Krsna
- Considering this, the Queen offered her obeisances to Gopala and returned to her palace. That night she dreamed that Gopala appeared and began to speak to her as follows
- Cowherd woman described the speaking of Krsna: "Krsna was speaking to His father so politely & gently that it was as if He were pouring nectar into the ears of all present there. After hearing such sweet words from Krsna who will not be attracted to Him"
- Eight thousand years ago the Lord was Himself speaking the Bhagavad Gita, it was destroyed at that time. Why? The disciplic succession was destroyed
- Even while speaking to them, Krsna was still smiling, and in this way He stood valiantly upon the wrestling dais
- Everything is spoken by Krsna. I am simply putting them for modern man's understanding. That's all
- Evidence of this (Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds) is found in the Vaisnava literature compiled by the Gosvamis
- Finishing his daily duties, the priest went to take rest. In a dream he saw the Gopinatha Deity come to talk to him, and He spoke as follows
- Foolish people do not know that there is no difference between directly hearing Bhagavad-gita and reading it, as long as one accepts Bhagavad-gita as it is, spoken by the Lord - Krsna
- For example, in the Bhagavad-gita, although Krsna was speaking as the supreme authority, He still mentioned and quoted Vedanta-sutra as authority
- For example, the Bhagavad-gita is spoken on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, and the impersonalists say that although Krsna is of interest, the battlefield of Kuruksetra isn't
- For topics concerning Uttamasloka, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the spiritual master speaks, and the disciple hears with attention. Unless both of them are free from material desires, they cannot be interested in topics of Krsna consciousness
- God is not senseless. If He is senseless, then there was no use of speaking this Bhagavad-gita and taking it so very important book so that world is reading very carefully. He's not senseless. He is full sense
- God is perfect, and whatever He speaks, that is perfect. Therefore God is called "God is good." All-good. Whatever He does, whatever He speaks, everything is good, perfect
- Had Arjuna not been taken up with an illusion of family affection by the will of the Lord, the Bhagavad-gita would not have been spoken by the Lord Himself for the good of all concerned
- Having spoken thus to His father and mother, the Lord (Visnu) turned Himself into an ordinary child (Krsna) in their presence and remained silent
- He (Krsna) accepted the position of younger cousin to Yudhisthira, He was speaking in a very gentle tone which enhanced His beautiful bodily features
- He (Krsna) can speak on the highest elevated subjects of philosophy, politics, economics - everything. And He also spoke before the gopis, who were so dear to Him. He wanted to enchant them by word jugglery, and thus He began to speak as follows
- He (Krsna) is the only resort for all devotees, and so He knows very well how to satisfy His pure devotees. Krsna understood that Rukmini could not follow the statements He had made in a joking way. To counteract her confusion, He spoke
- He (Krsna) knew everything that had happened in connection with Akrura's conspiracy with Satadhanva. Therefore, He smilingly began to speak to Akrura
- He (Krsna) therefore began to speak to them (the wives of the brahmanas), smiling very magnificently
- How do you differentiate the Krsna Mahabharata and Krsna God different? Because Krsna is speaking Bhagavad-gita. That is a chapter in the Mahabharata. So how do you differentiate? What is the cause that you are differentiating?
- How I can believe Krsna? Krsna says ukta, it is already settled up by authorities. Ukta. This is parampara system. Krsna also says ukta. Krsna does not say that "I speak," no. Ukta, there is Vedic evidence. Where it is? In the Upanisads there is
- I am confident that the words spoken by Vyasadeva or Krsna, that is perfect. Therefore they are rascals, because their statement do not corroborate. In other words, we can understand. That is our advantage
- I am so much pleased to learn that you are taking Sankirtana as your life and soul. There is no doubt about Krsna's being pleased very much upon those who are engaged in such Sankirtana Movement, that is admitted by Lord Krsna
- I am speaking to you Bhagavad-gita, just learning from my spiritual master. So I have to learn it, but when Krsna spoke, He had not to learn it
- I have never said anything which is not spoken by Krsna. I never said, "In my opinion." I never said. You are so many students. I never said that to you. What is my opinion? One should know, "What is the value of my opinion? I am imperfect being"
- If Krsna speaks false, something defective, then where is the use of reading Bhagavad-gita? Why should we read Bhagavad-gita which is spoken by a person who is defective? No. That's not... What Krsna is speaking, that is fact
- If we take the position of Arjuna - sisyas te 'ham sadhi mam prapannam - then Krsna will speak to the disciple like Arjuna, and everything will be clear
- If we try to understand God by our limited knowledge, it will be a failure. We have to understand God from God. Then that will be perfect knowledge. So this Bhagavad-gita is the science of God where God is speaking about Himself
- If you adulterate nonsensically like a rascal, then you cannot become a spiritual master. If you simply follow what Krsna has spoken, then you become spiritual master. Very simple thing. It doesn't require education
- If you want to know about me, then you must know from me. That is authentic. That is authentic. Or from a confidential person who is confidence of me. Similarly, if you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna
- If you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna Himself
- If you want to remodel your life, the society, the human society, nationally or internationally - everything is spoken here, international - then you have to take to the advice of Krsna
- In offering initiation, our Krsna consciousness movement asks one to come to the conclusion of sastra by taking the advice of the supreme speaker of the sastra, Krsna, forgetting the principles of the materialistic way of life
- In the last portion of the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna very plainly says to Arjuna, "My dear Arjuna, now I have spoken everything to you. Now you may choose to accept it or not"
- In the Seventh Chapter He (Lord Krsna) spoke of the living entity as being part and parcel of the supreme whole and recommended that he (Arjuna) transfer his attention fully to the whole
- In the sun planet we receive this knowledge from Bhagavad-gita. Krsna says, imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam: "I first of all spoke this science of Bhagavad-gita to Vivasvan"
- In the Upapuranas we hear Sri Krsna showing His mercy to Vyasadeva by speaking to him as follows
- In this case, because Krsna could not find any fault with Rukmini, for she was very grave and always engaged in His service, He smilingly, in great love, began to speak to her just to provoke her loving anger
- It (Bhagavad-gita) was spoken by Lord Krsna, who is beyond the material creation. That is accepted by such stalwart scholars as Sankaracarya, not to speak of other acaryas such as Ramanujacarya and Madhvacarya
- It (the Bhagavad-gita) was spoken to the sun-god Vivasvan because he is also a ksatriya and is the father of all ksatriyas who are descendants of the sun-god, or the surya-vamsa ksatriyas
- It appears from this statement (a person who knows the languages of different countries, especially Sanskrit language - is called a wonderful linguist) that Krsna can also speak and understand the languages of the animals
- It is due to Arjuna only that the great philosophical discourses of the Bhagavad-gita were again spoken by the Lord on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- It is understood that some millions of years ago when Lord Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god Vivasvan, Arjuna, in a different capacity, was also present
- It should be understood that no one can surpass the Supreme Personality of Godhead in speaking. There is no difference between the Supreme Person and His speeches, for He stands on the absolute platform
- It was (this philosophy) spoken by the Lord when He was present personally on this planet for the guidance of mankind
- It was spoken by the Supreme Lord personally five thousand years ago. And that old thing we are presenting as it is. Our Bhagavad-gita is therefore named Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Without any interpretation. Without any addition, alteration
- Just like five thousand years ago He spoke this Bhagavad-gita, and He's so reputed that Krsna spoke Bhagavad-gita and still it is running on. Not only in India, but we are traveling all over the world
- Just like Krsna spoke this Bhagavad-gita five thousand years ago, but still it is adored all over the world. Not only in India, but all over the world. Bhagavad-gita is known in any country, irrespective of religion or faith
- Krsna and Balarama learned how to speak and understand the languages of various countries. Not only did They learn the languages of human beings; Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds
- Krsna and Balarama went before Nanda and Yasoda and very affectionately embraced them, and then the two Lords spoke as follows
- Krsna came to speak this truth, that "I am the Supreme." He appeared to speak this philosophy. And if you do the same work, that "Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead," then you are serving the mission of Krsna, great service to Krsna
- Krsna continued, "I have purposely agitated you (Rukmini) by speaking many words not applicable to your character, but I am surprised to see that not a pinch of your devotion to Me has been deviated from its fixed position"
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don't worry"
- Krsna is the original speaker of sruti, or Veda knowledge. Therefore Vedic knowledge is called apauruseya. It is not manufactured or concocted by some mental speculator
- Krsna is very strict. But the devotees are very lenient. Krsna doesn't want to speak even with demons. But the devotees are so kind, they go to the demons and pray, Kindly hear. Kindly hear about Krsna
- Krsna reached the assembly (of King Dhrtarastra) and spoke about peace, and the message was relished by Bhisma and other great leaders because it was spoken by the Lord Himself
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "Even if they are offered the four kinds of spiritual opulences, they will refuse to accept them. So what to speak of their desiring anything within the material world"
- Krsna said, "Kindly forbid Her from this devious policy of putting Her face near Mine." When Krsna was speaking like this, the friends of Radharani could not check their laughter. This is an instance of ecstasy in conjugal love
- Krsna said, "My dear chaste wife, My dear princess (Rukmini), I expected such an explanation from you, and only for this purpose did I speak all those joking words, so that you might be cheated of the real point of view. Now My purpose has been served"
- Krsna said, "While collecting the dried wood, we entered the dense forest and by chance became lost"
- Krsna says, "Please hear attentively what I shall speak to you, for transcendental knowledge about Me is not only scientific but also full of mysteries"
- Krsna says. So how I can believe Krsna? Krsna says ukta, it is already settled up by authorities. Ukta. This is parampara system. Krsna also says ukta. Krsna does not say that "I speak," no. Ukta, there is Vedic evidence. Where it is? In the Upanisads
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "Different grades of material happiness and distress, comforts and disadvantages of life, are different results of different kinds of activities, from either the past or present life"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "Every living being is born according to his past karma and leaves this life simply taking the result of his present karma"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "Everyone is born in different types or species of life according to his past activities, and he gets his next birth according to the activities of this life"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "My dear father, I don’t think you need to worship any demigod for the successful performance of your agricultural activities"
- Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita specifically and eradicated all pretentious principles of religiosity
- Krsna spoke to His elder brother Balarama as follows, "My dear brother, You are superior to all of us, and Your lotus feet are worshiped by the demigods. Just see how these trees, full with fruits and flowers, have bent down to worship Your lotus feet"
- Krsna was speaking this Bhagavad-gita, He was not less than ninety years old. He remained on this earth for 125 years. So Arjuna was His contemporary friend and cousin-brother
- Krsna went on speaking, "After all, your husbands are householders, and without your help how can they execute their prescribed duties"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Because you are My pure devotees, not only your relatives but also people in general, as well as the demigods, will be satisfied with you"
- Krsna went on speaking, "But at least if you utter the name of Balarama, they may prefer to give in charity to a ksatriya rather than to Me, because I am only a vaisya"
- Krsna went on speaking, "But because they are not attracted by the names of Krsna and Balarama, you had better not ask them for anything in My name. Better ask for some charity in the name of Balarama"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Engage yourselves in sacrificial activities and in the service of your husbands and household affairs so that your husbands will be pleased with you and the sacrifice which they have begun will be properly executed"
- Krsna went on speaking, "One who does this actually knows his self-interest, because rendering transcendental loving service unto Me, without motive or restriction, is actually auspicious for the living entities"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Your coming here to see Me, neglecting all the restrictions and hindrances of relatives, fathers, brothers and husbands, is completely befitting"
- Krsna's words can immediately solve all of the questions and problems of the world. Although He does not speak very long, each and every word from His mouth contains volumes of meaning
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the ideal spiritual master, spoke the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita to Marshal Arjuna, His disciple. Here is a perfect example of the relationship between the spiritual master and the disciple
- Krsna-katha means narrations about Lord Krsna. There are two krsna-kathas: narrations spoken by Krsna and narrations spoken about Krsna
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the President, I am very much thankful to you that you are eager to hear about what Krsna wants to speak. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna in His personal form is here speaking before Arjuna, and still, due to ignorance, impersonalists argue that the Supreme Lord ultimately has no form
- Lord Krsna said, "I've never heard of a Deity's walking from one place to another." The brahmana replied, "That is true, but how is it that You are speaking to me, although You are a Deity"
- Lord Krsna spoke thus, "All glories to the assembled sages and ascetics! Today we all feel that our lives have become successful"
- Maharaja Ambarisa always engaged his mind in meditating upon the lotus feet of Krsna, his words in describing the glories of the Lord, his hands in cleansing the Lord's temple, and his ears in hearing the words spoken by Krsna or about Krsna
- Maitreya Muni was greatly attached to Him (the Lord), and he was listening in a pleasing attitude, with his shoulder lowered. With a smile and a particular glance upon me, having allowed me to rest, the Lord spoke as follows
- Many times they give me very great credit that I have done wonderful. Yes, I have done wonderful. But what is the reason? Because I am not a rascal. I speak what Krsna has spoken. That's all. Very easy
- My dear Krsna, formerly, when You were staying in Mathura, You sent Uddhava to teach Me speculative knowledge and mystic yoga. Now You Yourself are speaking the same thing, but My mind doesn't accept it
- My dearest Srimati Radharani, please hear Me (Krsna). I am speaking the truth. I cry day and night simply upon remembering all you inhabitants of Vrndavana. No one knows how unhappy this makes Me
- No one has to discover the nature of the Lord. It is already spoken by the Lord Himself in the Bhagavad-gita especially and in all other Vedic literatures generally. We have simply to accept them in toto and abide by the orders of the Lord
- Not only did he (Yudhisthira) follow the principles, but he also got approval from his old uncle, who was experienced in political affairs, and that was also confirmed by Lord Krsna, the speaker of the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita
- O descendant of Bharata, at that time Krsna, smiling, in the midst of both the armies, spoke the following words to the grief-stricken Arjuna. BG 2.10 - 1972
- O mighty conqueror of enemies, there is no end to My divine manifestations. What I have spoken to you is but a mere indication of My infinite opulences
- O mighty conqueror of enemies, there is no end to My divine manifestations. What I have spoken to you is but a mere indication of My infinite opulences. BG 10.40 - 1972
- O Narada, this science of God, Srimad-Bhagavatam, was spoken to me in summary by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and it was spoken as the accumulation of His diverse potencies. Please expand this science yourself
- O Partha, I speak to you the truth. The gopis are My helpers, teachers, disciples, servants, friends and consorts. I do not know what they are not to Me
- O Uddhava, in the lotus millennium in the days of yore, at the beginning of the creation, I spoke unto Brahma, who is situated on the lotus that grows out of My navel, about My transcendental glories, which the great sages describe as Srimad-Bhagavatam
- One should not misunderstand by wrong interpretations that the Lord spoke only four verses and that therefore all the rest of the 17,996 verses (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) are useless
- One who drinks the water of the Ganges attains salvation, so what to speak of one who drinks the nectar of Bhagavad-gita? Bhagavad-gita is the essential nectar of the Mahabharata, and it is spoken by Lord Krsna Himself, the original Visnu
- One who thinks that Krsna is an ordinary person and who misguides the reader by claiming that it is the impersonal Brahman within Krsna speaking is doing the greatest injustice
- Only if You go there in this form of Gopala and speak the words from Your beautiful face will Your testimony be heard by all the people
- Radharani said: "My dear friend, just see how Krsna has nicely composed songs and how He dances and speaks funny words and plays on His flute, wearing such nice garlands"
- Read Bhagavad-gita rightly, as it is spoken by Krsna, not foolishly interpreting nonsensically, but as it is, as it is... Call the spade a spade
- Sandipani muni continued, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are above all blessing, yet it is my duty to bless You. I therefore give You the benediction that whatever You speak will remain as eternally fresh as the instructions of the Vedas"
- Sanjaya said to Dhrtarastra: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, while speaking thus to Arjuna, displayed His real four-armed form, and at last He showed him His two-armed form, thus encouraging the fearful Arjuna. BG 11.50 - 1972
- Sanjaya said: O King, speaking thus, the Supreme, the Lord of all mystic power, the Personality of Godhead, displayed His universal form to Arjuna. BG 11.9 - 1972
- Sanjaya said: Seeing Arjuna full of compassion and very sorrowful, his eyes brimming with tears, Madhusudana, Krsna, spoke the following words. BG 2.1 - 1972
- Sanjaya said: Seeing Arjuna full of compassion, his mind depressed, his eyes full of tears, Madhusudana, Krsna, spoke the following words
- She (an old woman in Vrndavana) inquired from the gopis as to how Krsna had become so expert in speaking so many different types of languages
- Similarly, if you want to study Bhagavad-gita, then you have to become a devotee. Simply academic educational qualification will not help you, because it was spoken to the devotee
- So if we accept these words of Krsna, then we become actually Vedanti. Without understanding these things as spoken in the... Bhagavad-gita is the summarized Vedanta or Vedic philosophy
- So you are reading Bhagavad-gita throughout the whole life, but when the Lord speaks something which does not tally with our imagination, we reject it. That is not the process of Bhagavad-gita reading
- Some less intelligent men say that Bhagavad-gita is not meant for householders, but such foolish men forget that Bhagavad-gita was explained to Arjuna, a grhastha (family man), and spoken by the Lord in His role as a grhastha
- Spiritual master does not manufacture his own ideas. That is not spiritual master. Spiritual master is he who speaks exactly the words which is spoken by Krsna. That is the secret. You cannot change
- Spiritual master is he who speaks exactly the words which is spoken by Krsna
- Statement by Uddhava: "Speeches of Krsna are very pleasing to my heart"
- The BG is the spoken message of the Lord Himself recorded by Vyasadeva, and the SB is the transcendental narration of the activities of the same Krsna, which alone can satisfy the hankering desires of the living being for eternal peace and liberation
- The Bhagavad-gita is the narration or the philosophy on the science of God, spoken by Krsna Himself. Srimad-Bhagavatam is the narration about the activities and transcendental pastimes of Krsna. Both are krsna-katha
- The bona fide guru is he who advises his disciples exactly in accordance with the principles spoken by Krsna. The bona fide guru is he who has accepted Krsna as guru. This is the guru-parampara system
- The disciplic succession holds that the Vedas were uttered by Lord Krsna to Brahma, by Brahma to Narada, and by Narada to Vyasadeva and then by Vyasadeva to Sukadeva Gosvami and so on. So there is no difference between the versions of all the authorities
- The easiest process for understanding the subject matter of self is to accept the statements of the Bhagavad-gita spoken by the greatest authority, Lord Krsna, without being deviated by other theories
- The evidence that Vedic knowledge is free from the defects of mistakes, illusions, cheating and imperfection is that it is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Janardana, and has thus been followed from time immemorial, beginning from Brahma
- The Gita is krsna-katha, or topics of Krsna, because it is spoken by the Lord, and the Bhagavatam is also krsna-katha because it is spoken about the Lord
- The gopis said, "When Krsna was spoken to in this way, He might have told Radharani, 'All right, better get on My shoulder.' But immediately Krsna must have disappeared"
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have spoken about the cosmic manifestation created by the Supreme Lord, but I know that You are the all-pervading creator"
- The great sage Narada took a comfortable seat, & Krsna worshiped him with all paraphernalia, as required for the regular reception of a saintly person. While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Lord Krsna spoke the following words in His sweet and natural voice
- The history of Battle of Kuruksetra where this Bhagavad-gita was spoken, that is a historical fact
- The Krsna consciousness movement is based on Bhagavad-gita as it is, as spoken by Lord Krsna, and for those who are engaged in this movement, there is no question of uncertainty
- The less intelligent are more interested in stories than in philosophy, and therefore the philosophy of the Vedas is included within the Mahabharata in the form of the Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Lord Sri Krsna
- The Lord spoke Bhagavad-gītā, and thereby Arjuna achieved self-realization, and even today anyone who follows the path of Arjuna can also attain the same benefit as Śrī Arjuna. The scriptures are meant for this purpose
- The message of God is just like Bhagavad-gita or Bible, any, as you like. Just try to hear, san-mukharitam vartam, from realized soul. Just like the truths of Bible were spoken by Lord Jesus Christ or Krsna
- The Seventh Chapter of Bhagavad-gita is giving us some hint about the absolute world, absolute knowledge. How that knowledge can be attained, that is being spoken by the Absolute, Supreme Person, Krsna. Krsna is the Absolute Supreme Person
- The Supersoul within everyone’s heart speaks not externally but from within. He instructs the devotees in all respects, and that is His way of instruction
- The temperature is very, very great (in the sun planet). But still, there are life. Otherwise how Krsna says, imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam: "I went there and I spoke to the sun-god"
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 07) a wonderful linguist; 8) truthful; 9) talks pleasingly; 10) can speak fluently in all languages; 11) highly learned; 12) highly intelligent; 13) a genius; 14) artistic; 15) extremely clever; 16) expert
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 17) grateful; 18) firmly determined; 19) an expert judge of time and circumstances; 20) sees and speaks on the authority of Vedas, or scriptures; 21) pure; 22) self-controlled
- The Vedic civilization, however, is based on spiritual education, and spiritual education is the special basis on which Bhagavad-gita was spoken to Arjuna
- The Vedic knowledge was spoken by the Lord and first heard by Brahma, the first created living being within the universe
- The water of the Ganges is purified because it pours forth from the lotus feet of the Lord. Similarly, Bhagavad-gita is as good as the water of the Ganges because it is spoken from the mouth of the Supreme Lord
- The water of the Ganges, the narrations of His (Krsna's) pastimes and the words spoken by Him are all on the absolute platform, and thus taking shelter of any one of them is equally good
- The whole Bhagavad-gita was spoken just to induce Arjuna to kill the godless, the sinful. That is Bhagavad-gita
- The word 'vacala' is used to refer to a person who can speak according to Vedic authority, and the word 'balisa' means 'innocent.' Krsna spoke the Vedic knowledge, yet He always presents Himself as a prideless, innocent boy
- The word vacasamrtena is significant. Whenever the Lord speaks, He speaks from the transcendental world. He does not speak from the material world
- There are two important krsna-kathas current in the world - Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. Bhagavad-gita is krsna-katha because it is spoken by Krsna , whereas Srimad-Bhagavatam is krsna-katha because it narrates about Krsna
- There are two kinds of sruti, or scripture. One is spoken by the Lord, and the other is spoken about the Lord and His devotees
- There are two krsna-upadesa. One krsna-upadesa is what Krsna is speaking personally, Bhagavad-gita. And the other krsna-upadesa, what Vyasadeva is speaking about Krsna
- There is a nice statement in the SB regarding Krsna's speaking politely. When Krsna politely bade His father, Nanda Maharaj, to stop the ritualistic offering of sacrifice to the raingod, Indra, a wife of one village cowherd man became captivated
- There is another gita, Uddhava-gita. That was spoken to Uddhava. That is in Bhagavata; this is in Mahabharata, Bhagavad-gita
- There is good demand all over the world. "Krsna is not person; Krsna is consciousness." Krsna personally speaking, and "He is consciousness."
- There is no difference between siksa-guru and diksa-guru because if he's actually guru, he'll not say anything which Krsna has not spoken
- This apparently accidental development of ecstatic feelings through the causeless mercy of Krsna can be divided into three groups: simply by speaking, simply by glancing and simply by good wishes
- This one book, Bhagavad-gita, will suffice, because it is the essence of all Vedic literatures and especially because it is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Those who are actually followers of Vedas, they should understand that there is no difference between the Lord and His words - absolute. We read Bhagavad-gita, the words of Krsna. Then how we can change the meaning of Gita when it is spoken by Lord?
- Thus hearing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, speaking to pacify them, the gopis became very much pleased
- Thus Lord Sri Krsna spoke of the sexual activities of the previous night. In this way He made Srimati Radharani close Her eyes out of shyness. Taking this opportunity, Sri Krsna painted various types of dolphins on Her breasts
- Transcendental topics of the activities of Lord Sri Krsna in the Srimad-Bhagavatam begin from the end of the battle at Kuruksetra, where the Lord Himself spoke about Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- Veda was spoken by Lord Himself to Brahma. So seeing, foreseeing the condition of the present age, Vyasadeva divided Vedas, one Veda into four
- Visnu said: In due course of time Prsni became pregnant and gave birth to the child. The Lord spoke to Devaki and Vasudeva: At that time My name was Prsnigarbha
- Vyasadeva could have written krsna uvaca. No. He says... If one may misunderstand Krsna, therefore he writes in every stanza, every verse, sri bhagavan uvaca. So Bhagavan is there. Bhagavan is speaking. Bhagavan is accepted by all the acaryas
- We are known as Hare Krsna men. So we are not manufacturing something imaginary. That is not our position. Vasudevoktah. We are simply executing what Vasudeva has spoken. That's all. So our task is very easy, because we haven't got to manufacture
- We can see from His (Krishna's) presentation of this Bhagavad-gita how supreme He is. He spoke this truth five thousand years before, and continually, for five thousand years, all scholars are studying this scripture, and studying very devotedly
- We can understand a little piece of His contribution of jnana, Bhagavad-gita. That is a little piece of His stock of knowledge. Five thousand years He spoke, and still it is being continued, not only in India, but also all over the world
- We should not speak beyond what is spoken by Krsna
- What is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead or what is ordained by the supreme authority, that is dharma
- What is this meditation of wine, women and fish? He does not like us because we reject all other bogus philosophy. For that many people criticize me, but why should we accept nonsense. We accept Bhagavad-gita, as Krishna spoke it
- When all the gopis assembled, as described, before Krsna, He began to speak to them, welcoming them as well as discouraging them by word jugglery. Krsna is the supreme speaker; He is the speaker of the Bhagavad-gita
- When He descends into the material universe, His consciousness is not materially affected. If He were so affected, He would be unfit to speak on transcendental matters as He does in the Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna descends in this material world, His consciousness is not materially affected. Had His consciousness been materially affected, He was unfit to speak about the transcendental subject matter in the Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna Himself speaks about Himself, it is auspicious for all the worlds. To the demons, such explanations by Krsna Himself may appear to be strange because the demons always study Krsna from their own standpoint
- When Krsna speaks of worshiping, He does not say that you worship the electric light or something else. Mam ekam, that is the instruction. Not that "Krsna has become everything; therefore everything has to be worshiped." No
- When Krsna speaks on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, to the materialistic person it appears that this is simply talk between two friends, but actually it is a river of nectar flowing down from the mouth of Sri Krsna
- When Krsna spoke in such a discouraging way to the gopis, they became very sad, for they thought that their desire to enjoy the rasa dance with Krsna would be frustrated. Thus they became full of anxiety
- When Krsna was speaking to Maharaj Yudhisthira about religious principles, He demonstrated Himself to be a great learned scholar
- When Lord Balarama appeared on the scene, King Yudhisthira and his younger brothers Nakula and Sahadeva, as well as Lord Krsna and Arjuna, immediately offered Him their respectful obeisances, but they did not speak at all
- When Lord Krsna pacified Rukmini by His sweet words, she could understand that what He had formerly said was not actually meant seriously but was spoken to evoke some joking pleasure between themselves
- When Lord Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita, it appears that such philosophers (who do not believe in the separate existence of the soul beyond the body) existed, and they were known as the lokayatikas and vaibhasikas
- When the male members are killed, the female members become widow, and they, their character becomes polluted. So many things Krsna will speak about this family life
- When the supreme authority, Lord Krsna, was thus speaking with great gravity, all the sages and ascetics remained in dead silence. They were amazed upon hearing Him speak the absolute philosophy of life in such a concise way
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead was speaking as an innocent boy in very sweet words, Vasudeva and Devaki became captivated by parental affection and embraced Him with great pleasure
- When we hear about the transcendental qualities and activities of the Personality of Godhead, we may always remember what has been spoken by the Lord Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- Whenever Lord Krsna speaks about something to a specific devotee, it is meant not only for that devotee but for all devotees, and indeed for the entire human society
- Whenever the Lord speaks, He speaks from the transcendental world. He does not speak from the material world
- While He (Krsna) was present (in this world), He exhibited everything by His different activities. He spoke the Bhagavad-gita specifically and eradicated all pretentious principles of religiosity
- While Krsna was dressed up exactly like Radharani, He was speaking these nice words, and Srimati Radharani could understand His purpose
- While Lord Krsna was speaking in the garb of a brahmana along with Arjuna and Bhima, Jarasandha marked that the three of them did not appear to be actual brahmanas
- While Lord Krsna was speaking to Sudama Vipra, He ate one morsel of chipped rice from his bundle, and when He attempted to eat a second morsel, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune herself, checked the Lord by catching hold of His hand
- While speaking to Srimati Radharani, Krsna became very anxious to return to Vrndavana. He made Her listen to a verse which banished all Her difficulties and which assured Her that She would again attain Krsna
- Why Krsna selected to instruct Arjuna as the disciple of the renovated parampara system? That is also spoken by Krsna: "Because you are My dear friend, because you are My devotee, you can understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita"
- Yajnapatni said, "After sitting down, He (Krsna) began to narrate very impudently about His previous night's pastimes with Radharani. While He was speaking in that way, Radharani became very embarrassed"
- You are correct when you say that when the Spiritual Master speaks it should be taken that Krishna is speaking. That is a fact
- You can take Arjuna as guru. Krsna spoke to Arjuna, evam parampara-praptam. He directly listened to Him. And he's guru therefore, because the guru is by the parampara. So he understood Krsna. So you take Arjuna's instruction
- You have neglected. My charge is that you have neglected. Bhagavad-gita is there. Bhagavad-gita is spoken in India. Bhagavad-gita is there. I think every home has got a Bhagavad-gita. But you do not study; you neglect it. That is your fault
- You simply decide what Krsna has spoken. Then you become guru. If you want to manufacture something and show some magic, then you do not become guru
- Yudhisthira, after being enlightened by what was spoken by Bhismadeva & Krsna, the infallible, engaged himself in matters of perfect knowledge because all his misgivings were eradicated. Thus he ruled over the earth,seas & was followed by his brothers