Questions asked to SP... 1967
- Here we place the questions that were asked to Prabhupada as page titles and the answers he gives are inside the pages as headings written in the colour green.
Pages in category "Questions asked to SP... 1967"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- Am I my brother's keeper? Am I, am I responsible for my brother's actions?
- And these asexual people...?
- And what was his (Prakasananda Sarasvati's) role again in the town? What was he... He was a Vedantist?
- Anxious to learn from the spiritual master?
- Anything else in the second scene, fourth act (of a play about Lord Caitanya)?
- Are there any of the characters listed up here among the brahmanas who complained (to the magistrate)?
- Are we more conditioned than the people in the Satya-yuga?
- Are we supposed to chant twenty-four hours?
- Can you ever lose your identity? Can I ever forget myself?
- Could they (liberated souls) ever misuse it (their independence) ?
- Could you give me a brief rundown on their...? Are they devotee, they're devotees... (Srinivasa and Haridasa. Haridasa character is there?)
- Could you tell about Lord Caitanya asking where is Krsna and falling in the water?
- Did He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) have a spiritual master?
- Did Krsna create us to serve Him? And to enjoy us?
- Do different spirit souls have different activities, spiritual activities?
- Do you feel like going on? I don't think I'm going to write these now. I'm just going to use this tape. When I go over a scene I'll just play it back. It's too much to write
- Does any physical change take place in your body when you become Krsna conscious?
- Does belief in any scripture whatsoever, such as the Bible or Koran...? Does belief in any scripture lead to salvation?
- Does He (Lord Caitanya) meet any of these characters at the river?
- Does she (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mother) give Him her blessing finally?
- Has my soul ever been liberated? If I was once liberated...
- How could we make a poor choice if we were part and parcel of Krsna? How could we have chosen the material world?
- How does He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) accept sannyasi?
- How old is Caitanya now (second act of a play on Lord Caitanya) ?
- How old is He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) at this (when He visited the Jagannatha temple) point?
- How old is He here (in the sixth scene)? How old is Caitanya here? Maybe five, six?
- How old is this man (Prakasananda Sarasvati)?
- I believe you once said that once a conditioned soul becomes perfected and gets out of the material world and he goes to Krsnaloka, there's no possibility of falling back
- I don't think there's just one mantra, sir. I feel that the entire mantra would be Om. And so Hare Krsna Rama would be just one part of Om. Now, isn't that true?
- I have heard or read somewhere that Christ had studied in India. Is this true?
- If meditation without chanting was at one time successful, why is it now deficient?
- If someone who does not believe in scriptures, um, what is his duty, and...?
- If the brahma-jyotir is in the spiritual sky, how could we reach it in our mind? Is it in our mind also?
- If you become a servant of Krsna, will He provide a way for you to meet your physical needs?
- If you chant from the lips or if you chant just in your mind as you walk?
- Is Krsna made out of atoms like we are? When He comes down and takes the food?
- Is that a feeling of unity with the universe?
- Is there any other information about Haridasa (and after burial there was distribution of prasadam and kirtana. Haridasa Ṭhakura. So here you have to show some talks with Haridasa, how feelingly)?
- Is there anyone there? Any of these characters there? I'm trying to introduce these characters (Srinivasa and Haridasa)
- Is this the learned brahmana (so he asked his men to carry Him to his place and that will be the scene. Then after His departure His followers will come, and they will search in the temple that Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not there. Then one Gopinatha Acarya)?
- Isn't Om the total expression sound of nature?
- Isn't that a mental manifestation, like if you feel that someone's Krsna conscious? It's not a physical manifestation, right?
- Now how old is Rupa Goswami? Is he an old man?
- Now in the second scene He visits another temple. And is there going to be another narration about how the temple was founded? I don't think that's... I don't know. (laughs) Do you think that will be all right?
- Now is that all of the fourth scene (of a Lord Caitanya play)? Anything else in the fourth scene?
- Now Kali is depicted as a male. As male?
- Now the constables broke up a sankirtana carried on by Caitanya's friends. Any location here particular?
- Now the second scene here, this is when Caitanya on the seashore, this is when He would walk around saying, "Where is Krsna?" Is that right?
- Now the second scene. Is that the end of the first (scene of Lord Caitanya's play)?
- Now this third scene, meets Sanatana Gosvami, that's in Benares. And Sanatana is how old?
- Now we have the fourth scene. Does Advaita speak to anyone in the fourth scene or is that...?
- Now what direct relationship does this (the Ksira-cora-gopinatha story) have to Lord Caitanya?
- Regarding your inquiry about the individual soul present
- Regarding your inquiry about the valuable woodred you have secured
- Regarding your question about Lord Caitanya's thinking himself lower than the grass, it should be understood spiritually
- Regarding your question about the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi or Vrindaban...
- Regarding your question: how can the spirit soul fall down if it is eternal and changeless?
- Should a disciple go to his spiritual master directly to offer the respects at least three times, or offer them where he is?
- Since we don't yet understand the supreme law, because we are young and just new to this, how can we speak about it?
- So Advaita is old too, isn't he (Haridasa should be a old man)? And Nivas (Srinivas)
- Swamiji, as the ages progress, the population in the ages, are they more conditioned
- Swamiji, seeing as how sorrow and happiness are there by nature's law, wouldn't these be an impediment to our devotional service?
- Swamiji, so we can hear, but do we speak?
- That (Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the middle would dance and the four parties will chant Hare Krsna) only happened as long as He stayed there (Jagannatha Puri). Is that right?
- That's the third scene, the rasa dance. So Radharani appears in that?
- The fifth scene is renunciation of household life... This is at age...? This is considerably later then. This is about ten years later
- The friends of Caitanya. What are their names again?
- The modes don't exist in the spiritual world. Is that right?
- There seems to be also a stage of not thinking. Is that... When one is chanting, should they not think or should they think of Krsna?
- This is His determination to incarnate as Lord Caitanya?
- To answer your question regarding your names Balai, Lilasukha, Kancanbala, Indira and Ekayani...
- We should wait for sunrise to say our Gayatri?
- Well, if it (Lord Caitanya inquiring from Ramananda Raya) has to be rendered in the scene it's important. You want me to render the discussion?
- Well, is that (Lord Caitanya inquiring from Ramananda Raya) important? That's the scene about the meeting
- Well, when you're chanting it's (the false ego) dissolved, actually... Forget yourself?
- What are the activities of the soul when it unites with God?
- What can one do to rectify his offenses?... But if a person is not willing to do that, is there any way...
- What do you mean He wouldn't address him because He was a sannyasi (Ramananda Raya was coming in procession, Caitanya Mahaprabhu understood that he is Ramananda Raya. But because He was sannyasi, He did not address him)?
- What does this story (the story of the Gopala, Saksi) have to do with the temple? Lord Caitanya has entered this temple
- What is His (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) age? I just want to keep checking on this, His age now. Is He twenty, in His twenties still?
- What is the outcome of this (discussion of the Vedanta-sutra between Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Caitanya Mahaprabhu) now? Final outcome?
- What is the source of life?
- What is the story (about Gopala Saksi)? A short little story?
- What is this second scene? This is another temple
- What's the location again (in the sixth scene of a play on Lord Caitanya)?
- What's the purpose of deep sleep as one of the bases of our life?
- What's the relationship between Krsna and Radha? Radha is the energy of Krsna?
- When the souls that were never conditioned at all..., do they also have the independence?
- When you're actually Krsna conscious, do you just exist and know all and enjoy all, or do you have any activities at that time?
- When you're typing, should you think of Krsna first and your typing second?
- Who is Jagannatha Misra's wife again?
- Who is this (Prakasananda Sarasvati)?
- Who wrote the other Lord Caitanya? That other play?
- Why we cannot eat meat - to answer this question the straight reply is, "because Krishna does not eat meat''
- Why we cannot eat meat?
- You have asked me how many hours you should work?
- You have asked me to tell you whether you are right or carry one by the following the foolish advice of Kirtanananda...
- You mean I experience the seven months of being in a sleeping state?
- You mean they never were conditioned at any time or... You said there were millions of souls...?
- You mentioned about how like, if you meditate a lot and you really, well, you feel something, that you should do something...?
- You mentioned something about Caitanya dancing with Haridasa?
- You said that, one time, that brahma-jyotir is like the pure light, and it's filtered in the material world through the modes?