"Markandeya Muni" | "Markandeya Rsi"
- Mārkaṇḍeya Ṛṣi
- the best of the descendants of Bhṛgu
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Markandeya"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Narada Muni continued: Dear King, just to relieve Jaya and Vijaya of the brahmanas' curse, Lord Ramacandra appeared in order to kill Ravana and Kumbhakarna. It will be better for you to hear narrations about Lord Ramacandra's activities from Markandeya
- No one can attain the perfectional stage of devotional service without bowing down before exalted devotees. Learned sages like Markandeya Rsi attained perfection in devotional service simply by executing such regulative principles of service
- The Aditya Purana, Markandeya Purana and Padma Purana tell about a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy but had a very chaste and faithful wife
- The statement of the Markandeya Purana about the child's situation within the womb is exactly corroborated by modern medical science, and thus the authority of the puranas cannot be disproved, as is sometimes attempted by the Mayavadi philosophers
- They (the Abhiras) were under the domination of Maharaja Yudhisthira, and according to the statements of Markandeya the mlecchas of this part of the world would also rule over Bharata. Later on this proved to be true, as in the case of the Pulindas
- Tormented by hunger and thirst, attacked by monstrous makaras and timingila fish and battered by the wind and waves, Markandeya Rsi moved aimlessly through the infinite darkness into which he had fallen