Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Health, Disease, Healing
Pages in category "Questions On... Health, Disease, Healing"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total.
- And in the way of hospitals (to serve the poor people in the way of welfare)?
- Are blood transfusions permissible, Swami?
- Are persons who are trying to cut down appetite, they should eat cool foods?
- Are you against medical help? I mean, you want just to let Krsna do His way and not let the doctors help at all?
- As for the question about menstrual cycle...
- At the moment of pregnancy (as soon as one girl is pregnant, she should be separated)? From the moment of pregnancy one and a half years?
- Bacteriology, study of germs. So Srila Prabhupada, the reason one person gets a disease from a germ and another person doesn't get a disease, it is karma?
- But how do we reconcile the fact that our doctors tell us we should eat meat because of the protein?
- But what of our efforts to conquer cancer and tuberculosis (no, we do not say that we are making progress like you. We are trying to make spiritual progress. We are servant of God. We never say that we are very big men)?
- But why is there no disease here? Why is there no symptoms (they argue that this Vedic philosophy is coming from India, and in India there is so much disease and so many problems, but here, where we have our science, there is no disease)?
- Devotees, do we get sick because of our bad actions in the past?
- Did anyone tell you that, or you just know it from before (these kind of symptoms are seen when a man is poisoned. He said like that, not that I am poisoned)?
- Do the rays of the sun actually take away our life?
- Do they know the cause of cancer?
- Do you attribute accidents and disease to a desire for self-destruction?
- Do you feel diseases and sickness? Is this a result of your past karma?
- Do you have arrangements with hospitals in case somebody gets sick, and do you watch diet carefully and...?
- Do you mean that healing is an illusion? Because healing is a fact (better, that is everyone is trying, that is... But there is no cure. If you think that temporary cure is better, that's nice, but there is no cure)
- Do you mean that nobody could be cured (you stop his death or you stop his birth, stop his disease. So point is when I say you cannot heal, that's a fact. That's a fact. You can heal one disease, another disease will appear. Therefore you cannot heal)?
- Do you think he is a good doctor?
- Do you think that some people could have best... better gift for healings, for temporary healings than other?
- Does that sound right (and if for some reason it's not effective, then we have to trust simply in krsna-nama. That we're doing anyway, but that's... We'll have to do exclusively at that point), Srila Prabhupada?
- He asked about heart transplants, where does the soul go in heart transplant, when they change the heart from one body to another body?
- He likes syrup or tablets? Tablets will be difficult for swallowing?
- Homeopathic doctor (that Ahmedabad, that gentleman in his house, you were guest, you were in Ahmedabad (they will make processes for eating the seaweed))?
- How can an artificial kidney be expected to work like a real kidney? I mean, they want to hold back time…They think that they can defeat the time...
- How can he (the Calcutta kaviraja) give strength? Just like makara-dhvaja is for giving strength
- How do we reconcile the fact that our doctors tell us we should eat meat because of the protein?
- How do you relate your strong interest in dairy products to modern thinking on cholestrol and similar problems?
- How does it react? Potassium cyanide? It blocks the oxygen path? That's what science says?
- How long does this process of withdrawal (from drug or alcohol addiction) take?
- How long will you be feeling bad from the injection?
- I heard that if you pass stool more than once a day you become a bhogi? You are called a bhogi?
- I would like to know if the teachings of Krsna can be an assistance to an individual, who is interested in healing on a mass basis vibrations?
- I'm familiar with the Krsna cookbook, but I do not see any suggested menus or nutritional information, and I'm wondering if there's any thought that's been worked on that. Is there any background of menus or nutritional information?
- If some devotee has some trouble and does not eat a certain type of food. Like some devotees do not eat ghee because of liver trouble. So these devotees, should they take all the prasadam?
- If there is God, how can there be suffering and disease
- In the hot climate it is more difficult to digest?
- In what way would they (alcohol and drug patients) cure?
- Infected to (in our country 75%, at least, students are infected with syphilis)?
- Is first the metals mixed together (in Kaviraji, they make some medicine which is gold added by this process, makaradhvaja. Makaradhvaja, the medicine which is combination of tin and mercury, and it looks like gold)?
- Is it necessary to have a therapeutic system?
- Is it vital to follow certain eating habits?
- Is that just as healthy as nim leaves? Patola leaves?
- Is that kind of information given in the Vedas (a class of men, they are called vaidyas (doctors). They know all these herb, which herb is medicine for certain disease, and they sell in the market)?
- Is the body not to be treated with a certain amount of care, and even comfort, because it is the vehicle for our spiritual progress and so on?
- Is yogurt as healthy as milk?
- It (Punar nava) is good medicinally?
- It'd be no good at all being priest if you had smallpox, would it?
- It's true that people are getting disease and sicknesses as the result of their past activities, pious or sinful. Why is it that it appears that when there is a flu many people are inflicted with that flu? Practically everyone, indiscriminately
- She asked if it (prasadam) was fattening. Would make her heavy?
- Should I cook if I still have this fever tomorrow?
- Should we try to avoid getting injections as much as possible?
- So if I have a fever I shouldn't cook for you? It's unhealthy for you? It won't bother me so much, but if it's unhealthy for you...
- So, they should just keep the machines (from people who have entered in some coma) going?
- Some devotees think that if they eat large quantities of milk, the more they eat, the more their brain will become big?
- Some group doctors? Some portion of the devotees medical knowledge?
- Sometimes we receive letters from neophyte devotees questioning why they have fallen sick, although pursuing Krsna consciousness
- Spiritual thinking can be used to cure bodily sickness?
- Srila Prabhupada, if a devotee gets sick, should he go and take medicine?
- Srila Prabhupada, what about the heart transplant? The spirit soul is within the heart, but when the... in the medical science nowadays, the old heart can be replaced by a new one. So what happens with the spirit soul with the old one?
- Srila Prabhupada, when someone is sick, he willingly goes to the doctor... So how we can get them to willingly come... to the guru?
- Srila Prabhupada? Do you want to take rest now for a while? Little rest. You want kirtana or anything?
- That (our karma) is manifest sometimes in disease on your body?
- That these are the basic problems of most men?... Death, fears of death and disease... You too?
- The family of the person who is suffering, says that "Please don't apply these machines. Let the person die." But the medical doctors say "No, we'll keep him alive as long as we can go on." So this is a problem. So who's right? Is the family right, or...
- The taste is all right (of your toothpaste)?
- There should not be any medical service in the building, new building, so what about there should be any other place on the land, or they should not...?
- They say that men are living longer now. The scientists, they say that there's less disease. They say that a hundred years ago people had more disease than... ?
- They use flesh for curing diseases?
- Well, It's because of these things (as far as possible we do not go even to the doctor), that they're wondering well then, what do we do with the money?
- Well, what happens when suddenly one of you gets, very ill tomorrow morning?
- Well, you'd laugh if you were ill and there was no doctor, wouldn't you?
- What about these..., the artificial hearts that they are making?
- What about when it happens amongst the community of devotees or some, hepatitis, or malaria, or something of that nature (it's true that people are getting disease and sicknesses as the result of their past activities, pious or sinful)?
- What about when you're not going to die... What about when you have some problems that's not fatal. Then who would we call?
- What do they use?... For cleaning teeth?
- What do you think about temporary healing?
- What does this isabgol do?
- What is that (Punar navas) ?
- What is that about tuberculosis?
- What is the importance of health in life, and how does Guruji advise people to maintain health, and how does it connect to your mission?
- What is this soap powder (for toothpaste)?
- What is your attitude toward those who are handicapped in our society? How do you respond, how do you treat those?
- What kind of jala? ... Is that the one with musk in it?
- What system (allopathetic system of medicine)?
- What's the Hindi name of that drug that you were taking the other day? That plant?
- When one is removed from karmic influence does he still get sick?
- Why don't we see what the kaviraja thinks, Srila Prabhupada. Should we call him?
- Why not (the personality is not changed after a heart transplant)?
- Would you help the sick people?
- Would you like some? We can bring you some nim leaves?
- Would you like to give your views on psychiatry?
- You ask if children may be taken to ordinary medical doctors. Why not?
- You can love God and be near God and train to be a medical man. Why don't you let some of your boys be trained to be medical men? Why do you say no?
- You don't think that people could have a gift for healing?
- You feel that you can continue to make those serious travels?
- You think people are doing something hospitals, that is for others?
- You think that all healers are fool?
- You think we can't help people?
- You were saying that the children should learn these three, geography and these things, and I wanted to know if they should also learn what they call biology, that is how the body is working, what are the bones and blood and...
- Your devotees' health is looked after, then (so far the body is concerned, as much as it is required take and maintain the body. That's all)… By who?
- Your father used to take that svarna-sindhura?