Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
merciful | mercifully | mercifulness
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Merciful"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A saintly person is always tolerant and merciful, he is a friend to everyone, never an enemy to anyone, and he is peaceful. These are some of the good qualities of a devotee
- Accompanied during the daytime by the sons of the Prajapati and accompanied at night by his daughters, Laksmidevi worships the Lord during the period known as the Samvatsara in His most merciful form as Kamadeva
- After this, the Lord embraced both of them and requested all of the devotees present to be merciful upon them and deliver them
- All glories to Advaita Acarya, who is very merciful! All glories to the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who are always overwhelmed by transcendental bliss
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci! All glories to Sri Nityananda Prabhu! Indeed, He is the most glorious and merciful
- All glory, all glory to the merciful Lord Nityananda, by whose mercy I have attained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Rupa and Sri Sanatana
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the Lord has mercifully bestowed upon me the inspiration to write transcendental literature about devotional service
- An intermediate, second-class devotee shows love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is friendly to all devotees and is very merciful to neophytes and ignorant people. The intermediate devotee neglects those who are envious of devotional service
- Approaching him with great humility, Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have taken shelter of you, my dear sir. Kindly be merciful to me and save my life"
- Arjuna was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- As the religious principles are reducing, so many other things are reducing, of which the duration of life, bodily strength, mercifulness, memory
- At the present moment if one man is attacked, the passersby will not care for it because they have lost their sympathy or mercifulness for others. Our neighbor may starve, but we don't care for it
- Dear son, we have been defeated by our enemies, and therefore we are very much aggrieved. Please mercifully fulfill our desires by relieving our distress through the strength of your austerities. Please fulfill our prayers
- Devahuti requested her great son (Kapiladeva) to be merciful towards her because she was a less intelligent woman and also His mother
- Devotees are always merciful, humble, truthful, equal to all, faultless, magnanimous, mild and clean
- Devotees are always tolerant, forbearing and very merciful. They are the well-wishers of every living entity. They follow the scriptural injunctions, and because they have no enemies, they are very peaceful. These are the decorations of devotees
- God is merciful undoubtedly, but He bestows His mercy on us when we need it most. This is so because we forget God as soon as we obtain this mercy
- God is merciful undoubtedly, but He bestows His mercy on us when we need it most. This is so because we forget God as soon as we obtain this mercy. We should therefore remember the mercy of God constantly if we want to avoid distress
- God is so kind and merciful that He can give Himself in exchange for the devotional service of the devotee
- Haridasa Thakura was immovable, for he was deeply determined. He began to speak to her, being very merciful toward her
- He (Akrura) saw the four-handed Supreme Personality of Godhead, smiling very beautifully. He was very pleasing to all and was looking toward everyone with a merciful glance
- He (Arjuna) was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- He therefore mercifully spoke the supreme Purana, known as Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is the bright light of the Absolute Truth and which describes the activities of Lord Krsna
- I (Krsna) then (just to keep You (Radharani) living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You) return to Dvaraka-dhama. Thus You can always feel My presence there in Vrndavana
- I (Uttanapada) am very much addicted to my wife, and I am so fallen that I have abandoned all merciful behavior, even to my son (Dhruva), who is only five years old. I have banished him and his mother, even though he is a great soul and a great devotee
- I can understand now that how much merciful was my Guru Maharaja that he forced me to take this life
- I have also heard that this great personality has shown you great favor. At any rate, this is what I hear from many different people. Now, being merciful upon me, you should do me the favor of arranging an interview
- I shall become a merciful, well-wishing friend to all living entities and always absorb myself in Krsna consciousness
- If a benevolent and merciful person exhibits his pride in becoming poverty-stricken by giving his possessions in charity for good causes, his poverty is a welcome and auspicious sign of a great personality
- If leaders & rich men spend fifty percent of their accumulated wealth mercifully for the misled people & educate them in KC, the knowledge of Bhagavatam, certainly the age of Kali will be defeated in its attempt to entrap the conditioned souls
- If someone is able, by chance, to see face to face a great saintly person like Narada, who is always serene and merciful to everyone, then immediately that conditioned soul becomes liberated
- If someone is ignorant and addicted to the path of samsara, how can one who is actually learned, merciful and advanced in spiritual knowledge engage him in fruitive activity and thus further entangle him in material existence?
- If the creative laws are changed according to the whims of providence, then providence certainly should not be considered merciful, but must be considered inimical to the created being
- In Bengal I have two shelters - My mother and the river Ganges. Both of them are very merciful
- In response to the request of Maharaja Citraketu, Angira Rsi, who was born of Lord Brahma's mind, was very merciful toward him. Because the sage was a greatly powerful personality, he performed a sacrifice by offering oblations of sweetrice to Tvasta
- In this chapter we find Maharaja Ambarisa offering prayers to the Sudarsana cakra and we find how the Sudarsana cakra became merciful to Durvasa Muni
- It is said that a person is great if he is decorated with the qualities of being very merciful toward the unfortunate, very powerful, superior, chivalrous, enthusiastic, expert and truthful
- Kurus said, "O creator of innumerable universes, let us fall down and offer You (Balarama) our respectful obeisances again and again. We are now completely surrendered unto You. Please, therefore, be merciful upon us and give us Your protection"
- Kurus said, "The Yadus are now trying to go against those who have fed them nicely. Their flourishing condition is due to our gifts & merciful behavior & still they are so shameless that they are trying to order us. How regrettable are these activities"
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Advaita Acarya, who is very merciful, and also to that great personality Gadadhara Pandita, the learned scholar
- Let the Supreme Lord be merciful towards me. He is the one friend and soul of all living entities in the world, and He maintains all, for their ultimate happiness, by His six transcendental opulences
- Let us speak one word that is very true. Plainly hear us, O merciful one. There is no other object of mercy within the three worlds but us
- Lord Boar is everything; He is merciful, He is all knowledge, and He is illusion also
- Lord Brahma said: My dear boy Narada, being merciful to all (including me) you have asked all these questions because I have been inspired to see into the prowess of the Almighty Personality of Godhead
- Lord Brahma, who is worshiped by the brahmanas, has very mercifully given you to me, and that is why I have met you. I do not want to give up your company, for my mind and eyes are fixed upon you and cannot be drawn away
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "This is certainly the limit of perfection, but please be merciful to Me and speak more if there is more"
- Lord Caitanya replied, "You are very merciful to Me, and therefore I think it is My duty to obey your order"
- Lord Nityananda was by nature very merciful and funny. Being merciful, He spoke to Raghunatha dasa as follows
- Lord Siva, the husband of Parvati, is generally very merciful, and he is very quickly satisfied if someone undertakes severe austerities to please him
- May Gopinathaji, who attracts all the gopis with the song of His flute and who has begun the most melodious rasa dace on the bank of the Yamuna in Vamsivata, be merciful upon us
- May He be merciful towards me so that I, as before, may be empowered with the introspection to create, for I am also one of the surrendered souls who are dear to the Lord
- May that Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose form is eternal and full of knowledge and bliss, be merciful to me
- Merciful acaryas
- My dear sir, I have one desire. Please be merciful to me by kindly placing your feet upon my head so that the dust on your feet may touch it
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- My Lord, You are the omniscient, merciful, independent Supreme Lord. Exactly like an instrument of wood, I dance as You make me do so
- Narottama Das Thakura continued, "I pray that You please be merciful upon me. Please do not kick me away, for I have no other shelter than You"
- Naturally Haridasa Thakura was merciful toward him, and because of the merciful benediction of this Vaisnava, he later attained the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet
- Not only Brahma but anyone who may be graced by the Lord to see such merciful direct internal energy can also realize the Personality of Godhead without any mental speculation
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- O King Pariksit, when Amsuman had glorified the Lord in this way, the great sage Kapila, the powerful incarnation of Visnu, being very merciful to him, explained to him the path of knowledge
- O King, overlooking my offenses, you have saved my life. Thus I am very much obliged to you because you are so merciful
- O My Lord! O most merciful master! O master of Mathura! When shall I see You again? Because of My not seeing You, My agitated heart has become unsteady. O most beloved one, what shall I do now
- O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Narayana, O Vasudeva, original person! O most exalted person, supreme experience, welfare personified! O supreme benediction, supremely merciful and changeless
- One of the disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura wanted to enjoy the property of his spiritual master & the spiritual master, being merciful toward him, gave him the temporary property, but not the power to preach the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One who is in friendship with devotees of Krsna & who is very merciful to the ignorant, raising them to the standard of DS & who is uninterested in nondevotees, is considered to be situated in the position of cultivating devotional service
- Only bhakti. And it is the duty of the spiritual master, or mahatma, to spread bhakti cult. That is the most confidential... That is the most merciful humanitarian activity
- Please put Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy to your crucial test, and if you are actually a logician you will come to the right conclusion that there is no personality more merciful than Lord Caitanya
- Prayers to the Six Goswamis, 1968 - Sri-caitanya-krpa-bharau: "They were so kind and merciful because they actually received the blessings and mercy of Lord Caitanya"
- Radha and Krishna have been so much merciful upon me to have given me so many nice spiritual sons and daughters as yourselves
- Raghava Pandita, being very merciful toward Raghunatha dasa, offered him the dishes with the remnants of food left by the two brothers
- Recalling the words of Lord Visnu, the merciful sage Kardama replied as follows to Svayambhuva Manu's praiseworthy daughter, Devahuti, who was speaking words full of renunciation
- Seeing me so afraid, the lion said, 'I have defeated you just to teach you a lesson, but I must be merciful to you
- Since Narada Muni is an approved saintly person, when cursed by Daksa he replied, "tad badham: Yes, what you have said is good. I accept this curse." He could have cursed Daksa in return, but because he is a tolerant and merciful sadhu, he took no action
- Sir, you are directly Narayana. Therefore please be merciful unto Me. Deliver Me from this material bondage
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is wonderfully merciful and wonderfully magnanimous. We have heard of no one else within this world so merciful and charitable
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O best of the advanced Aryans, after saying this much to the sons of Prajapati Daksa, Narada Muni, whose merciful glance never goes in vain, left as he had planned
- Svasty astu visvasya: "Let there be good fortune throughout the entire universe." Prahlada Maharaja thus requested the Lord to be merciful to everyone, including his father, a most envious person
- The all-merciful Lord very tactfully corrects the bewildered devotee by exhibiting before him the real nature of this material world
- The demigods prayed to Brahma: Please look upon us mercifully, for we have fallen into a miserable condition; because of the darkness, all our work has been suspended
- The devotee said, "Let her (Yasoda) merciful glance fall on all of us so that we may be protected from the clutches of maya and smoothly progress in our devotional service"
- The drunkard does not derive any profit out of drinking, but because he has become a servant of the drinking habit and does not wish to get out of it, the merciful Lord gives him all facilities to fulfill such desires
- The glories of Lord Gopala, who is merciful to brahmanas, are very great. The narration of Saksi-gopala was spoken by Nityananda Prabhu and heard by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The goal of life cannot be achieved unless one practices the process. Now, being merciful upon Me, please explain that means by which this goal can be attained
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The law of satiation acts materially, but there is no scope for it in the spiritual realm. The word infallible is significant here, because although the Lord has mercifully descended on earth, He is still infallible
- The Lord is by nature very merciful, and when He sees that His servant is working without desires for material profit, naturally He is conquered
- The Lord is merciful even to the women, sudras and dvija-bandhus, provided they agree to visit the temple of worship in different forms made for them. Such temple visitors are not idolaters, as alleged by some men with a poor fund of knowledge
- The Lord is so merciful that even if there is some impediment for the devotee, He Himself manages matters in such a way that the devotee is not bereft of having audience at His lotus feet. There is a very good example in the life of Haridasa Thakura
- The Lord killed many inimical nondevotees, but they all received sarupya; in other words, they returned to their original spiritual bodies. One who does not know the Lord's position says that God is unkind to him but merciful to others
- The Lord, who is supreme & is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes. He can uplift the entire cosmic creation & remove our dejection by kindly speaking directions
- The madhyama-adhikari is a devotee who worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the highest object of love, makes friends with the Lord's devotees, is merciful to the ignorant and avoids those who are envious by nature
- The merciful Lord left behind Him the great teachings of the Bhagavad-gita so that one can take the instructions of the Lord even when He is not visible to material eyesight
- The pious kings were not merciful to dacoits and thieves in the name of nonsensical ahimsa (nonviolence)
- The second-class devotee is he who is merciful and compassionate to the fallen soul
- The SPG, who is inconceivably opulent, devoid of all material names, forms & pastimes, and who is all-pervading, is especially merciful to the devotees who worship His lotus feet. Thus He exhibits transcendental forms & names with His different pastimes
- The symptom of a qualified king or political leader is mentioned herein - he must be very merciful and compassionate to the people and see to their prime interest, which is to become elevated devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The symptoms of a sadhu are that he is tolerant, merciful and friendly to all living entities. He has no enemies, he is peaceful, he abides by the scriptures, and all his characteristics are sublime
- The two of you please be merciful to me and order me in such a way that life after life I may serve the lotus feet of Lord Raghunatha
- Therefore I desire to hear your skill in composing poetry. We could hear this if you would mercifully describe the glory of mother Ganges
- Therefore with folded hands we beg Your pardon. My Lord, since You are supremely merciful and are always full of good qualities, please pardon us. We offer our respectful obeisances unto You
- These (being very merciful toward the unfortunate, very powerful, superior, chivalrous, enthusiastic, expert and truthful) decorations were manifested in the character of Krsna during His Govardhana-lila
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- This movement means taking mercy from the ocean of mercy of Krsna and distribute it all over the world, so that again the merciful water goes down to the sea
- We Kurus, can't allow them (the Yadus) to do any more of these things, nor shall we allow them to use these royal insignias. Best to take all these things away; it is improper to feed a snake with milk, since merciful activities simply increase his venom
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- When a neophyte devotee deviates from the path of pure devotion and wants to simultaneously enjoy sense gratification and discharge devotional service, the all-merciful Lord very tactfully corrects...
- When people are demoniac in spirit, they are not merciful toward the poor animals. Consequently, they maintain various animal slaughterhouses. This is technically called suna, or himsa, which means the killing of living beings
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- While resting in Satyabhama-pura, he dreamed that a celestially beautiful woman came before him and very mercifully gave him the following order