This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Purusottama"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- After this, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, sitting at the right hand of the Lord, began to introduce all the inhabitants of Purusottama, Jagannatha Puri
- All his (Sri Purusottama Yati's) writings and words are very potent. He gave people devotional service to Lord Visnu so they could be elevated to liberation in the spiritual world
- Arjuna saw that the bodily color of Purusottama, Maha-Visnu, was as dark as a new cloud in the rainy season
- As long as King Prataparudra stayed in Purusottama, he performed one regular duty
- As there is gradual realization of the transcendence from impersonal Brahman to localized Paramatma to the Personality of Godhead, Purusottama, Lord Krsna, similarly there is gradual promotion of one's situation in the spiritual life of sannyasa
- At this time, Maharaja Prataparudra arrived at Jagannatha Puri, Purusottama, and, accompanied by his secretaries, ministers and military officers, went to visit the temple of Lord Jagannatha
- Having attained the body of a demigod, King Nrga, continuing to remember everything, said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supreme Lord & are worshiped by all the demigods. You are not one of the ordinary living entities; You are the SP, Purusottama"
- He (Lord Maha-Visnu) appeared all-pervading and very powerful, and Arjuna could understand that the Supreme Personality of Godhead in that form is known as Purusottama
- He (Sri Purusottama Yati) initiated Ananda Tirtha and converted many foolish men to accept sannyasa and punished them with his rod
- He is described as isvara because He can do whatever He likes. He is the supreme controller. The supreme isvara purusottama is Lord Krsna
- He sneered at Purusottama Jana. Therefore the prince tried to scare him as a punishment
- His (Purusottama Yati's) preaching was accepted throughout the world with great respect, and by his power he liberated many nondevotees with strong reason and logic
- His (Sri Purusottama Yati's) instructions in devotional service were able to elevate any man to the lotus feet of the Lord. Narahari Tirtha was also initiated by him and became the ruler of Kalinga Province
- If one goes about two or two and a half miles from the Jhikaragacha-ghata station, he can see Bodhakhana, the headquarters of Kanu Thakura. The son of Sadasiva was Purusottama Thakura, and his son was Kanu Thakura
- In Mathura, India, the Kesava murti is worshiped, and similarly there is a Purusottama form in Jagannatha Puri in Orissa
- In that hard struggle for existence, they deny the existence of the supreme authority, Purusottama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In the Brahma Purana it is said, "The transcendental significance of Purusottama-ksetra, which is the 80-square-mile field of Lord Jagannatha, cannot be properly described"
- Kapiladeva said: "These are the characteristics of transcendental loving service to Purusottama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead: it is causeless, and it cannot be obstructed in any way"
- Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, indicated as the son of Maharaja Nanda, has two names. One is svayam bhagavan, and the other is lila-purusottama
- Lord Kesava eternally resides at Mathura, and Lord Purusottama, known by the name Jagannatha, eternally resides at Nilacala
- Lord Purusottama holds the disc, lotus, conch and club. Lord Acyuta holds the club, lotus, disc and conch
- Lord Sri Krsna, being the origin of all visnu-tattvas, is addressed here as parah puman, or Purusottama, as described in the Bhagavad-gita. He is the complete whole. The purusavataras are therefore His plenary expansions
- Sannyasis with the titles Tirtha and Asrama generally stay at Dvaraka, and their brahmacari name is Svarupa. Those known by the names Vana and Aranya stay at Purusottama, or Jagannatha Puri, and their brahmacari name is Prakasa
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, you should engage in the worship of Lord Jagannatha Purusottama, and Vacaspati should worship mother Ganges
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the Visnu temples of Anantadeva, Purusottama, Sri Janardana, Padmanabha and Vasudeva
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura explains those inscriptions (written by Sri Narahari Tirtha) as follows: (1) Sri Purusottama Yati appeared as the instructor of many learned men. He was a very favorite devotee of Lord Visnu
- Srivatsa Pandita, Haridasa Brahmacari, Purusottama Brahmacari and Krsnadasa were the twenty-fifth, twenty-sixth, twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth branches of Advaita Acarya
- The descendants of Kanu Thakura know him as Nagara Purusottama. He was the cowherd boy named Dama during krsna-lila. It is said that just after the birth of Kanu Thakura, his mother, Jahnava, died.
- The disciplic succession from Brahma is called the Brahma-sampradaya, and it descends as follows: Vidyanidhi, Rajendra, Jayadharma, Purusottama, Brahmanyatirtha, Vyasatirtha, Laksmipati, Madhavendra Puri, Isvara Puri
- The four forms (Vasudeva, etc.), the twelve (Kesava, etc.), and the eight (Purusottama, etc.) all together constitute twenty-four forms. The forms are differently named in accordance with the placement of the weapons They hold in Their four hands
- The Lord wore a golden belt on His waist, bracelets on His arms, rings on His fingers, and ankle bells on His feet. Lord Hari, who is attractive to all the living entities of the three worlds, is known as Purusottama, the best personality
- The sixty-eighth branch of the original tree was Purusottama, the sixty-ninth was Sri Galima, the seventieth was Jagannatha dasa, the seventy-first was Sri Candrasekhara Vaidya, and the seventy-second was Dvija Haridasa
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead did not appear as an ordinary human being. He appeared before King Nabhi and his associates as the best of all personalities - Purusottama
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is known as Purusottama, or the best of all living entities. He is a person like all other living entities, but He is the leader or the best of all living beings. That is stated in the Vedas also
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna is described in the Bhagavad-gita as purusottama, or Supreme Personality. It is He only who can award liberation to the impersonalists by absorbing such aspirants in the brahmajyoti, the bodily rays of the Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known as Purusottama, the greatest of all persons, has a pure mind
- The supreme truth has been ascertained in the previous verse (SB 2.6.22) as purusa or the purusottama, the Supreme person
- The thirty-third and thirty-fourth branches were the two students of Caitanya Mahaprabhu named Purusottama and Sanjaya, who were stalwart students in grammar. They were very great personalities
- The twenty-four forms are (16) Damodara, (17) Purusottama, (18) Acyuta, (19) Nrsimha, (20) Janardana, (21) Hari, (22) Krsna, (23) Adhoksaja and (24) Upendra
- Their (worshiped murti form's) names are Kesava at Mathura, Purusottama or Jagannatha at Nilacala, Sri Bindu Madhava at Prayaga, Madhusudana at Mandara, and Vasudeva, Padmanabha and Janardana at Anandaranya, which is situated in Kerala, South India
- There are many other forms of the Lord with varied situations of the symbols of lotus, conchshell, etc. and they are differently known as 1) Purusottama, Acyuta, Narasimha, Trivikrama, Hrsikesa, Kesava, Madhava, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Sankarsana, Sridhara
- There was a beating of kettledrums in the heavenly planets, the inhabitants of Gandharvaloka began to dance and sing, while great sages and the inhabitants of Caranaloka and Siddhaloka offered prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Purusottama
- Thus all the residents of Jagannatha Puri, which is also known as Purusottama, became anxious to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love was awakened by hearing the songs of Vrndavana. In this way He inundated Purusottama, Jagannatha Puri, with love of Godhead