green | greener | greenery | greens
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Green"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- A cloud in the sky undoubtedly appears to be a reality because it rains, and due to rains so many temporary green things appear, but in the ultimate issue, everything disappears, namely the cloud, rain and green vegetation, all in due course
- A cow eats green grasses in the pasture and fills her milk bag with sufficient milk so that the cowherdsmen can milk her. Yajnas are performed to produce sufficient clouds that will pour water over the earth. Payah can refer both to milk and to water
- A picturesque scene of green paddy fields enlivens the heart of the poor agriculturalist, but it brings gloom to the face of the capitalist who lives by exploiting the poor farmers
- Accepting Lord Krsna's proposal, the cowherd boys allowed the calves to drink water from the river and then tied them to trees where there was green, tender grass - SB 10.13.7
- Although you are eating green grass every day, you are not filling your milk bag so we can utilize your milk. Since you are willfully committing offenses, it cannot be said that you are not punishable due to your assuming the form of a cow
- Anyone who is concluding that "On the street the red light and green light is working automatically; there is no brain behind it," he's a rascal. Similarly, the whole material cosmic manifestation is working
- As He (Lord Varahadeva) shook His body, this very hair fell and turned into blades of evergreen kusa grass and kasa (another kind of grass used for mats), by means of which the sages worshiped Lord Visnu after defeating the demons
- At that time the whole forest was illuminated by the bright shining of the moon, and the air was blowing very silently over the blooming flowers, and the green leaves of the trees were moving in the breeze
- Auspicious ceremonies with decorations of the green leaves of palms, coconut trees, betel nut trees and banana trees, and fruits, flowers and leaves are an age-old custom in India
- Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color. The colors are white, multicolored, orange, red, light green, grey, yellow, off-whitish, smoky, pink, black and cloudy
- Devotional service of the Lord is ever green, and it is increasingly transcendentally pleasing
- I am asking so much here and..., "Farm, farm, farm, farm." That is not my program -- Krsna's program. Annad bhavanti bhutani. Produce greenness everywhere, everywhere. Vrndavana. It is not this motorcar civilization
- If one makes a little more progress, then instead of a cloud he sees the hill and something green. When one actually approaches the hill, he will see many varieties
- If you take green bananas, peel them and put them out in the sun to dry for one, two, three days - till it is dry - this is a very good tonic for liver
- In accordance with the Vedic custom, they (the ladies and girls of Mathura) took yogurt mixed with fresh green grass and strewed it here and there to make the victory jubilation even more auspicious
- In all directions of Dvaraka City, wherever one would turn his eyes he would find green parks and gardens, each of them filled with trees and plants laden with fruits and flowers
- In the trees and green plants, full of flowers and leaves, pleasing to the eyes, birds like cuckoos and swarms of bees began chanting with sweet voices for the sake of the demigods (at the auspicious time for the appearance of the Lord) - SB 10.3.1-5
- In Vrndavana there are many falls which are always pouring water, and the sound is so sweet that it covers the sound of the crickets. And because water flows all over, the forest always looks very green and beautiful
- It is mentioned herein that the beautiful cows and bulls were of various checkered colors - red, black, green, yellow, ash, etc. And because of their colors and healthy smiling features, the atmosphere was enlivening
- O Maharaja Pariksit, while the cowherd boys, who knew nothing within the core of their hearts but Krsna, were thus engaged in eating their lunch in the forest, the calves went far away, deep into the forest, being allured by green grass - SB 10.13.12
- Our satisfaction is never achieved, as the small rivulets, lakes and ponds are never filled with water in the dry season. Due to rainfall, the grass, trees and other vegetation look very green
- Seeing the dog eating the green coconut pulp and chanting "Krsna, Krsna" again and again, all the devotees present were very surprised
- Sometimes the grass is covered by a certain kind of red insect, and when the green and red combine with the umbrellalike mushrooms, the entire scene changes, just like a person who has suddenly become rich
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was throwing remnants of green coconut pulp to the dog. Smiling in His own way, He was saying to the dog, "Chant the holy names Rama, Krsna and Hari"
- Take in the morning sugar candy juice. Just soak some sugar candy overnight in water and take early in the morning and that will help you. Don't take any fatty vegetables. Take green vegetables in salad with lime juice. Green papaya boiled is also nice.
- The Apsara sent by Lord Brahma began strolling in a beautiful park near the place where the King was meditating and worshiping. The park was beautiful because of its dense green foliage and golden creepers
- The bodily hues of the devotees of Lord Nityananda, why green? But, it can be done, there is no harm
- The description of Nanda Maharaj's bodily features is as follows. The hairs on his head are generally black, but some of them are grey. His garments are of greenish color, like the new-grown leaves of a banyan tree
- The example given by Jiva Gosvami is that a green bird that enters a green tree appears to merge in the color of greenness, but actually the bird does not lose its individuality
- The flowing rivers supplied all kinds of tastes - sweet, pungent, sour, etc. - and very big trees supplied fruit and honey in abundance. The cows, having eaten sufficient green grass, supplied profuse quantities of milk, curd and clarified butter
- The four-legged animals like the cows made a calf out of the bull who carries Lord Siva and made a milking pot out of the forest. Thus they got fresh green grasses to eat
- The goats, cows & buffalo traveled from one forest to another & entered the forest known as Isikatavi. This forest was full of green grass, & therefore they were allured; but when they entered, they saw that there was a forest fire, & they began to cry
- The gopis continued, "Just after eating in the house of a host, the guest gives up his relationship with him. After a forest fire, when there is a scarcity of green grass, deer and other animals give up the forest"
- The great sage Narada Muni was a naisthika-brahmacari - that is, he never had sex life. He was consequently an ever-green youth. Old age, jara, could not attack him
- The greenery of the rainy season is but a temporary show. It looks very pleasant, but we must remember that it will not last. Similarly, there are persons who undergo severe austerities for some material gain, but those who are sane avoid this
- The lakes of Vrndavana are surrounded by green grasses, and various kinds of lotus flowers bloom there, such as the kahlara, kanja and utpala, and the air blowing in Vrndavana carries the aromatic pollen of those lotus flowers
- The names and descriptions of the horses of Krsna's chariot, the first one, Saibya, was greenish; the second, Sugriva, was grayish like ice; the third, Meghapuspa, was the color of a new cloud; and the last, Balahaka, was of ashen color
- Then they all bathed again, and after putting on dry clothing, they went to a small jeweled house, where the gopi Vrnda arranged to dress them in forest clothing by decorating them with fragrant flowers, green leaves and all kinds of other ornaments
- Thereafter (after Krsna entered the forest along with Balarama, tending the calves), while pasturing atop Govardhana Hill, the cows looked down to find some green grass and saw their calves pasturing near Vrndavana, not very far away - SB 10.13.29
- When there is spring season, the sunshine is available, all at a time, they (trees) become green. So as the sunshine is working in this material world, similarly the ultimate bodily rays of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the origin of all creation
- When they (the cowherd boys) went into the forest they further decorated themselves with fruits, green leaves, bunches of flowers, peacock feathers and soft minerals - SB 10.12.4
- When Uddhava was describing Krsna's pastimes to Vidura, he said, "One day the gopis became stunned when Krsna, in the dress of a gardening maid, entered the greenhouse and enlivened them with joking and laughter"
- Within & outside of the houses there were varieties of artistic paintings, done with rice pulp, & scented water was sprinkled everywhere, even on the roads & streets. Ceilings & roofs were decorated with different kinds of flags, festoons & green leaves