Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Asking"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- Accepting their invitation, the Lord asked them to bring all the prasadam there so that He could eat it with His devotees
- After asking Govinda to put aside the quilt and pillow, the Lord lay down on the dry plantain bark
- After finishing His lunch there, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the brahmana, "My dear friend, kindly tell Me what your position is now"
- After talking with all the devotees for some time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them to occupy the individual residences in which they had lived the previous year
- After this incident, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very satisfied. He then asked all of the devotees to sit down in two lines on both sides
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called Candrasekhara and asked him to take Sanatana Gosvami with him. He also asked him to take away Sanatana's present dress
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat them down by His side and asked them, "What news do you have of Sanatana"
- After thus instructing the devotees, the Lord asked their permission to go to Jagannatha Puri. He assured them that at intervals He would come there and meet them again and again
- After washing His feet, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down for lunch. He asked Tapana Misra to supply Sanatana Gosvami lunch also
- Again and again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the boy to chant the name of Krsna, but the boy would not utter the holy name
- At this time, Gopinatha Acarya went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked him about the events taking place in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house
- Having been asked by Caitanya Mahaprabhu why the goddess of fortune could not enter into the rasa dance whereas the authorities on Vedic knowledge could, Venkata Bhatta replied, "I cannot enter into the mysteries of this behavior"
- Having shown the verse to Svarupa Damodara with great wonder, Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him how Rupa Gosvami could understand the intentions of His mind
- He again asked Ramananda Raya to speak further, and Ramananda Raya replied, "Pure devotional service without any touch of speculative knowledge is the essence of perfection"
- He asked, "Why have you brought Me here?" Then Svarupa Damodara answered Him
- His mother replied, "My dear son, I will give You whatever You ask." Then the Lord said, "My dear mother, please do not eat grains on the Ekadasi day"
- If Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asks you about the path to Vrndavana, please show Him the path on the bank of the Ganges instead
- In an instant, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained external consciousness & saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, "Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility"
- In ecstasy the Lord asked Srivasa Thakura to deliver His flute, but Srivasa Thakura replied, "Your flute has been stolen away by the gopis"
- In His (Caitanya) boyhood He would ask His contemporary friends to argue with Him on a subject matter, and He'll defeat him. And again He'll establish it. The very point on which He defeated His friend, He'll again establish it, and again nullify it
- Lord Caitanya asked Jagadisa to go to Jagannatha Puri to preach the hari-nama-sankirtana movement
- Lord Caitanya asked the youngest son's name, and Sivananda Sena informed the Lord that his name was Paramananda dasa
- Lord Caitanya said to Rupa Gosvami: "Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Nityananda Prabhu to judge whether there was anyone within the world as fortunate as Madhavendra Puri
- Raghupati Upadhyaya was very pleased to hear the Lord's blessings. The Lord then asked him to describe Krsna
- Raising His arms, the Lord asked everyone to chant loudly the vibration of the holy name of Lord Hari. There immediately arose a great stir, and the vibration of "Hari!" filled all directions
- Seeing Brahmananda Bharati wearing the deerskin, Caitanya Mahaprabhu pretended not to see him. Instead, He asked Mukunda Datta, "Where is Brahmananda Bharati, My spiritual master"
- Similarly, after seeing Lord Jagannatha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu awoke with the ecstasy of the gopis. Being absorbed in this ecstasy, He asked Svarupa Damodara to sing the refrain
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also asked them to execute the congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord at their homes, and He assured them that they would be able to meet Him again
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Krsnadasa, "Who are you? Where is your home?" Krsnadasa replied, "I am a most fallen householder"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya which form was the best of Lord Krsna's millions of forms, and he immediately replied that the supreme form was the Syamasundara form. In that form, Krsna stands curved in three places and holds His flute
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya, "According to your decision, who is the foremost being?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "Lord Syamasundara is the supreme form"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the Bhattacarya to bless Him while he engaged in the devotional service of Lord Krsna at home, so that by Sarvabhauma's mercy the Lord could return to Jagannatha Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the brahmana, "My dear sir, why are you in such ecstatic love? Which portion of the Bhagavad-gita gives you such transcendental pleasure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the local people, "Where is Radha-kunda?" No one could inform Him, and the brahmana accompanying Him did not know either
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the questions, and Sri Ramananda Raya gave the answers. In this way they were engaged in discussion throughout the night
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Among all worshipable objects, which is the chief?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The chief worshipable object is the holy name of Radha and Krsna, the Hare Krsna mantra"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Are there any deities on top of this hill?" The local people replied, "There are deities on this hill, but they are located within a cave"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of all kinds of distress, what is the most painful?" Sri Ramananda Raya replied, "Apart from separation from the devotee of Krsna, I know of no unbearable unhappiness"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of the many capitalists who possess great riches, who is the topmost?" Ramananda Raya replied, "He who is richest in love for Radha and Krsna is the greatest capitalist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of the three ages of Krsna known as childhood, boyhood and fresh youth, which do you consider best?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "Fresh youth is the best age"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Out of all topics people listen to, which is best for all living entities?" Ramananda Raya replied, "Hearing about the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna is most pleasing to the ear"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "What should all living entities constantly remember?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The chief objects of remembrance are always the Lord's holy name, qualities and pastimes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Where should the living entity live, abandoning all other places?" Ramananda Raya replied, "He should live in the holy place known as Vrndavana or Vrajabhumi, where the Lord performed His rasa dance"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu next asked Ramananda Raya, "Have you already visited the temple of the lotus-eyed Lord Jagannatha?" Ramananda Raya replied, "I shall now go visit the temple"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Ramananda Raya, "Out of all glorious activities, which is the most glorious?" Ramananda Raya replied, "That person who is reputed to be a devotee of Lord Krsna enjoys the utmost fame and glory"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Sanatana Gosvami, "How were you released from prison?" Sanatana then described the story from beginning to end
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Svarupa Damodara, "Please speak of the ecstatic ornaments decorating the body of Srimati Radharani, by which She enchants the mind of Sri Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Rupa Gosvami and asked him to offer prayers at the lotus feet of all the devotees present
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then glanced with mercy at the Muslim governor. Giving him assurance, He asked him to chant the holy names "Krsna" and "Hari"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought that all three servings were meant for distribution; therefore He asked for another two banana leaves, saying, "Let Us have a very little quantity of vegetable and rice"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was in ecstasy, and He asked where Nityananda Prabhu was going. Nityananda replied that He was going with Him toward Vrndavana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very much astonished to find Himself in front of the Simha-dvara. He asked Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "Where am I? What am I doing here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy was aroused because of the King's previous service. Therefore, without even asking who he was, the Lord immediately bestowed His mercy upon him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci, next asked Mukunda dasa, "You are the father, and your son is Raghunandana. Is that so"
- Still in His ecstasy, the Lord asked Advaita Acarya, "Why did You come here? How did You know that I was in Vrndavana"
- Taking a humble position, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Because I am not on your level, I have asked you to teach Me by explaining the faults and good qualities in your poetry
- Tapana Misra desired to live with the Lord in Navadvipa, but the Lord asked him to go to Varanasi (Benares)
- Tapana Misra then extended an invitation to Sanatana, and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Sanatana to go get a shave
- The fruits ripened and became sweet and nectarean. The gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, distributed them without asking any price
- The Lord (Caitanya) with great respect extended an invitation to all the inhabitants of Kulina-grama, asking them to come every year and bring silken rope to carry Lord Jagannatha during the Ratha-yatra festival
- The Lord asked Govinda to arrange for Raghunatha Bhatta's accommodations and then introduced him to all the devotees, headed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- The Lord asked Sanatana Gosvami to offer obeisances to all the devotees in a way that befitted each one. Thus He introduced Sanatana Gosvami to them all, just to make him an object of their mercy
- The Lord asked the Kazi to go back home. Then the son of mother Saci came back to His own home, dancing and dancing
- The Lord asked, "How did you enter the room? Why didn't you go out to take your lunch in the same way"
- The Lord asked, "Why has Raghunatha dasa stopped inviting Me?" Svarupa Damodara replied, He must have reconsidered something in his mind
- The Lord asked, 'How could Rupa Gosvami have understood My heart?'. Svarupa Damodara replied, I can understand that You have already bestowed Your causeless mercy upon him
- The Lord said, "My dear uncle, I have come to your home just to ask you some questions." "Yes," the Kazi replied, "You are welcome. Just tell me what is in Your mind"
- The Lord stood up and asked Ramananda Raya to arise and chant the holy name of Krsna. Indeed, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very eager to embrace him
- The Lord was loudly chanting the holy name of Hari. Dancing in ecstatic love and raising His arms, He asked everyone to chant "Hari! Hari"
- The next morning some respectable gentlemen came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked them, "Have you seen Krsna"
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Out of all auspicious and beneficial activities, which is best for the living entity?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The only auspicious activity is association with the devotees of Krsna"
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took prasadam with all of them and then asked them to return to their dwellings and take rest
- Thereafter the Lord again and again asked him, "Speak on! Speak on!" Thus Srivasa again and again described the pastimes of Vrndavana, vividly expanding them
- Thereafter, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called for all the devotees and asked them to return to Bengal. In this way, He bade farewell to them
- Upon reaching their community, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the Bhattatharis, "Why are you keeping My brahmana assistant"
- Upon seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the two brothers were overwhelmed with joy, and out of humility they began to cry. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them to get up and assured them of all good fortune
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the people offered respects at His lotus feet. The Lord then asked them, "Where are you all coming from"
- When Candrasekhara informed the Lord that no Vaisnava was at his door, the Lord asked him, "Is there anyone at all at your door"
- When he offered his obeisances to the Lord, he said, "I am the same Paramesvara." Upon seeing him, the Lord asked him questions with great affection
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him to explain the meaning of this verse, the champion, very much astonished, inquired from Him as follows
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu had thus regained external consciousness, He asked Lord Nityananda Prabhu, "Please return My staff." Nityananda Prabhu then replied, "It has been broken into three parts"
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a student, He asked whomever He met to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. In this way He inundated the whole town of Navadvipa with the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When Sanatana Gosvami returned, the Lord asked, "Where is your woolen blanket?" Sanatana Gosvami then narrated the whole story to the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His party arrived at Yajapura, the Lord asked the two government officers who had come with Him to return
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Gadadhara Pandita to remain at Jagannatha Puri and engage in Gopinatha's service, Gadadhara Pandita replied, "One renders service to Gopinatha a million times simply by seeing Your lotus feet"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked who had begged the rice and brought it back, Bhagavan Acarya mentioned the name of Junior Haridasa
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Among all the mellows, which do you consider best?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "The mellow of conjugal love is supermost."
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence after visiting the temple of Jagannatha, He asked for a large quantity of Lord Jagannatha's prasadam, which He then distributed among His devotees so that they could eat sumptuously
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Govinda sitting by His side, He was somewhat angry. "Why have you been sitting here for so long today?" the Lord asked
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started for Mathura, all three devotees started to go with Him. But the Lord forbade them to accompany Him, and from a distance He asked them to return home
- When the Lord asked about all the Vaisnavas at Mathura, Sanatana Gosvami informed Him of their good health and fortune
- When the Lord asked Nityananda Prabhu how far it was to Vrndavana, Nityananda replied, "Just see! Here is the river Yamuna"
- When the poetic champion was thus defeated, all the Lord's disciples sitting there began to laugh loudly. But Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them not to do so, and He addressed the poet as follows
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was picking up the straws and grains of sand, He said, "I shall gather everyone's collection, and I shall ask whoever has collected less than all the others to pay a fine of sweet cakes and sweet rice"
- While the brahmana was fasting, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him, "Why are you fasting? Why are you so unhappy? Why are you so worried"
- While Vallabha Bhattacarya was massaging Him, the Lord asked him to go take prasadam. After taking prasadam, he returned to the lotus feet of the Lord
- Why didn't you go to take your meal after I fell asleep? the Lord asked
- Within a very short time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate enough for a hundred people. Then He asked Govinda, "Is there anything more left"