Pages in category "Ruci (Prajapati)"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Ruci was considered a first-class brahmana; therefore he is mentioned here (in SB 4.1.3) as brahma-varcasvi, one who had full prowess in brahminical strength
- Ruci, according to his promise, returned his male child to Svayambhuva Manu and decided to keep the daughter, whose name was Daksina
- Ruci, who was very powerful in his brahminical qualifications and was appointed one of the progenitors of the living entities, begot one son and one daughter by his wife, Akuti
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, in his Anubhasya, gives a list of Manus and their fathers’ names: (11-14) Rudra-savarni, Dharma-savarni, Deva-savarni and Indra-savarni, the sons of Rudra, Ruci, Satyasaha and Bhuti respectively
- Svayambhuva had two daughters, Akuti and Prasuti. The Prajapati Ruci married Akuti, and Daksa married Prasuti. These couples and their children produced immense numbers of children to populate the entire universe
- Svayambhuva Manu very gladly brought home the beautiful boy named Yajna, and Ruci, his son-in-law, kept with him the daughter, Daksina