Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 40 subcategories, out of 40 total.
- ► Learning about Krsna (3 C, 17 P)
- ► News about Krsna (13 P)
- ► Opinions about Krsna (1 C, 21 P)
- ► Questions about Krsna (2 P)
Pages in category "About Krsna"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- A person may think that there is no direct statement about Krsna in the Upanisads, but the fact is that the Vedic mantras cannot be understood by people with mundane senses
- About the expertise of Krsna there is a statement in the Tenth Canto, 59th Chapter, 13th verse, of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, wherein Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaj Pariksit
- Actually, Krsna is all-pervasive: He is in the sky, and He is in the forest; He is within the heart, and He is always everywhere. The gopis therefore began to question the trees and plants about Krsna
- Akrura became a little disappointed by these words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but he could not disregard the order. He therefore entered Mathura and informed Kamsa about the arrival of Krsna, and then he entered his own home
- All our books are as good as Krsna because we deal in the books about Krsna only
- All things - but Krsna - give temporary satisfaction only, so if we are to have complete satisfaction we must take to the questions and answers about Krsna
- Although the residents of Vrndavana did not know much about Krsna, their love for Him was beyond comparison
- Anything about Krsna is Krsna. This is called absolute knowledge. So either you chant the Krsna's name or you worship Krsna's form - everything is Krsna
- Arjuna was calculating as a human being about Krsna. That was his mistake. That was his not mistake. That was his inquiry to clear the mistake of our. We mistake Krsna as one of us
- Balarama was known as the son of Vasudeva because His mother, Rohini, was present there, but Nanda Maharaja did not know about Krsna
- Because questions and answers about Krsna elevate one to that transcendental position, the questions of Maharaja Pariksit about Krsna philosophy are greatly glorified
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- By advancement in the association of the devotee one is placed in devotional service, and this service dispels all one's misgivings about Krsna, or God, and Krsna's activities, form, pastimes, name and other features
- By our imperfect sense perception we cannot understand the form of the Lord. We have to acquire knowledge about Him
- By understanding the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one can understand the truth about Krsna. By understanding Krsna, one can understand the limit of all knowledge described in various revealed scriptures
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that who is guru. Guru means yei krsna-tattva-vetta sei guru haya: "Anyone who knows Krsna, he is guru." Guru cannot be manufactured. Anyone who knows about Krsna as far as possible
- Cowards became very much afraid upon seeing the ghastly and horrible scene, and heroes began to talk delightedly among themselves about the heroism of the two brothers (Krsna and Balarama)
- Each time someone reads some solid information about Krishna his life becomes changed in some way
- Even if He appears to have accepted a material body, He is still not subjected to any material condition. Krsna has therefore appeared and defeated all imperfect conclusions about the appearance and disappearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Everyone should be interested in knowing about Krsna, and this book is presented with this purpose: that people may know about Krsna and be perfectly benefited in this human form of life
- He (Akrura) told how Narada had met Kamsa and how he himself was deputed by Kamsa to come to Vrndavana. Akrura explained to Krsna that Narada had told Kamsa all about Krsna’s being transferred from Mathura to Vrndavana just after His birth
- He (Krsna's older friend) therefore informed the others not to take the trouble of worrying about Krsna, because there was no present danger from Aristasura
- He is dancing in such a nice way that He (is) attracting everyone. So in the Vedas it is said about Krsna how great artist He is
- How we can increase our attachment for Krsna unless we know Krsna, at least something about Him? Just like a girl becomes attached to a young boy when she knows about something about that boy. The more she knows, she becomes attracted
- However, because in that miserable condition they (different rulers of the world) had had the opportunity to think about Lord Krsna, they immediately saw Him now as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- Human being means he is inquiring about the spirit soul or the spiritual world, the supreme spirit, God, Krsna. He is human being
- I am glad to learn that you are realizing about Krishna's providing us with more and more facilities and that you are appreciating for my following purely the instructions of my Spiritual Master. Yes, that is the secret of success
- I am so much pleased to learn that you are taking Sankirtana as your life and soul. There is no doubt about Krsna's being pleased very much upon those who are engaged in such Sankirtana Movement, that is admitted by Lord Krsna
- I do not claim that I am Sanskrit scholar, I am this big man, that man, no. Whatever books I have written, only about this-Krsna. In our book in every page you will find Krsna, Krsna, Krsna
- I have seen in Washington so many tourists came daily to see the many monuments & museums. So why not let one of the museums be about Krsna. Everything should be done first-class. I am sure that it will become the most popular place to visit in Washington
- I have thus described the narration concerning Pradyumna Misra and how, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he listened to discourses about Krsna spoken by Ramananda Raya
- I think it is more profitable to preach about the Master of Vrndavana, Krsna, outside of Vrndavana. A devotee of Krsna can create Vrndavana everywhere by preaching the glories of Krsna
- If Nanda Maharaja does not take action, then we (the gopis) shall tell King Kamsa about Your (Krsna) misbehavior
- If our men are trained, one man can run a place. One experienced man can sit down in a hut and simply talk about Krsna and organize the local people. This is how I started in the beginning
- If the leaders do not recognize the existence of the all-powerful Visnu, who is simultaneously both the supreme transcendental personality and the impersonal spirit existing everywhere, then what will ordinary men understand about Him?
- If we perform everything nicely and always seize every opportunity to preach about Krishna, that is our formula for success
- If we train the subtle body in this life by always thinking about Krsna, we will transfer to Krsnaloka after leaving the gross body
- If you are serious about serving Krishna, then remain with us for sometime to learn the transcendental art
- If you sit down and write some article on Krsna, that means you have to concentrate on Krsna's activities or Krsna's devotees' activities, and that very process will purify your heart
- If you write books about Krsna, if you read books about Krsna, if you talk about Krsna, you think of Krsna, you worship Krsna, you cook for Krsna, you eat for Krsna - so that is krsna-kirtana
- In His later pastimes He is known as Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya. He blesses the whole world by teaching about the name and fame of Lord Sri Krsna
- In the Brahma-samhita, Brahma is describing means from the very creation. Brahma is the first creature of this universe. So he has explained about Krsna by his experience, by his realization
- In the same way, when Krsna was first counted among the incarnations, specific knowledge about Him was still unknown
- In the Third Canto, 2nd Chapter, 13th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is a statement about this. "The SP of Godhead, in His pleasing dress, appeared at the scene of the sacrificial arena when King Yudhisthira was performing the raja-suya sacrifice"
- Indra knew about the exalted position of Krsna because Krsna is the master of Indra, but he could not believe that Krsna could come down and live in Vrndavana among the cowherd men
- Intoxicated by ecstatic love for Lord Krsna, he becomes overwhelmed and incessantly dances without clothing and sings about Lord Krsna's qualities and pastimes
- It is quite understandable that an ordinary mortal like Dr. Radhakrishnan is illusioned about Lord Krsna, since even the residents of the heavenly planets are illusioned about Him
- Krishna is very kind to the meek and simple, so dullness of the material world and consciousness about Krishna go well together. Too much intelligence in material activities are detraction from Krishna Consciousness
- Krsna says, "Please hear attentively what I shall speak to you, for transcendental knowledge about Me is not only scientific but also full of mysteries"
- Krsna was always very silent about His love affairs with Radharani, so much so that Baladeva, Krsna's elder brother and constant companion, could not understand the transformations of Krsna on account of His gravity
- Krsna was informed, "Similarly, she has addressed the birds and the drones and inquired from them as to whether Krsna has passed before them, and she has inquired if they can say anything about You"
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the all-auspicious Lord Sri Krsna, about whom glorification, remembrances, audience, prayers, hearing and worship can at once cleanse the effects of all sins of the performer
- Lord Brahma became struck with wonder by this extraordinary feat of Krsna's, and in a prayer he stated that although anyone and everyone could say they knew all about Krsna, as far as he was concerned, he did not know anything about Him
- Lord Brahma is describing about Krsna. There are some foolish question that "Krsna appeared five thousand years ago. How He became God?" Actually that is not the fact
- Lord Brahma said, 'If someone says that he knows everything about Krsna's opulence, let him think that way. But as far as I am concerned, with my body and mind I consider it in this way'
- Lord Krsna answered Mucukunda, "Perhaps you know that My incarnation Anantadeva has unlimited mouths, and for an unlimited time He has been trying to narrate fully about My name, fame, qualities, activities, appearance, disappearance and incarnations"
- Nanda Maharaja knew that Balarama was the son of Vasudeva, but he did not know that Krsna was also Vasudeva's son. Vasudeva, of course, was aware of this fact and inquired very eagerly about both Krsna and Balarama
- Naradaji knew everything about the pastimes of Lord (Krsna), so without further discussion he simply left the palace silently, in great astonishment over the Lord's activities
- Now I shall leave the vision of this mundane world, and I see that Uddhava, the foremost of My devotees, is the only one who can be directly entrusted with knowledge about Me
- Now you just apply yourself for becoming qualified to see Krishna face-to-face, then you will be able to actually write songs about Krishna
- Nowadays mahatma means one who does not know anything about Krsna, speaks all nonsense. He is mahatma. "Because we stamp somebody, mahatma, therefore he is mahatma
- O Lord of lords (Krsna), so fierce of form, please tell me (Arjuna) who You are. I offer my obeisances unto You; please be gracious to me. You are the primal Lord. I want to know about You, for I do not know what Your mission is
- One devotee has said, "I know about Narayana, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and I also know about many other incarnations of the Lord"
- One who knows the Personality of Godhead can automatically know all about Him, His multipotencies and His expansions. So the devotees are congratulated as being all-successful
- One who knows the real feature of Sri Krsna and His three different energies cannot remain ignorant about Him
- One who reads Brahma Samhita very carefully & scrutinizingly can understand everything of Krishna without any fault
- Our program is that no matter what our engagement may be, we shall perform it in Krishna Consciousness, chanting Hare Krishna and thinking about something of Krishna, His Name, His Form, His Beauty, etc
- Please always talk about Krishna amongst you two sisters, and enjoy life. This is very good opportunity that you are talking and painting about Krishna, so that your mind, hand, and attention are all absorbed in Krishna samadhi
- Please hear attentively what I shall speak to you, for transcendental knowledge about Me is not only scientific but full of mysteries
- Realization means you should write, every one of you, what is your realization. What for this BTG is? You write your realization, what you have realized about Krsna. That is required. It is not passive. Always you should be active
- Ruci means taste. Why you are hearing about Krsna daily, the same thing? We are speaking nothing new. "Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and you have to surrender." This is our daily business
- Siddhanta, to become a pure devotee, a staunch devotee of Krsna, one has to learn about Krsna. Krsna is, therefore, coming personally to teach us what He is. That is required. Vasudeva-katha-ruci
- Sisupala said, "I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna and has recommended that Krsna is fit to accept the first worship in the sacrifice"
- Sometimes people, in an unauthorized hearing process, take more interest in hearing about His dealings with the gopis
- Sometimes the gopis would think about His (Krsna's) soft nails, His moving eyebrows and His teeth, which were catechu-colored from chewing pan
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also advised Vasudeva to preach about Krsna and thus liberate living entities. As a result, Krsna would very soon accept him as His devotee
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught Srila Rupa Gosvami the ultimate limit of the truth about Lord Krsna, the truth about devotional service and the truth about transcendental mellows, culminating in conjugal love between Radha and Krsna
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami has advised us to hear about Krsna from a Vaisnava. He has explicitly forbidden us to hear from an avaisnava
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We know very well about Krsna. We know even more than you. So whatever you make up about Him will be old stories to us. Krsna is now in the city and is better known as the friend of Arjuna"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "You poor messenger, you are only a less intelligent servant. You do not know much about Krsna, how ungrateful and hardhearted He has been, not only in this life but in His previous lives also"
- The author of Caitanya-caritamrta has warned the neophyte devotees to be seriously on guard against the pitfall of neglecting knowledge about Krsna in regard to how great He is
- The best thing is if you come and live with us for some time and learn thoroughly the Krsna science. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu said anyone can become a guru in the matter of teaching about Krsna, provided he or she thoroughly learns the Krsna science
- The Bhagavad-gita is the narration or the philosophy on the science of God, spoken by Krsna Himself. Srimad-Bhagavatam is the narration about the activities and transcendental pastimes of Krsna. Both are krsna-katha
- The demonic do not accept Lord Krsna as He is. Instead they concoct something about Krsna and mislead general readers from the path of Krsna's instructions. Here is a warning about such misleading paths
- The devotee expected that the tulasi buds would know something about the glories of Lord Sri Krsna's lotus feet
- The essence of everything is the Supreme Lord: He is called the saram. And those who sing and talk about Him are called the sarangas, or the pure devotees
- The fact is that if you have got different views about Krsna, then you cannot prove that from the Bhagavad-gita. If you take Bhagavad-gita, then you must present it as it is
- The good sages said: O grave Suta Gosvami! May you live many years and have eternal fame, for you are speaking very nicely about the activities of Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead. This is just like nectar for mortal beings like us
- The gopis and the men began to converse amongst themselves about how wonderful it was that child Krsna had been attacked in so many ways and so many times by so many demons, and yet the demons themselves had been killed and Krsna had remained uninjured
- The influence of a pure devotee is such that if someone comes to associate with him with a little faith, he gets the chance of hearing about the Lord from authoritative scriptures like the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The Lord replied, "Having heard about your good qualities, I have come here. I have come to hear about Krsna from you and thus purify My mind"
- The Lord said, "This statement is very good, but please proceed even further." Ramananda Raya then replied, "Loving service to the Lord in the parental relationship is the highest perfectional stage"
- The purpose of the Vedic literatures is to know Me by different speculations, either by indirect understanding or by dictionary understanding. Everyone is speculating about Me. The essence of all Vedic literatures is to distinguish Me from maya
- The servant informed them, "The day has already ended." Then Ramananda Raya ended his discourses about Krsna
- The thoughts of My (Krsna) pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me
- The two of us shall remain together at Jagannatha Puri and happily pass our time discussing Krsna
- The ultimate end of philosophical speculation, then, must be Krsna, with the understanding that Krsna is everything, the cause of all causes, and that one should therefore surrender unto Him
- The Vedas and puranas are full of descriptions of His (Krsna) different activities so that people in general may naturally be eager to hear and read something about His activities
- There are many statements about the festive days in connection with Krsna's different activities. One of these festive days is Janmastami, the day of Krsna's birth
- There are people who say, "I know everything about Krsna." Let them think that way. As far as I am concerned, I do not wish to speak very much about this matter
- There are so many questions. And to solve all these questions, the God Himself descends and speaks about Himself, and that speaking is this Bhagavad-gita. God is speaking about Himself personally, personally present
- There are two important krsna-kathas current in the world - Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. Bhagavad-gita is krsna-katha because it is spoken by Krsna , whereas Srimad-Bhagavatam is krsna-katha because it narrates about Krsna
- There are two kinds of sruti, or scripture. One is spoken by the Lord, and the other is spoken about the Lord and His devotees
- There is no doubt about Lord Krsna's being the Supreme Lord, otherwise how was it possible for Him to overturn a cart with His leg when He was only three months old, to uproot a pair of arjuna trees, so high that they touched the sky
- There is no scripture equal to the Brahma-samhita as far as the final spiritual conclusion is concerned. Indeed, that scripture is the supreme revelation of the glories of Lord Govinda, for it reveals the topmost knowledge about Him
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: hearing about the activities and instructions given by the Supreme Personality of Godhead (who is the shelter of the saintly persons), chanting about these activities and instructions
- They (the cowherd men) began to praise Nanda Maharaja, because by consulting him their doubts about Krsna were cleared. They said, "Let Krsna, who is so kind, beautiful and merciful, protect us"
- They are self-realized souls, therefore if they write something song about Krishna that will be perfectly from the transcendental platform, without any tinge of mundane influence or nonsense imagination
- They began to inquire about the Lord, who is situated in all living entities, internally and externally. Indeed, they even asked all the plants and vegetables about Him, the Supreme Person
- This brain taxation, if you engage in Krsna's service - how to spread Krsna consciousness, how to convince people about Krsna, how to take them to the Krsna's desire - in this way, if you go on making plan for spreading KC, then your mind is controlled
- This Krsna consciousness movement is very important movement - important in this sense, that we are educating people without any discrimination about Krsna, what is Krsna
- Thus the gopis began to inquire from all kinds of trees and plants about the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is an instance of ecstatic madness on the part of devotees
- To counteract this tendency, we have to divert our talking to the subject of Krsna
- Train the subtle body in this life by always thinking about Krsna
- Transcendental topics of the activities of Lord Sri Krsna in the Srimad-Bhagavatam begin from the end of the battle at Kuruksetra, where the Lord Himself spoke about Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- Try to avoid too much business as this distracts us from our real mission. If Krishna sees that we are very active to spread information about Him, He is Master of the Goddess of Fortune, He will give everything!
- Try to impress the whole Western world about krsna-samprasnah. Then they'll be happy. That is our mission
- Two people - Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami - stayed with the Lord to pacify Him by reciting various verses about Krsna’s pastimes and by singing appropriate songs for His satisfaction
- We may be serving Krsna in our waking state and thinking about Him then, so also it is possible to dream about Krsna and the Spiritual Master and so many things
- What can I (Srimati Radharani) say about the behavior of Krsna? Outwardly He is a very attractive young lover, but at heart He is a great cheat, very expert in killing others' wives
- What I have heard from Ramananda Raya is like a nectarean ocean of discourses about Krsna. Even the demigods, beginning with Lord Brahma, cannot understand all these topics
- When Raghupati Upadhyaya was requested to describe Krsna, he began to recite some verses he had personally composed about Krsna's pastimes. Hearing those verses, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- Why you are suffering? Forgetting Krsna. That's all. Now you revive your memory about Krsna, you become happy. That's all. Very simple thing. Now don't try to find out the history when you forgot
- Yogamaya, the goddess Durga, kept Kamsa in darkness about Krsna's birth and misled him to believe that his enemy Krsna had been born elsewhere
- You may narrate also about the auspicious characteristics of the Lord in His different incarnations for the welfare of the twice-born, the cows and the demigods
- You write your realization, what you have realized about Krsna. That is required. It is not passive. Always you should be active. Whenever you find time, you write