namuci | namucih | namucir | namucis | namuci's
Pages in category "Namuci"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- After hearing the ominous voice, Indra, with great attention, began to meditate on how to kill the demon (Namuci). He then saw that foam would be the means, for it is neither moist nor dry
- Although King Indra hurled his thunderbolt at Namuci with great force, it could not even pierce his skin. It is very wonderful that the famed thunderbolt that had pierced the body of Vrtrasura could not even slightly injure the skin of Namuci's neck
- Among the demons (who were resisting the armies of King Indra) were Namuci, Sambara, Anarva, Dvimurdha, Rsabha, Asura, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Puloma, Vrsaparva, Praheti, Heti and Utkala
- Among them were the following demons: Namuci, Sambara, Bana, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Dvimurdha, Kalanabha, Praheti, Heti, Ilvala, Sakuni, Bhutasantapa, Vajradamstra, Virocana, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Kapila, Meghadundubhi, Taraka, Cakradrk, Sumbha, Nisumbha
- The daughter of Svarbhanu named Suprabha was married by Namuci. The daughter of Vrsaparva named Sarmistha was given to the powerful King Yayati, the son of Nahusa
- The demigod Aparajita fought with Namuci, and the two Asvini-kumara brothers fought with Vrsaparva. The sun-god fought with the one hundred sons of Maharaja Bali, headed by Bana, and the moon-god fought with Rahu
- The voice also said, "O Indra, because I have given this demon the benediction that he will never be killed by any weapon that is dry or moist, you have to think of another way to kill him"
- Then Namuci, another demon, attacked Indra and injured him with fifteen very powerful golden-feathered arrows, which roared like a cloud full of water
- Thus Indra, King of heaven, severed Namuci's head with a weapon of foam, which was neither dry nor moist. Then all the sages satisfied Indra, the exalted personality, by showering flowers and garlands upon him, almost covering him
- When Indra saw the thunderbolt return from the enemy, he was very much afraid. He began to wonder whether this had happened because of some miraculous superior power
- When Indra, King of heaven, saw this very powerful spear falling toward the ground like a blazing meteor, he immediately cut it to pieces with his arrows. Then, being very angry, he struck Namuci's shoulder with his thunderbolt to cut off Namuci's head
- When Namuci, another demon, saw the killing of both Bala and Paka, he was full of grief and lamentation. Thus he angrily made a great attempt to kill Indra
- When Narada Muni learned that Jambhasura had been killed, he informed Jambhasura's relatives Namuci, Bala and Paka, who then went to the battlefield and attacked the demigods
- When Narada Rsi informed Jambhasura's friends and relatives that Jambhasura had been killed, the three demons named Namuci, Bala and Paka arrived on the battlefield in great haste