arca | "arca-vigraha" | "arca-murti" | "arca-murtis" | "arca-avatara" | "arcana-marga"
- arcā-vigraha, arcā-mūrti, arcā-avatāra, arcana-mārga
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Arca"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Although the arca-murti, the worshipable Deity form of the Lord, appears to be made of material elements, it is as good as the spiritual forms found in the spiritual Vaikunthalokas
- An advanced devotee accepts the Deity in the temple as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He does not see any difference between the original form of the Lord and the statue, or arca form of the Lord, in the temple
- Arcana means worship of the Deity in the temple. By executing this process one confirms himself to be not the body but spirit soul
- As clearly said in Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.4), bhinna prakrtir astadha: the material elements are separated energies of the Supreme Lord. If He transforms Himself into the arca-murti, the worshipable Deity, which we see as stone or wood, He is still Krsna
- As Krsna's avatara is there, here is also another avatara, arca-vigraha
- At the present moment I see two Brahmans. One Brahman is Lord Jagannatha, who does not move, and the other Brahman, who is moving, is You. Lord Jagannatha is the arca-vigraha, the worshipable Deity, and it is He who is the nonmoving Brahman
- Even though we are not free from sins, the Lord is kind enough to allow us the facility of seeing Him in His arca-murtis in the temple. The Lord is all-powerful, and therefore He is able to accept our service by presentation of His arca form
- Even though we cannot see God with our present eyes, but God is so merciful that He becomes present before us in a manner by which we can see Him. That is this vigraha, arca-vigraha
- If one puts letters in postboxes authorized by the general post office, the function of carrying letters is performed without a doubt. Similarly, the arca-murti can also deliver the same unlimited potency of the Lord as when He is personally present
- In spite of their material touch, such forms of the Lord as the virat and arca are all nondifferent from His eternal form as Lord Krsna
- In the Anandaranya, He (Krsna) is known as Vasudeva, Padmanabha and Janardana; at Visnukanci, He is known as Visnu; and at Mayapura, He is known as Hari. There are millions and billions of su forms of the Lord distributed all over the universe
- In the lower status of bhakti means that arca-vigraha, anyone, any person, he does not clearly understand what is God, but by the instruction of the spiritual master one is engaged in the service of the Lord
- In this life we should always fix our mind on the lotus feet of Krsna, who is present in His arca-vigraha, the incarnation of the Deity in the temple. We should also always engage in His worship
- Krsna is ready to talk with you. He has come. He has descended in arca-murti to talk with you, to be visible by you. Now you make yourself ready and fit to talk with you; then He will exchange conversation. This is possible. This is a qualification
- Krsna, although He is very virat, universal form, but Krsna has accepted arca-vigraha so that you can serve, you can see, you can touch, and your life becomes successful
- Neophytes are given the facility to offer their respectful obeisances and sacrifices in the form of arca. Through such facilities the neophytes gradually invoke their original Krsna consciousness
- No one, should think the arca in the temple to be an idol. Such an arca-murti is God Himself, and to the proportion to which one is free from sins, he is able to know the significance of the arca-murti. The guidance of pure devotees is therefore required
- Nor is the arca form fashioned according to the whims of the worshiper. This form is eternally existent with all paraphernalia. This can be actually felt by a sincere devotee, but not by an atheist
- So in family life, if we introduce this arca-vigraha-seva... Every family can keep Radha-Krsna vigraha, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's photo vigraha
- Some of the arca representations of the Lord situated in different places of pilgrimage are mentioned herewith. The Lord is present at Mathura (the birthplace of Lord Krsna) as Adi-kesava
- Sri Sri Radha-Madan Mohan have kindly descended in Their arca vigraha form now you must receive Them with that consciousness. And by serving Them you will all develop pure love of Krsna
- Sri-vigraha is the arca, or suitable worshipable form of the Lord, and the disciple should be engaged in worshiping the Deity regularly by srngara, by proper decoration and dressing, as also by mandira-marjana, the matter of cleansing the temple
- The arca-vigraha is an all-spiritual form of the Lord to be perceived by the material devotees; such an arca-vigraha of the Lord is never to be considered material
- The conversation between Lord Sri Krsna and the brahmana is proof that the Lord in His arca-murti, or form made of material elements, is not material, for those elements, although separated from the Lord, are also a part of the Lord’s energy
- The Deity in the temple is the arca incarnation of the Personality of Godhead, and thus the Deity is identical with the Lord in all respects
- The sastras warn, arcye visnau sila-dhih . . . naraki sah: one should never think of the arca-murti, the Deity within the temple, as stone, wood or any other material element
- There is no difference between the potencies of the arca and those of the personal forms of the Lord
- These arca forms of the Lord may be considered idols by the atheists, but that does not matter for persons like Vidura or His many other servants. The forms of the Lord are mentioned here (SB 3.1.18) as ananta-linga
- These forms are (of God) called arca-murtis, or forms of the Lord which can be easily appreciated by the common man. The Lord is transcendental to our mundane senses. He cannot be seen with our present eyes, nor can He be heard with our present ears
- This arca-murti, sri-vigraha, aradhanam, you should worship. This is the acarya-pantha. This is the parampara. So this worship is going on under this parampara system. It is not manufactured. What the acarya says, if you follow, then you become perfect
- Those who are engaged in worshiping the form or arca of the Lord, or who are engaged in meditation on the Lord simply for liberation from material bondage, also know, by the grace of the Lord, the purports of Brahman, adhibhuta, etc.
- Thus it is the duty of every sincere devotee to accept the arca-vigraha at home or in the temple and worship the form of the Lord as advised in authorized scriptures and directed by the spiritual master