- the King of Kalinga
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Dantavakra"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- He (Dantavakra) became so agitated that he appeared on the battlefield without the proper arms and ammunition and without even a chariot. His only weapon was his great anger, which was red-hot
- He (Dantavakra) carried only a club in his hand, but he was so powerful that when he moved, everyone felt the earth tremble
- Here (in SB 4.5.21) a reference is made to the marriage of Aniruddha, a grandson of Lord Krsna's. He kidnapped the daughter of Dantavakra, and thereafter he was arrested
- How was it possible for Sisupala and Dantavakra in the presence of many exalted persons, to enter very easily into the body of Krsna, whose nature is difficult to attain
- In each of their (Jaya and Vijaya) three births - first as Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu, second as Ravana and Kumbhakarna, and third as Sisupala and Dantavakra - the Lord personally killed them
- Indeed, their (Sisupala's and Dantavakra's) tongues were not attacked by white leprosy, nor did they enter the darkest region of hellish life. We are certainly most surprised by this
- It is generally said that the gopis were attached to Krsna for sense attractions, and yet they became first-class devotees of the Lord. Kamsa, Sisupala, Dantavakra and other demons, however, were related to Krsna as enemies
- Narada Muni continued: O best of the Pandavas, your two cousins Sisupala and Dantavakra, the sons of your maternal aunt, were formerly associates of Lord Visnu, but because they were cursed by brahmanas, they fell from Vaikuntha to this material world
- Not only Sisupala and Dantavakra but also many, many other kings who acted as enemies of Krsna attained salvation at the time of death. Because they thought of the Lord, they received spiritual bodies and forms the same as His
- Sisupala and Dantavakra were formerly Jaya and Vijaya, the doorkeepers of Vaikuntha. Merging into the body of Krsna was not their final destination. For some time they remained merged, and later they received the liberations of sarupya and salokya
- Sisupala and Dantavakra were the same Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu
- The destination of godless atheists such as Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa and Dantavakra is a hellish condition of life. Mandodari, the wife of Ravana, could understand all this because she was a chaste woman
- The party led by Damaghosa contained thousands of men, among whom the prominent kings and personalities were Jarasandha, Dantavakra, Viduratha and Paundraka
- They both took birth again in human society as Sisupala and Dantavakra and continued in the same enmity toward the Lord. It is they who merged into the body of the Lord in your presence
- Vrddhasarma married the daughter of Sura named Srutadeva, from whose womb Dantavakra was born
- Vrddhasarma, the King of Karusa, married Kunti's sister Srutadeva, and from her womb Dantavakra was born. Having been cursed by the sages headed by Sanaka, Dantavakra had formerly been born as the son of Diti named Hiranyaksa