Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Meaning of Sanskrit Words
Pages in category "Questions On... Meaning of Sanskrit Words"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total.
- Dharma there (sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam) means to the religious faith or duty?
- Does karma-yoga mean to follow exactly the sastras?
- Does Krsna mean God?
- Does sundara, like "Gaurasundara," that sundara means beautiful?
- Does the word nirvana mean Krsna?
- Don't you find it extremely difficult to get the literal meaning from the Sanskrit to the English?
- I ask you, Prabhu, what is that dharma-ksetra and kuru-ksetra?
- I wondered what "Rama" meant when we say the mantra, Hare Rama, you see.
- If Krsna was not born, then what is the significance of that word, that sambhavami, dharma-samstha...?
- If you were American, how would you say the chant? In other words, I know it has many translations, but what would it mean to you? How would you say it in English?
- In the Bhagavatam, it is mentioned, sarva-devamayo guruh. What is the meaning?
- Is guru and swami the same thing?
- Is it nityah anityanam or nityah nityanam?
- Is that bhajananandi and gosthyanandi?
- Is that called rtvik-acarya (yes. I shall recommend some of you. After this is settled up, I shall recommend some of you to act as officiating acaryas)?
- Is that the mayayapahrta-jnanah?
- Is that what it means by sarvam khalv idam brahma (everything is Bhagavan, but it appears like different)?
- It's that "aham" is indicated to Who? The physical posture of Krsna which we know or the...?
- Mam here means Krsna? Or Brahma?
- Man-mana bhava mad-bhakto?
- Means what (mudha-mate means "You rascal" )?
- Mukti (the merging into the existence, this is called sayujya-mukti. Sayujya, to become one. Sayujya-mukti means liberation by becoming one with the Lord)?
- My purports are liked by people because it is presented as practical experience
- Sambodhana is to remove the evil, remove the bad part isn't it?
- San-khya means to count?
- Sanskrit word for..., yajna?
- Sir, may I know the meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna and Hare Rama? The real meaning of the divine name Hare Krsna, Hare Rama?
- So if in India they want to glorify God by calling Him the All-attractive One, and that word is Krsna, then what is the wrong?
- So the translation of it (sad gamaya)?
- So what is the exact meaning of that verse, sraddha-sabde?
- Srila Prabhupada, I want to make sure the meaning of Tad apy aphalatam jatam. Tesam atmabhimaninam. Jata means the species?
- Swami? What does Nanda-kisora mean?
- Swamiji, in last night's initiation you gave me my spiritual name. Could you tell me tonight what that name means?
- Swamiji, what's the meaning of "Thakura"?
- That's what Srila Prabhupada said, "In Scientific Knowledge." I was wondering, if this, is this, sa, mean "in"?
- The last point you have inquired the meaning of the name Jananivasa...
- The literal meaning of sutra is a condensed statement, Prabhupada?
- This specific Vaisnava, that refers to Visnu? Worshipers of Visnu (Godhead means all visnu-tattva. They are not jiva-tattva. So therefore those who are devotee of God, they are called Vaisnava)?
- Thread (sutra means thread)?
- To answer your question regarding your names Balai, Lilasukha, Kancanbala, Indira and Ekayani...
- What are the Pitrloka, Martyaloka and this...?
- What does it (Gandharvapur) mean?
- What does it refer to, then, karmany evadhikaras te ma phalesu kadacana?
- What does Madhumangala mean?
- What does Rama mean in Hare Rama? Is this Balarama or Lord Ramacandra?
- What does that it (veriya dasan) mean?
- What does that mean, "de bhagavan?"
- What does the name Vaisnavi mean?
- What does the word "buddha" mean?
- What does the word (Krsna) actually mean? Kr is the root for "making," isn't it?
- What does the word Krsna mean?
- What does this mean? "Ketu Mahadasa?" What is the meaning of that, Srila Prabhupada?
- What exactly does "Krsna" mean?
- What He said? Avajananti ma mudhah
- What is dhira?
- What is gosvami?
- What is Hare Krsna?
- What is jata?
- What is karma?
- What is sahajiya?
- What is that (just like the sun is sarva-vyapaka. Is it not?)?
- What is that mithah?
- What is that Pitrloka actually?
- What is that root (when sastra fails, then according to sastra, there is sastra. Sastra means weapon. Both of them come from the sas-dhatu)?
- What is that samsiddhi noun?
- What is that sraddha?
- What is the difference between jnanam and vijnanam?
- What is the distinction between jnana and vijnana?
- What is the meaning of apratihata?
- What is the meaning of Rama?
- What is the meaning of sac-cid-ananda?
- What is the meaning of that (Yesam anta gatam papam jananam punya-karmanam, te dvandva-moha-nirmukta)?
- What is the meaning of the word atma?
- What is the meaning of this mantra, Hare Krsna?
- What is the meaning of Vedanta?
- What is the word actually? "Kr" is the root for making, isn't it?
- What is this Abhiras? Abhira?
- What is vikarma?
- Why there are three words, karma, vikarma, akarma? There are three