This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Sivananda Sena"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- A dog accompanied Sivananda Sena and the devotees, and that dog was so fortunate that after seeing the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, it was liberated and went back home, back to Godhead
- After delivering the letter, the men inquired from Sivananda Sena about Raghunatha dasa, but Sivananda Sena replied, "He did not come here"
- After meditating for two days, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari told Sivananda Sena, "I have already brought Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to the village known as Panihati"
- After saying this, Sivananda Sena went to Nityananda Prabhu, who then stood up and kicked him
- All the devotees of Kulina-grama and Sri Khanda, as well as Advaita Acarya, came together to meet Sivananda Sena
- Also hearing this auspicious news, Haridasa Thakura became very pleased. So also did Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta and Sivananda Sena
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- As he (Srikanta Sena) described the Vaisnavas, therefore, he did not mention Lord Nityananda's kicking Sivananda Sena. Meanwhile, all the devotees arrived and went to meet the Lord
- At night, when Sivananda Sena returned and was taking his meal, he inquired from the servant whether the dog had gotten its meals
- At the end of the year, Sivananda Sena came to Jagannatha Puri as usual, accompanied by the other devotees, and thus in great happiness met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Because of Sivananda Sena's glories, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate all kinds of prasadam to honor his request. However, the Lord ate more than necessary, and therefore His mind was dissatisfied
- Being very much pleased by Nityananda Prabhu's behavior, Sivananda Sena began to arrange residential quarters for all the Vaisnavas, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Bring all the ingredients very soon, for I want to begin cooking immediately. Please do what I say
- Even living entities who are lower than human can be raised to Krsna consciousness by other methods. For example, Sivananda Sena, a great devotee of Lord Caitanya, delivered a dog by feeding him prasada
- Every year he took a party of devotees from Bengal to Jagannatha Puri to visit Lord Caitanya. He maintained the entire party as they journeyed on the road
- He (Caitanya dasa, the son of Sivananda Sena) offered yogurt, limes, ginger, soft bada and salt. Seeing all these arrangements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased
- He also met Sivananda Sena, who informed him, Your father sent ten men to take you away
- He complained, "Sivananda Sena has not arranged for My residence and I am so hungry I could die. Because he has not come, I curse his three sons to die"
- He said, "As long as Sivananda Sena's wife and children stay in Jagannatha Puri, they must be given the remnants of My food"
- He wrote me a letter asking me to send you back, but when those ten men received no information about you, they returned home from Jhankara
- Headed by Sivananda Sena, Advaita Acarya and others, all the devotees assembled in Navadvipa
- Hearing these calls, Sivananda Sena quickly went there, offered obeisances to Nakula Brahmacari, and sat down near him
- Hearing this curse, Sivananda Sena's wife began to cry. Just then, Sivananda returned from the toll station
- Hearing this, all the devotees were struck with wonder, and Sivananda became confident that the incident was true
- Here is Hari Bhatta, and there is Nrsimhananda. Here are Vasudeva Datta and Sivananda Sena
- Immediately upon hearing this, Sivananda Sena became absorbed in ecstatic love and fell down on the ground, offering obeisances to the Lord. He then began to recite the following verse
- In his book Caitanya-candrodaya, Kavi-karnapura, the son of Sivananda Sena, has elaborately described the meeting between Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In his inspired state, Nakula Brahmacari said, "Sivananda Sena is staying some distance away. Two or four of you go call him"
- In the Twelfth Chapter are descriptions of how Jagadananda Pandita broke a pot of oil and how Lord Nityananda chastised Sivananda Sena
- In these verses, the great poet Kavi-karnapura gives the same information that Sivananda Sena conveyed to the messenger from Raghunatha dasa's father
- Influenced by the loving affairs of Sivananda Sena, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came again and again. Therefore who can estimate the limits of his love
- It (the sixteenth chapter) also describes how Sivananda's son composed a verse and how the doorkeeper of the Simha-dvara showed Krsna to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Nityananda became very angry with Sivananda Sena, who was in charge of the affairs of the party, and kicked him in loving anger. Sivananda Sena felt highly favored to have been kicked by Nityananda Prabhu
- Nityananda Prabhu meanwhile became very hungry and upset. Because He had not yet obtained a suitable residence, He began calling Sivananda Sena ill names
- No one can cross over the ocean of Sivananda Sena's good fortune, for the Lord considered Sivananda's whole family His own
- Now go home. When all of us go, I shall take all of you with me
- Now hear about the invitation Sivananda Sena extended to the Lord. His eldest son was named Caitanya dasa
- Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to Sivananda, "Please bring whatever cooking ingredients I want." Thus Sivananda Sena immediately brought whatever he asked for
- O my Lord! O unlimited one! Although I was merged in the ocean of nescience, I have now, after a long time, attained You, just as one may attain the seashore
- Once before when Sivananda Sena had visited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at His residence, the Lord had told him, "When this son is born, give him the name Puri dasa"
- One day when the party was being checked by a toll collector, the devotees were allowed to pass, and Sivananda Sena remained behind alone to pay the taxes
- One day while Sivananda was detained by a tollman, his servant forgot to give the dog its cooked rice
- Sivananda said to Nrsimhananda, "Why are you expressing dismay?" Nrsimhananda replied, "Just see the behavior of your Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Sivananda Sena also supplied food to all the devotees and took care of them along the way. In this way, feeling great happiness, he went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri
- Sivananda Sena arranged for the journey. He maintained everyone and provided residential quarters
- Sivananda Sena had a nephew named Srikanta Sena, who by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was extremely fortunate
- Sivananda Sena had bought very costly remnants of Lord Jagannatha's food. He brought it in and offered it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who sat down to accept the prasadam with His associates
- Sivananda Sena informed them, You cannot go to Jagannatha Puri directly. When I go there, you may accompany me
- Sivananda Sena introduced his three sons to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because they were his sons, the Lord showed the boys great mercy
- Sivananda Sena made all arrangements for the party's necessities. In particular, he pacified the men in charge of levying taxes and found resting places for everyone
- Sivananda Sena managed the payment of tolls at different places. Maintaining everyone, he guided all the devotees in great happiness
- Sivananda Sena replied, "He has kept the name that appeared to me from within." Then he invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for lunch
- Sivananda Sena replied, "You crazy woman! Why are you needlessly crying? Let my three sons die for all the inconvenience we have caused Nityananda Prabhu"
- Sivananda Sena thereupon developed full confidence in his mind that Nakula Brahmacari was filled with the presence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Sivananda Sena then offered him respect and devotional service
- Sivananda Sena took care of all the necessities the devotees required. In particular, he made arrangements for residential quarters, and he knew the roads of Orissa
- Sivananda Sena took care of everyone and gave each devotee places to stay. He knew all the paths leading to Orissa
- Sivananda Sena touched the lotus feet of Nityananda Prabhu and led Him to His residence. After giving the Lord His quarters, Sivananda Sena, being very pleased, spoke as follows
- Sivananda Sena was the father of Paramananda Sena, who was also known as Puri dasa or Kavi-karnapura
- Sivananda Sena's nephew, Srikanta, the son of his sister, felt offended, and he commented on the matter when his uncle was absent
- Sivananda Sena, the twenty-fourth branch of the tree, was an extremely confidential servant of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sivananda Sena, the twenty-fourth branch of the tree, was an extremely confidential servant of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Everyone who went to Jagannatha Puri to visit Lord Caitanya took shelter and guidance from Sri Sivananda Sena
- Sivananda Sena, unhappy that the dog had to stay behind, paid the boatman ten pana of conchshells to take the dog across the river
- Sivananda Sena, who was in charge of the party, made arrangements to clear the tax collecting centers. He took care of all the devotees and happily traveled with them
- Some devotees say that Thakura Saranga dasa was formerly Prahlada Maharaja, but Sri Kavi-karnapura says that his father, Sivananda Sena, does not accept this proposition
- Sri Pundarika Vidyanidhi, Sri Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Pandita, Sivananda Sena, Sri Ramananda Raya, Sri Sikhi Mahiti, Sri Madhavidevi and Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami never visited Vrndavana-dhama
- Srila Sivananda Sena experienced the three features of saksat, avesa and avirbhava. Later I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) shall vividly describe this transcendentally blissful subject
- Srila Sivananda Sena guided all the devotees of Lord Caitanya who went from Bengal to Jagannatha Puri, and he personally bore all the expenses for their journey
- Srila Sivananda Sena had three sons, named Caitanya dasa, Ramadasa and Paramananda
- Srinatha Pandita, one of the disciples of Advaita Prabhu, was the spiritual master of the third son of Sivananda Sena, who was known as Paramananda Kavi-karnapura
- Srivallabha Sena and Srikanta Sena were also subbranches of Sivananda Sena
- Srivallabha Sena and Srikanta Sena were also subbranches of Sivananda Sena, for they were not only his nephews but also unalloyed devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Srivasa Pandita also took his wife, Malini, and the wife of Sivananda Sena also went with her husband
- Suddenly Nrsimhananda arrived, and Jagadananda and Sivananda arranged for him to sit near them. Seeing them both so unhappy, Nrsimhananda inquired, "Why do I see that you are both despondent?"
- Taking his son, Sivananda Sena went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at His residence. He made his son offer respectful obeisances at the lotus feet of the Lord
- That chapter also describes the incident of Sivananda Sena's dog, who was induced by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to chant the holy name of Krsna and was thus liberated
- That man inquired from Sivananda Sena, Did you see anyone in the renounced order at the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- That year, Sivananda Sena brought with him his wife and youngest son, Puri dasa
- The Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika states that two of the gopis of Vrndavana, whose former names were Vira and Duti, combined to become Sivananda Sena
- The inhabitants of Kulina-grama and Khanda also came and joined. Sivananda Sena took the leadership and thus started taking care of them all
- The Lord also respectfully told Sivananda Sena, "Take care of Vasudeva Datta very nicely"
- The next day, Caitanya dasa, the son of Sivananda Sena, extended an invitation to the Lord. He could understand the Lord's mind, however, and therefore he arranged for a different kind of food
- The next year, Sivananda went to Jagannatha Puri with all the other devotees to see the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The next year, when Sivananda Sena was going to Jagannatha Puri as usual, the servants and the brahmana, who was a cook, went with him
- The party went into a village and waited beneath a tree because no one but Sivananda Sena could arrange for their residential quarters
- The Second Chapter tells how the Lord instructively punished Junior Haridasa. Also in that chapter is a description of the wonderful vision of Sivananda Sena
- The son was in the womb of Sivananda's wife, and when Sivananda returned home the son was born
- The sons, servants and family members of Sivananda Sena constituted a subbranch. They were all sincere servants of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The three sons of Sivananda Sena, named Caitanya dasa, Ramadasa and Karnapura, were all heroic devotees of Lord Caitanya
- The wife of Sivananda Sena also came, along with their three sons. Raghava Pandita joined them, carrying his famous bags of food
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- Then Sivananda Sena told him, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu promised that He would come. Why, then, has He not arrived
- Then turning toward Sivananda Sena, the Lord said, "I know that from the very beginning your affection for Me has been very great"
- They filled a large earthen pot with the aromatic oil, and with great care Jagadananda Pandita brought it to Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri
- Thus all the devotees of Kulina-grama and Sri Khanda, as well as Advaita Acarya, came together to meet Sivananda Sena
- Thus people began running here and there, calling in all directions, "Sivananda! Whoever is Sivananda, please come. Nakula Brahmacari is calling you"
- Today my birth, my family and my activities have all become successful. Today I have achieved the fulfillment of religious principles, economic development, satisfaction of the senses and ultimately devotional service to Lord Krsna
- Today You have accepted me as Your servant and have properly punished me for my offense
- When all the devotees from Bengal returned home after staying at Jagannatha Puri for four months, Raghunatha dasa's father heard about their arrival and therefore sent a man to Sivananda Sena
- When he learned that the dog had not been supplied food in his absence, he was very unhappy. He then immediately sent ten men to find the dog
- When he saw the dog sitting in that way and chanting the name of Krsna, Sivananda, because of his natural humility, immediately offered his obeisances to the dog just to counteract his offenses to it
- When Lord Nityananda heard this, He was very happy. He rose and embraced Sivananda Sena in great love
- When Lord Nityananda Prabhu rebuked Sivananda Sena on the way to Puri, these two nephews of Sivananda left the company as a protest and went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri
- When Sivananda brought his son, Caitanya dasa, to be introduced to the Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired about his name
- When Sivananda Sena heard that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had entered the body of Nakula Brahmacari, he went there with doubts in his mind
- When Sivananda Sena heard this statement, he was unsure whether Nrsimhananda Brahmacari was speaking that way because of ecstatic love or because it was actually a fact
- When Sivananda Sena introduced the child to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord put His toe in the child's mouth
- When Sivananda Sena was thus perplexed, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to him, "Bring more food. Let me cook again for Lord Nrsimhadeva"
- When the men returned without success, Sivananda Sena became very unhappy and fasted for the night
- While going to Jagannatha Puri, Sivananda Sena allowed a dog to go with him. He supplied it food to eat and maintained it