Please (Caitanya's Request)
Pages in category "Please (Caitanya's Request)"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total.
- According to this statement of the sastras, the glories of the holy name of Krsna are unlimited. Still I could not chant His holy name. Please hear the reason for this
- After he remained silent for some time, Lord Caitanya asked him, "My dear Bhattacarya, don't be confused by this explanation. Please take it from Me that the devotional service of the Supreme Lord is the highest perfectional stage of human understanding"
- Again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "Please say something. I want to hear." Understanding the situation, Ramananda Raya recited the following words of the gopis
- Although We are both the same, My mind is still attracted to Vrndavana-dhama. I wish that You will please again appear with Your lotus feet in Vrndavana
- At last the Lord respectfully submitted, "My dear Jagadananda, you have already made Me eat ten times more than I am used to. Now please stop"
- At the time of departure, the Lord requested all the devotees, "Please come here every year to see the Ratha-yatra festival of Lord Jagannatha's journey to the Gundica temple"
- Because you (Sanatana) asked Me (Caitanya) for a synopsis, please hear these few indications. In the beginning describe how one must take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master
- Before Ramananda Raya could even ask the Lord a question about the advancement of spiritual knowledge, the Lord Himself said, "Please quote some verses from scripture about the ultimate goal of human life"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I do not know very well the aim of life and how to achieve it. Please tell Me of the best ideal for humanity and how to attain it"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu says: "I have brought medicine to awaken every living being from perpetual sleep. Please receive the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and awaken"
- Caitanya said to Ramananda Raya, Please come to Jagannatha Puri, My headquarters, and we will remain together for the rest of our lives. Thus I can pass My remaining days in understanding Krsna and Radha by your association
- Candrasekhara replied, "There is a Muslim mendicant." Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately said, "Please bring him here." Candrasekhara then spoke to Sanatana Gosvami, who was still sitting beside the door
- From Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, there are eight additional pastime expansions. O Sanatana, please hear Me as I mention Their names
- Fused rice, sweetmeats and all other eatables are but transformations of dirt. This is dirt, that is dirt. Please consider. What is the difference between them?
- He (Vasudeva Datta) told the Lord (Caitanya): If You think that they (people on this earth) are so sinful that they cannot be delivered, please transfer all their sins unto me. I shall suffer for them. This is a Vaisnava's mercy
- He said, "My dear friends, please hear of Krsna's sweetness. Because of a great desire for that sweetness, My mind has given up all social and Vedic religious principles and taken to the profession of begging, exactly like a mystic yogi"
- Hearing this request, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear lord, please hear Me. It is better for you to stay here with all the Vaisnavas"
- Hearing up to the point of spontaneous love, the Lord said, "This is all right, but if you know more, please tell Me." In reply, Ramananda Raya said, "Spontaneous loving service in servitude - as exchanged by master, servant - is the highest perfection"
- His mother replied, "My dear son, I will give You whatever You ask." Then the Lord said, "My dear mother, please do not eat grains on the Ekadasi day"
- I am begging prasadam for a festival honoring the passing away of Haridasa Thakura, the Lord said. "Please give Me alms"
- I have already described the pastime and prakasa forms. Now please hear about the different personal expansions
- I have already explained nineteen different meanings. Now please hear further meanings. The word 'atma' also refers to the body, and this can be taken in four ways
- I have given a few examples of pastime incarnations. Now I will describe the guna-avataras, the incarnations of the material qualities. Please listen
- I have these seven gold coins with me. Please accept them, and from a religious point of view please get me across that hilly tract of land
- I have thus explained the ninth verse, and now I shall explain the tenth. Please listen with rapt attention
- I now beg all of you for one bit of charity. Please give Me permission to leave for a tour of South India
- I shall go to search out Visvarupa. Please forgive Me, but I want to go alone; I do not wish to take anyone with Me
- I shall go to Vrndavana through Bengal and see both My mother and the river Ganges. Now would you two be pleased to give Me permission
- If I did not disclose this fact, I would be guilty of ingratitude to the Lord. Therefore, my dear readers, please do not consider me too proud and be angry at me
- If someone wants to follow Me, please stop him. I don't want anyone to go with Me
- If you are still very eager for the King to meet with Me, please first bring his son to meet Me
- If you want My happiness, please return to Nilacala. You will simply condemn Me if you say any more about this matter
- In great ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Svarupa Damodara in a faltering voice, "My ears are dying of thirst. Please recite something to quench this thirst. Let Me hear it"
- Jagadananda Pandita therefore gave Sanatana Gosvami the message from the Lord, "I am also coming to Vrndavana; please arrange a place for Me to stay"
- Jiv Jago, 1969 - Jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole. Jiv means the living entities. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is asking all living entities to "Wake up. Please wake up. Please get up." Jago. Jago means "Wake up"
- Lord Caitanya chanted: "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krsna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "This is certainly the limit of perfection, but please be merciful to Me and speak more if there is more"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu says to Ramananda Raya, eho haya, age kaha ara: This (CC Madhya 8.67) is the process accepted in devotional service, but there is something more than this. Therefore please explain what is beyond
- Lord Caitanya said to Ramananda Raya: I have come to you upon the recommendation of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. Please, then, do not hesitate to relate to Me all the confidential affairs between Radha and Krsna
- Lord Caitanya said to the doorman, "You are My friend. Please show Me where the Lord of My heart is." After the Lord said this, they both went to the place known as Jagamohana, where everyone views Lord Jagannatha
- Lord Caitanya told Ramananda: From a materialistic point of view, a devotee becomes mad in his ecstasy of love for Krsna. Both you and I are just like madmen. So please don't disclose these facts to ordinary men. If you do, they will surely laugh at Me
- Lord Caitanya told Ramananda: I request that you please keep this a secret and do not disclose it to anyone. If it were revealed, everyone would consider Me a madman
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You have a deep love for Krsna, and one who has such deep ecstatic love for the Lord naturally sees things in such a way. Please take this from Me to be certain"
- My dear devotees, please hear from me, for I insist again and again: please keep faith in these three and render service to them without hesitation
- My dear friend, please tell Me what I should do. Krsna is as attractive as a wonderful cloud, and My eyes are just like cataka birds, which are dying of thirst because they do not see such a cloud
- My dear friend, please tell Me what to do. My ears have been plundered by the qualities of Krsna's sound. Now, however, I cannot hear His transcendental sound, and I am almost dead for want of it
- My dear friends, you are all My intimate friends. Now I am begging a favor of you. Please give it to Me
- My dear maternal uncle, I wish to ask you another question. Please tell Me the truth. Do not try to cheat Me with tricks
- My dear Sakara Mallika, from this day your names will be changed to Srila Rupa and Srila Sanatana. Now please abandon your humility, for My heart is breaking to see you so humble
- My dear Sanatana, please do not think that Jagadananda is more dear to Me than you. However, I cannot tolerate transgressions of the standard etiquette
- My dear Sanatana, please now hear about the regulative principles for the execution of devotional service. By this process, one can attain the highest perfection of love of Godhead, which is the most desirable treasure
- My dear Svarupa,He said, I entrust this Raghunatha dasa to you. Please accept him as your son or servant
- My mind is already Vrndavana, and since You like Vrndavana, will You please place Your lotus feet there? I would deem that Your full mercy
- Narottama dasa Thakura states: My dear Lord Caitanya, please have mercy upon me. There is no one who is as merciful as You. My plea is most urgent because Your mission is to deliver fallen souls, and no one is more fallen than I. I beg priority
- Now please hear from Me about the process of devotional service, which is applicable in any country, for any person, at all times and in all circumstances
- O My Lord, O Krsna, son of Maharaja Nanda, I am Your eternal servant, but because of My own fruitive acts I have fallen into this horrible ocean of nescience. Now please be causelessly merciful to Me. Consider Me a particle of dust at Your lotus feet
- O Sanatana, I have definitively described the three purusa-avataras of Visnu. Now please hear from Me about the pastime incarnations
- O Sanatana, please hear about the eternal form of Lord Krsna. He is the Absolute Truth, devoid of duality but present in Vrndavana as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- O son of Maharaja Nanda, I am Your eternal servitor, & although I am so, somehow or other I have fallen in the ocean of birth & death. Please, therefore, pick me up from this ocean of death & fix me as 1 of the atoms at Your lotus feet - Caitanya prayed
- O son of Nanda Maharaja, I am Your eternal servant, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms of Your lotus feet
- Offer My mother millions of My obeisances. Please speak to her about My happiness here and thus give her happiness
- Or is Srila Raghunandana your father and you are his son? Please let Me know the facts so that My doubts will go away
- Please give Me permission to go to Alalanatha. I shall remain there alone, only Govinda will go with Me
- Please give Me your permission with great pleasure and do not be unhappy. If you are happy, I shall be happy on My way to Vrndavana
- Please give that room to Me, for I have a need for it. Indeed, I shall remember the lotus feet of the Lord sitting in that solitary place
- Please go back home, and tomorrow we may meet again so that I may hear discourses on the sastras from your mouth
- Please hear the meaning of the word 'ittham-bhuta-guna,' which is found in the atmarama verse. 'Ittham-bhuta' has different meanings, and 'guna' has other meanings
- Please inform Sivananda Sena that in the month of Pausa (December-January) I shall certainly go to his home
- Please permit Me to go, for I must tour South India. With your permission, I shall soon return very happily
- Please take care of Vasudeva Datta’s family affairs. Become his manager and make the proper adjustments
- Sanatana Gosvami then told the Bengali mendicant, "My dear brother, please do me a favor. Trade me your quilt for this woolen blanket"
- Seeing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear sir, please tell Me why you have not cooked. It is already noon"
- Sir, you are directly Narayana. Therefore please be merciful unto Me. Deliver Me from this material bondage
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, please hear from Me. Krsna is very merciful, and He is the deliverer of all fallen souls"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Please do not try to cheat Me, thinking of Me as a learned sannyasi. Please satisfy My mind by just describing the truth of Radha and Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately told Gopinatha Acarya, "Please go with the Vaisnavas and accommodate them in whatever residences Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent offer"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Please do not think this way any longer. You are a learned pandita. Why don't you consider the case"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I feel shameful to disclose the activities of My heart. Nonetheless, I shall be done with all formalities and speak from the heart. Please hear"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please listen to Me. It is not possible to describe devotional service completely; therefore I am just trying to give you a synopsis of the symptoms of devotional service"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please get up. You have chanted the holy name of Krsna; therefore the sinful reactions you have accrued for many millions of lives are now gone. You are now pure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please pacify all the devotees and My mother. If You become agitated, no one will be able to continue to exist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please stay with Me and thus show Me favor, accepting the shelter of Jagannatha Puri"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please tell me of the varieties of egoistic pride manifested in Vrndavana." Svarupa Damodara replied, "The pride of the gopis is like a river flowing with hundreds of tributaries"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "There is a devotee at your door. Please call him in." Going outside, Candrasekhara could not see a Vaisnava at his door
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "This is all right, but please continue." At that time Raya Ramananda replied, "I don't think my intelligence goes beyond this"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Svarupa Damodara, "Please speak of the ecstatic ornaments decorating the body of Srimati Radharani, by which She enchants the mind of Sri Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then informed all His devotees, "Please hear about Mukunda's love of Godhead. It is a very deep and pure love and can only be compared to purified gold"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said to Haridasa Thakura, "My dear Haridasa, please hear Me. This gentleman wants to destroy another's property"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "Please sing a song that will bring consciousness to My heart"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told him, "Please return to Jagannatha Puri, for I will return there very soon from Ramesvara (Setubandha)"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Nityananda Prabhu, "Please hear Me, O holy man: I now request something of You. Kindly grant My request"
- Suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness and said to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "My dear Svarupa, please sing some sweet songs"
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- That holy name of Lord Krsna sometimes causes Me to chant and dance, and therefore I chant and dance. Please do not think that I intentionally do it. I do it automatically
- The goal of life cannot be achieved unless one practices the process. Now, being merciful upon Me, please explain that means by which this goal can be attained
- The Lord asked him, "Where is Krsna, My life and soul? Please show Me Krsna." Saying this, He caught the doorkeeper's hand
- The Lord concluded, "Now, therefore, please reduce the fixed number of times you chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra." Haridasa Thakura replied, "Kindly hear my real plea"
- The Lord replied to Haridasa Thakura, "Please check your humility. Just the sight of your humility very much agitates My mind"
- The Lord replied, "My dear Srinivasa, please stop joking. You have all combined together to humiliate Me in this way"
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The Lord said, "Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth, please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate
- The Lord then continued, "My dear Venkata Bhatta, please do not continue doubting. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and this is the conclusion of the Vedic literatures"
- The Lord then requested Ramananda Raya, "Keep all these talks a secret. Please do not expose them anywhere and everywhere. Since My activities appear to be like those of a madman, people may take them lightly and laugh"
- The Lord would say, "You have done well. Please teach this to others so that they may act in the same way"
- The poet said, "All right, let me see what good qualities and faults You have found." The Lord replied, "Let Me speak, and please hear Me without becoming angry
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please recite that verse from your drama which, upon being heard, makes all people’s unhappiness and lamentation go away"
- These are the symptoms of a person who has developed attraction (bhava) for Krsna. Now let Me (Caitanya) describe the symptoms of a person who is actually elevated to love of Krsna. O Sanatana, please hear this from Me
- This body is a transformation of dirt, and the eatables are also a transformation of dirt. Please reflect upon this. You are blaming Me without consideration. What can I say?
- This is also external," Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. "Please proceed and speak further on this matter." Ramananda Raya replied, "To give up one's occupational duties in the varnasrama system is the essence of perfection"
- This is one's eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Now please hear about the execution of devotional service. This principle pervades each and every verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- This is only a general description. Please try to understand another meaning of tryadhisa. The three purusa incarnations of Visnu are the original cause of the material creation
- This is the middle meaning. Now please hear the confidential meaning. Lord Krsna has three places of residence, which are well known from the revealed scriptures
- This time I (Caitanya) must go (to Vrndavana). Will you (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya) please give Me permission? Save for you two, I have no other resort
- Three days later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the door of his room and said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, please get up"
- Thus I have explained specifically empowered incarnations. Now please hear about the characteristics of Lord Krsna's childhood, boyhood and youth
- When Lord Caitanya heard Ramananda Raya speak of the loving affairs between Krsna and Radharani, He said, "Please go further. Go on and on"
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu had thus regained external consciousness, He asked Lord Nityananda Prabhu, "Please return My staff." Nityananda Prabhu then replied, "It has been broken into three parts"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed by the people, He would raise His arms and say, "Please chant Krsna! Please chant Hari!" All the people received Him by chanting Hare Krsna, and they offered their respects to Him by this chanting
- Where shall I go? Where can I find You? Please tell Me. I shall go there. Speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began running
- While Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya personally distributed the prasadam, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested him, "Please give Me only boiled vegetables"