Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Seven Oceans"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- All the dvipas, or islands (on the Bhu-mandala planetary system), are surrounded by different types of oceans, and it is said that the breadth of each ocean is the same as that of the island it surrounds
- All the islands (the seven islands in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) are completely surrounded by these oceans (consisting of salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water)
- As Priyavrata drove his chariot behind the sun, he created seven different types of oceans and planetary systems, which altogether are known as Bhu-mandala, or Bhuloka
- The Emperor Svayambhuva Manu, the son of Lord Brahma, who is well known for his righteous acts, has his seat in Brahmavarta and rules over the earth with its seven oceans
- The impressions from the rims of Maharaja Priyavrata's chariot wheels created seven oceans and seven islands
- The length of the oceans cannot equal the length of the islands - on the Bhu-mandala planetary system
- The material planets rest within the stem that grows from the lotus navel of Lord Narayana. Among these planets are seven oceans
- The seven oceans (in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) respectively contain salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water
- The sun moves across the zodiac day and night and crosses the oceans between the seven islands one after the other
- This earth planet is divided into seven dvipas by seven oceans, and the central dvipa, called Jambudvipa, is divided into nine varsas, or parts, by eight huge mountains. Bharata-varsa is one of the above-mentioned nine varsas