Questions On... Srimad-Bhagavatam
Pages in category "Questions On... Srimad-Bhagavatam"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- Although, Srila Prabhupada, it's somewhat easy for us to convince that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summary study of all the Vedic literatures, how can we take that Bhagavad-gita is the summary study?
- Among the avataras which are described in the second and third book of Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are two questions I have to put. There is Krsna Himself, who appears as His own avatara, and the Krsna, the yadava Krsna?
- Because scientists cannot enter into the actual activity on the moon planet, technically, according to Bhagavata, they have not reached there?
- But Prabhupada, I'm still not quite clear. In other words, we'd teach, for example, like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam (on the varnasrama college)?
- But what happens if you do die before you finish (I have taken up my translation work, Bhagavatam. So I am trying to live at least up to the time I finish my translation)?
- He wants to know if you, if you think that you will be able to complete all the volumes of Srimad-Bhagavatam which you have projected?
- He wants to know why Lord Caitanya is not mentioned in the Bhagavatam with the other incarnations
- He's asking that it states in part one of Srimad-Bhagavatam that one should not jump to the Tenth Canto without having read all the previous?
- How did Sukdev Goswami hear Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- How did you manage to get your first Bhagavatams printed?
- How is it done (calculation of time from the atom, Srila Prabhupada. He is talking about Bhagavatam. By the light passing over the atom, you can calculate the time, the sunlight passing over the atomic particles)?
- How many commentaries does this one... (Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavat Purana)?
- I'm not thinking so much of the specific Cantos as the Srimad-Bhagavatam as a whole. Is that, for you, as you see it, more important than Bhagavad-gita?
- If one were to study, read Srimad-Bhagavatam who was not ready for this, not prepared for it, this might throw them into confusion then, or this would be...?
- If the Lord's pastimes are manifested differently, are they manifested the same in one universe?... Are they different every time? In other words, is the Srimad-Bhagavatam a history of what took place once, and then it will be different next time?
- If we're very attracted to reading Caitanya caritamrta now, but we haven't finished Srimad-Bhagavatam as yet, should we wait until we have studied Srimad-Bhagavatam thoroughly?
- If you don't pronounce the Sanskrit prayers that are in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Would there be any effect if they're not pronounced properly?
- In one of the purports in Bhagavatam you mention that first comes humility, then nonviolence and then tolerance... Is it also mentioned that in other places in our sastra?
- In reply to your question whether TLC or the original cover of Srimad-Bhagavatam gives the authoritative picture of the hand symbols?
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam you have said that... It's stated that Vyasadeva was afraid when Suta Gosvami was born that he would leave home because he was already a liberated soul
- In the beginning of the Srimad-Bhagavatam you did discuss the general story... If you had to say to someone who was going to collect one small section of your work, what would you want them to collect?
- In the Bhagavatam, it is mentioned, sarva-devamayo guruh. What is the meaning?
- In the SB first chapter of the 2nd canto it says that the gross materialists can begin meditating on the syllable om and then try to contemplate the universal form. That is not recommended for this age, right?
- In the Sixth Canto of the Bhagavatam you made a statement that if a devotee chants the holy name even once inoffensively, this protects him eternally
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, in one of your purports, you mention that great scientists like Einstein, Newton and Chandra Bose had such great brains, but who has created their brain?
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, it says that Krsna did not want us to come to this material world. If Krsna did not want us to come, why are we here?
- In the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavata, there is a beautiful description of this rasa-lila, and some scholars think that there is some work(?), imagination, in that. So will you please comment upon this?
- In what sense is the First Canto His lotus feet?
- Is it safe to compare scientific advancement with Bhagavata, like Darwin and Bhagavatam?
- Is it so, that in Srimad-Bhagavata it is also written, many really great men want to be here in Kali-yuga, because it is easier to be for salvation?
- Is Lord Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita different from the one in Bhagavatam?
- Is such an atomic war foretold in SB?
- Is the Srimad-Bhagavatam compiled in the same way in other universes? Vyasadeva compiles it like he does in this universe as well?
- Is there anyone similar to Joan of Arc in the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Is there some mention in the Bhagavatam about this, that the religious men will wear only the clothes to make a profit?
- Is there some verse in the Bhagavatam which states that the Bhagavatam reciter must be a very qualified person?
- Isn't the sound, though, as good as the explanation (have the sound only. (Laughs) The explanation... I shall give you little explanation)?
- It is the Gita that you stress on or the Bhagavatam?
- It says in the Bhagavatam exactly what the distance (of the sun)?
- It's from the Bhagavatam (klisyanti ye kevala-bodha-labdhaye tesam asau klesala eva sisyate nanyad yatha sthula-tusavaghatinam)?
- It's on this quotation from Bhagavata Purana that Caitanya built His system?
- Should we just completely devote all our time to studying the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and then progress from there, or should we continue our study of the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- So where that is described in the Third Canto, Part Four, where it is described about devotional service in ignorance, passion, and goodness, and so forth, that has nothing to do with your disciples then?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Srimad-Bhagavatam it's stated that the Supersoul is measured from the end of the thumb to the end of the ring finger, how does this change take place in the different sizes of species of living entities in this material creation?
- Srila Prabhupada, in the Srimad-Bhagavatam or the Krsna Book, you state that even clouds have souls. But then again they dissipate, in the rain they dissolve. Does that mean they die?
- Srila Prabhupada, we're taking this from the Bhagavatam. Won't they just think that this is myth?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the exact benefit if a person just takes a Srimad-Bhagavatam on the street and gives some donation to help out the printing costs or whatever?
- Srila Prabhupada, when we are preaching to Christian people or to Muslim people, is there advantage in being familiar with their scriptures or simply Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Srila Prabhupada, would you be interested in hearing any of the Bhagavatam that they have edited?
- Srila Prabhupada? What about the point, in certain places in Bhagavatam it distinctly says that the human being's food is creatures of four legs with cloven hoof?
- Srimad-Bhagavatam (should be taught)?
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the topmost theological science, therefore it can react on the layman as medicinal doses?
- Sukadeva Gosvami is always bringing Maharaja Pariksit to the platform of "Why bother with all of this (about the creation and the universe)? Simply perform devotional service"?
- That (if we simply think of the creation of God, we can appreciate how great He is) is why it's described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- That story is in the Eighth Canto, Srila Prabhupada (Bali Maharaja was asked for three feet of land)?
- The five gods?... Is that by Sankaracarya, Prabhupada?... Where is it from, Prabhupada?... It is the Bhagavatam?
- The more we understand Srimad-Bhagavatam, the more we'll understand the Caitanya-caritamrta?
- The philosophy of Bhagavata is not purely conceptual, is it?
- The stories of Krsna's pastimes in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, are they found in the Vedas also?
- This (tapasvino grama-vasah. "The so-called yogis, they'll live in the town.") is all from the Twelfth Canto?
- This example is available in Bhagavatam, Prabhupada (frog in the well)?
- This is the Sixth Chapter Bhagavad-gita? Is that what you're quoting (tad-gatena manasa pasyanti yam yoginah)?
- Towards the end of the Kali-yuga isn't there a description in the Bhagavatam that one will not be able to see the sun or the moon?... Because of the impiety. So there will be no vegetation. Is that description in Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- We have other informations other than Srimad-Bhagavatam (I have got evidence, our Vedic literature)?
- We were lucky because when we joined all that we had were your Bhagavatams from India, those original Bhagavatams... Otherwise, what shall we do?
- What about the verse in the Bhagavatam that says if a devotee falls down that he's not to be considered as the fruitive workers or the karmis, etcetera. ?
- What chapter is this, Swamiji?
- What does the Sanskrit sound like? Is Srimad-Bhagavatam to be chanted?
- What is Eighth Canto like? What does Eighth Canto contain?
- What is the place of Srimad-Bhagavatam here, in this movement?
- What is this little story, these two little things standing here? Some time back you called the drowning of the son of our teacher. Is this from the Bhagavatam?
- Where would this (Srimad-Bhagavatam) come in, a book like this, in the study course?
- Why is that (Bhagavata meant for who is no more envious. Simply loving) more necessary for Srimad-Bhagavatam than for Bhagavad-gita?
- Why there is so-called discrepancy between the views of Bhagavat and modern scientists regarding the moon and other planets, and whether Hitler is good or bad man?
- Will Krsna not fulfill your desire (to complete the Bhagavatam)?
- Would it be dangerous for someone who is not at that level to study Srimad-Bhagavatam, or would they simply not understand it?
- Would you like to hear Tenth Canto, Volume Two, Srila Prabhupada, a little bit? Or more of Kapiladeva? Kapiladeva would be nice. Ten, two?