Speaking about Krsna
VedaBase research query: "speak* about Krsna"/5 or "spoke about Krsna"/5 or "speak* about God"/5 or "speak* about the Supreme"/5 or "speak* of Krsna"/5 or "spoke of Krsna"/5 or "speak* of God"/5 or "spoke of God"/5 or "speak* of the Supreme"/5
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Speaking about God (4 C, 58 P)
Pages in category "Speaking about Krsna"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- Acarya. He behaves in his life how? To think of Krsna and he teaches his students about that. He is called acarya. He knows the purport of the scriptures, and he behaves in his life and he teaches his student in that way
- Advaitam acyutam anadim ananta-rupam: (BS 5.33) when we speak of Krsna, we refer to all His avataras, such as Krsna, Govinda, Narayana, Visnu, Lord Caitanya, Krsna-Balarama and Syamasundara
- After giving a summary of the beauty of Krsna, Ramananda Raya began to speak of the spiritual energy of Krsna, which is headed by Srimati Radharani
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak of the qualities of Radha Krsna, Lord Caitanya desired to hear from him about the reciprocation of love between Them
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak of the qualities of Srimati Radharani and Krsna, Lord Caitanya desired to hear from him about the reciprocal exchange of love between Them
- All living entities are part and parcel of Krsna. By Krsna it should always be remembered that we are speaking of God, Krsna denoting the all-attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although Lord Buddha was an incarnation of Krsna, he did not speak about God, for the people were unable to understand. He simply wanted to stop animal-killing
- Although we speak of "when" Krsna desires, just when He did desire we cannot say. We only speak in this way because in conditional life we take it that everything has a beginning; however, in absolute or spiritual life there is neither beginning nor end
- Another gopi began to speak. "My dear friend," she said, "He (Krsna) has perfected the art of smiling very attractively, and by seeing His smile women become mad after Him and give themselves to Him without hesitation"
- Another gopi began to speak. "My dear friend," she said, "Krsna is very clever in using words. No one can compete with Him in that art. He can manufacture such colorful words and talk so sweetly that the heart of any woman would be misled"
- Another gopi said, "Dear Lord, words spoken by You (Krsna) or words describing Your activities are full of nectar, and simply by speaking or hearing Your words one can be saved from the blazing fire of material existence"
- Another gopi spoke thus to her friends about Krsna: "Dear friend, our Vrndavana is proclaiming the glories of this entire earth because this planet is glorified by the lotus footprints of the son of Devaki"
- As Krsna will be satisfied, everyone will be satisfied. So take to this Krsna consciousness service by hearing, by speaking, by remembering, by giving actually service, by worshiping, by making friendship, and after all, everything for Krsna
- At the present moment the first-class men who can understand God, who can speak about God, the science of God, that is missing
- Because a pure devotee is always speaking of Krsna and engaging in His service, as soon as he gives up his body he immediately returns to Goloka Vrndavana, where Krsna is personally present. He then meets Krsna directly. This is successful human life
- Because the sages assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra had spoken about the Lord as the supreme cause of everything, Vasudeva simply repeated it out of his love for Krsna and Balarama
- Because You are asking me to speak of the pastimes of Radha and Krsna, Ramananda Raya humbly submitted, I will obey Your order. I will speak in whatever way You like
- Being afraid of His mother, Krsna replied, “My dear mother, all these boys, including My elder brother, Balarama, are speaking lies against Me
- Being requested by Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami continued to speak about the transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna in the matter of His form, qualities, fame and paraphernalia
- Bhagavad-gita is prohibited. Vasudeva speaking about Himself, but that is prohibited. And if somebody's reading, some rascal is reading, he's making minus Vasudeva. That's all. Bhagavad-gita minus Krsna. This is going on
- Bhagavad-gita means to understand what is God, the science of God. And God Himself is speaking about Himself. Otherwise it is not possible to understand what is God
- Bhismadeva, speaking in that appealing tone, convinced Maharaja Yudhisthira that he was very soon passing away. And Maharaja Yudhisthira was inspired by Lord Sri Krsna to ask him of the principles of religion
- Caitanya accepted this principle - that if one in any position submissively hears the transcendental message spoken by Krsna or about Krsna, then gradually he develops the quality of unalloyed love, and by that love only he can conquer the unconquerable
- Candrasekhara continued, "There is no talk at Varanasi other than discussions on the six philosophical theses. Nonetheless, Tapana Misra has been very kind to me, for he speaks about topics relating to Lord Krsna"
- Cowherd woman described the speaking of Krsna: "Krsna was speaking to His father so politely & gently that it was as if He were pouring nectar into the ears of all present there. After hearing such sweet words from Krsna who will not be attracted to Him"
- Freud accepted the leadership of sex, but he did not admit it, but going on speaking on sex. And those who have taken the leadership of God, they will speak only of God, nothing else
- From the Vedic mantras we learn that the Supreme Personality of Godhead has nothing to do: na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate. But if the Supreme Lord has nothing to do, how can we speak of the activities of the Supreme Lord
- He (Bahulasva) placed them (Krsna's lotus feet) on his lap and, while massaging the feet with his hands, began to speak about the glories of the Lord in a sweet voice
- He (Srutadeva) spoke very highly of the Lord and the sages (Narada and others), and he and his wife washed the feet of each one of them. After this, he took the water and sprinkled it over all the members of his family
- Hearing this, Ramananda Raya became absorbed in ecstatic love and began to speak with great transcendental pleasure
- Here is an authority speaking about Sri Krsna as the original Personality of Godhead and the first Narayana
- His transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them. Please, therefore, speak to us, who are eager to hear about the adventures He performs in His various incarnations
- If a transcendentally situated person, following in the footsteps of Srila Rupa Gosvami, hears and speaks about the rasa-lila dance of Krsna & is always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna while serving the Lord day and night within his mind, what shall I say?
- If one practices bhakti-yoga by taking shelter of Vasudeva, Krsna, simply by hearing Vasudeva speak about Himself, one can understand everything about Him. Indeed, one can understand Him completely - samagram
- If we try to understand God by our limited knowledge, it will be a failure. We have to understand God from God. Then that will be perfect knowledge. So this Bhagavad-gita is the science of God where God is speaking about Himself
- If you are actually serious about Krsna, then Krsna will send you some of His representative and he will take charge of you. That is the process. If you do not find a guru, that means Krsna is not yet pleased, either you are not serious
- If you simply speak what Krsna says, then you become His representative. Don't manufacture. Don't be over prudent, manufacturing. Simply to follow Krsna and His representatives, then you become mahajana. Otherwise you are a nonsense. Mudha
- In order to bring mother Yasoda to consciousness, they began to speak loudly about the transcendental pastimes of Krsna. Mother Yasoda remained still, as if dead, because her consciousness was concentrated on the face of Krsna
- In the Tenth Canto, 30th Chapter, 26th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is the following statement: "When the gopis were searching after Krsna and Radha after the rasa dance, they thus began to speak amongst themselves"
- In whatever form one knows the Lord, one speaks of Him in that way. In this there is no falsity, since everything is possible in Krsna
- Indra, the King of heaven, being too proud of his heavenly opulences, became like a madman. Thus bereft of his intelligence, he could not restrain himself from speaking nonsensically about Krsna
- It is stated in the Gopala-tapani Upanisad that when Krsna is spoken of as Cupid, one should not think of Him as the Cupid of this material world
- It is superfluous to speak about Krsna, because every one of you exalted personalities knows the Supreme Brahman, for whom there are no material differences between body & soul, between energy & the energetic, or between one part of the body & another
- It is your good fortune that you can serve Krishna in so many ways - to work, to write, to speak, to paint, to build - all of these talents must be employed in Krishna's service. That will make you perfect
- Krsna is not void. Whenever we speak of Krsna, He is present with His form, qualities, name, entourage and paraphernalia. Therefore, Krsna is not impersonal
- Krsna is the Supreme Lord. So when we speak of Krsna, the living entities are also included because the living entities are energies, different energies of Krsna - superior energy
- Krsna is the ultimate goal of spiritual science. Of course when we speak of Krsna we refer to God. There are many names for God throughout the world and throughout the universe, but Krsna is the supreme name according to Vedic knowledge
- Krsna replied, "I confirm that all you have spoken about Me (Krsna) in your prayers is factual. It is a fact that the materially opulent position of one who is not fully KC is the cause of his downfall and his becoming a victim of the illusory energy"
- Krsna, by controlling His mind, has easily forgotten us (gopis). Therefore, don’t speak of Him any more. Let us forget our relationship
- Krsna, of course, means Krsna and His confidential devotees; Krsna is not alone. When we speak of Krsna, "Krsna" means Krsna in His name, in His form, in His qualities, in His abode and in His associates. Krsna is never alone
- Krsna-katha means narrations about Lord Krsna. There are two krsna-kathas: narrations spoken by Krsna and narrations spoken about Krsna
- Maharaja Ambarisa performed all the items of devotional service. He first of all engaged his mind upon the lotus feet of Krsna. He engaged his words, his power of speaking, in describing the transcendental qualities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Maharaja Ambarisa's tongue was engaged in two ways: in speaking about Krsna and in tasting prasada offered to the Deity
- Mauna means "silence." Silence does not mean that one should not speak at all, but that he should not speak of nonsense. He should be very enthusiastic in speaking about Krsna
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: We pray that we may always be engaged in Your transcendental loving service by speaking only about Your glories and hearing about Your transcendental activities
- No one should hear or take lessons from a person who is not a Vaisnava. Even if he speaks about Krsna, such a lesson should not be accepted, for it is like milk touched by the lips of a serpent
- O King (Pariksit), kindly hear me (Sukadeva Gosvami) with great attention. Although the activities of the Supreme Lord (Krsna) are very confidential, no ordinary man being able to understand them, I shall speak about them to you - SB 10.13.3
- O Suta Gosvami, we are eager to learn about the Personality of Godhead and His incarnations. Please explain to us those teachings imparted by previous masters (acaryas), for one is uplifted both by speaking them and by hearing them
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- One who has studied the Vedas perfectly, who is a perfect vipra, or knower of the Vedas, who knows what spiritual life actually is, speaks about Krsna, the Supreme Person, as one's sanatana-dharma
- One who is not a devotee must speak nonsensically because he does not have the power to speak about the glories of Krsna. Thus whatever he says is influenced by the illusory energy and is compared to the croaking of a frog
- Our simple method is to see whether somebody is speaking about Krsna or what Krsna has said. If he does not do so, then immediately accept him asuram bhavam asritah, a raksasa. How you can accept him as guru?
- Read Bhagavad-gita thoroughly. Try to understand it and you can distribute it. That is a great service to Krsna, to your personal self, and to the person you are speaking about Krsna
- Rukmini continued, "Your (Krsna's) servants do not like material supremacy, so what to speak of You? My dear Lord, Your statement that You do not act as an ordinary person with a particular aim in life is also perfectly correct"
- Sahadeva was fortunate to know of the glories of Krsna, and after describing them in brief, he stopped speaking
- Similarly, the tongue should be trained to speak only of Krsna and to taste only krsna-prasada
- Simply preaching, glorifying, or speaking about the Lord, that is also kirtana. And performing kirtana as we do here in the temple, with mrdanga and karatala, chanting, that is also kirtana
- Sisupala said, "I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna and has recommended that Krsna is fit to accept the first worship in the sacrifice"
- Sisupala said, "I fully agree with the respectable persons present here that they are competent to select the personality who can be worshiped first, but I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I see here that although many stalwart personalities are present in this assembly, the influence of time is so strong that they have been misled by the statement of a boy (Sahadeva) who has foolishly spoken about Krsna"
- Siva speaks to Sati, "My dear wife, a person who has surrendered himself at the lotus feet of Govinda and who has thus developed pure Krsna consciousness can be very easily awarded all the perfections desired by the impersonalists"
- Sometimes the texts are interpreted fashionably to suit their own purposes. Therefore, first one should select a competent and bona fide speaker and then hear from him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Raghupati Upadhyaya to continue speaking about the pastimes of Sri Krsna. Thus the Lord was absorbed in ecstatic love, and His mind and body slackened
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'Alas, what shall I do? To whom shall I speak? Let whatever I have done in hopes of meeting Krsna be finished now. Please say something auspicious, but do not speak about Krsna'"
- Such an inclination (interest in hearing about Krsna's dealings with the gopis) indicates the lusty feelings of the hearer, so a bona fide speaker of the dealings of the Lord never indulges in such hearings
- Sukadeva Gosvami simply glorified the Lord, and by speaking on the subject matters of Krsna that constitute the entire Srimad-Bhagavatam, he too was liberated
- Sukadeva was the greatest of all Bhagavata reciters, and thus he began to speak about Krsna's pastimes, which destroy all inauspiciousness in this Age of Kali
- Take to this Krsna consciousness service by hearing, by speaking, by remembering, by giving actually service, by worshiping, by making friendship, and after all, everything for Krsna. That is perfection
- The associates of the Lord said, "This enemy of the Agha demon is always attracting our hearts by wandering about Vrndavana"
- The citizens of Mathura spoke among themselves, "Sankhacuda, Kesi, Dhenukasura and many other demons were killed by Krsna and Balarama in Vrndavana. Krsna also saved all the cowherd men of Vrndavana from a devastating fire"
- The cowherd boys said, "He (Krsna) is so wonderful that He saved us from the clutches of the great serpent and killed him," But little did they know that one year had passed since the killing of Aghasura
- The cowherd boys said, "If we all at one time entered into the mouth of this great serpent, how could it possibly swallow all of us? And even if it were to swallow all of us at once, it could not swallow Krsna. Krsna will kill him, as He did Bakasura"
- The first words they (Lord Brahma and Lord Siva) spoke acclaimed that the Lord is true to His vow. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna descends to this material world just to protect the pious and destroy the impious
- The Gita is krsna-katha, or topics of Krsna, because it is spoken by the Lord, and the Bhagavatam is also krsna-katha because it is spoken about the Lord
- The good sages said: O grave Suta Gosvami! May you live many years and have eternal fame, for you are speaking very nicely about the activities of Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead. This is just like nectar for mortal beings like us
- The gopis assembled there spoke among themselves, "What sort of austerities and penances we must have undergone in our previous lives! We must have worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead, offered different kinds of sacrifices and made charities"
- The immediate symptom of a Krsna conscious man is that he speaks only of Krsna and of matters relating to Him. Other symptoms then automatically follow. BG 1972 purports
- The meaning of controlled speech conveyed by Srila Rupa Gosvami advocates the positive process of krsna-katha, engaging the speaking process in glorifying the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna
- The words parasya para-cintakah mean - always thinking of the Supreme Personality of Godhead - or being always Krsna conscious. When we speak of Krsna, this refers to the complete category of visnu-tattva
- The words spoken by Krsna and spoken by Krsna's devotees about Krsna, are amrtam, nectar. The more one drinks this amrtam, the more he advances in his eternal life
- There are people who say, "I know everything about Krsna." Let them think that way. As far as I am concerned, I do not wish to speak very much about this matter
- There are two krsna-upadesa. One krsna-upadesa is what Krsna is speaking personally, Bhagavad-gita. And the other krsna-upadesa, what Vyasadeva is speaking about Krsna
- There are various classes of men in the world who speak of God in different ways
- Thereupon Ramananda Raya gradually began speaking on topics of Krsna. Thus the ocean of the transcendental mellows of those topics became agitated
- This is our mission. We have to simply speak about Krsna all over the world. Yare dekha tare kaha 'krsna'-katha, 'krsna'-upadesa
- This politician was surprised, that "Oh, you are publishing daily a Bengali paper?" "Yes. Why you are surprised?" He was surprised. He was politician. He was thinking that "What one may speak of God, or Krsna, daily in a paper?" He was surprised
- This stage of life is called yukta-vairagya, as enunciated by Srila Rupa Gosvami. Knowledge and renunciation, therefore, do not mean dry speculation and renunciation of activities. Rather, one must start speaking and acting only in relationship with Krsna
- This verse (CC Madhya 20.331) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.8.13) was spoken by Garga Muni when performing the name-giving ceremony for Krsna at the house of Nanda Maharaja
- To encourage Sukadeva Gosvami to continue speaking about Krsna and give further details, he (Pariksit Maharaja) thanked Sukadeva Gosvami for having described the activities of Krsna in brief
- To whom can I speak who will believe me when I say that Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is hunting the gopis in the bushes by the banks of the river Yamuna? In this way the Lord demonstrates His pastimes
- Trained to speak only of Krsna
- We are preaching Krsna consciousness amongst the people who are interested in material subject matter. But we are not associating with them. We are associating with Krsna, because we don't talk anything except Krsna
- We don't manufacture concocted ideas, dogmas. No, that is not our business. One should not do that. But if you speak what Bhagavan has said, what Krsna has said, that is perfect
- We should always remember that when we speak of Krsna, we refer to God
- We should carefully note that the statements described herein (SB 2.7.33) are the statements of Brahmaji to Narada, and he was speaking to Narada of events that would happen in the future, during the advent of Lord Krsna
- Whatever I speak is personally spoken by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Like a stringed instrument, I vibrate whatever He causes me to speak
- When I speak Krsna, that means God. If there is any important name... God, it is sometimes said God has no name. That's a fact. But God's name is given by His activities
- When I speak of Krsna you should understand that He is God. Another name for Krsna is Syamasundara, which means that He is blackish like a cloud but very beautiful
- When I speak of Krsna, you must remember that I am speaking of God. There are millions of names of God in different parts of the world, but Krsna is the supreme name according to Vedic knowledge
- When Krsna was chastising Kaliya in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Mother Yasoda began to speak emotionally
- When Lord Caitanya heard Ramananda Raya speak of the loving affairs between Krsna and Radharani, He said, "Please go further. Go on and on"
- When one asks questions about the pastimes and characteristics of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna, three varieties of men are purified: the speaker or preacher, he who inquires, and the people in general who listen - SB 10.1.16
- When the Kauravas, to flatter Baladeva so that He would become their ally, spoke ill of Sri Krsna, Lord Baladeva became angry and spoke this verse - SB 10.68.37
- When the matter remained undecided, Sahadeva began to speak in favor of Lord Krsna
- When there is question of hearing, there must be speaking or chanting. So we are speaking and chanting about Krsna. That is bhakti. Simply always be engaged in hearing and chanting about Krsna. Sravanam kirtanam visnoh
- When they (the cowherd boys) arrived home, they spoke of the wonderful activities of the son of Nanda
- When they still received no reply, the gopis thought, "These plants are all Krsna's maidservants, and out of fear they will not speak to us"
- When we speak of "Krsna," means God. God has got many thousands of name, but this one name is chief. Krsna means "the all-attractive." Krsna attracts everyone. Or one who attracts everyone, He is God
- When we speak of Krsna we refer to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, along with His many expansions. He is expanded by His plenary parts and parcels, His differentiated parts and parcels and His different energies
- When we speak of Krsna, Krsna is not alone. Krsna means His name, His qualities, His fame, His friends, His paraphernalia, His entourage - all of these are included
- When we speak of Krsna, Krsna means God
- Whenever he (the devotee) speaks, he speaks about Krsna
- Whenever we speak of Krsna, we refer to His devotees also, for He is not alone. He is never nirvisesa or sunya, without variety, or zero. Krsna is full of variety, and as soon as Krsna is present, there cannot be any question of void
- While describing the uncommon activities of Krsna before Uddhava, Nanda Maharaja gradually became overwhelmed and could no longer speak
- While Lord Caitanya was speaking to Sanatana Gosvami about the opulences of Krsna, He was deep in ecstasy, and in that transcendental state He cited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- While Sukadeva Gosvami continued to speak on the transcendental pastimes and characteristics of Lord Krsna, King Pariksit, upon hearing him, became more and more enthusiastic and wanted to hear further