This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Madras"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- In Madras we have to construct a very gorgeous temple. In Nellore the owners of the land are putting so many impossible conditions that we cannot construct. So that foundation stone can be brought to Madras and used for the Madras temple
- It is a good idea to use the money which had been collected in Madras to complete the Hyderabad Temple. The immediate necessity must be met first
- Madras especially they are losing interest in Deity worship. Sometimes the political party is insulting. These atheists class of men who have done this, they should be converted into theism by preaching Bhagavad-gita
- Madras is a good field because these people understand English very easily. So you will have very good chance for preaching in English
- Mostly they (people in Madras) are vegetarian, strictly vegetarian. Actually, in southern India, they maintain the Hindu culture. You'll find big high-court judges, they have got tilaka
- The four sons of Usinara were Sibi, Vara, Krmi and Daksa, and from Sibi again came four sons, named Vrsadarbha, Sudhira, Madra and Kekaya. The son of Titiksu was Rusadratha. From Rusadratha came Homa; from Homa, Sutapa; and from Sutapa, Bali
- There were the rulers of Matsya Province, Usinara Province, Kosala Province, Vidarbha Province, Kuru Province, Srnjaya Province, Kamboja Province, Kekaya Province, Madras Province
- They thought, "This Ramananda Raya is the Governor of Madras, a highly learned and grave person, a maha-pandita, but upon touching this sannyasi he has become restless like a madman"
- Whenever the Krsna consciousness movement holds a sankirtana festival in a big city like Calcutta, Bombay, Madras, Ahmedabad or Hyderabad, thousands of people come to hear
- Whose (community of Orissa's) members were sometimes known as kayasthas and sometimes as sudras; his (Bhavananda Raya's) son Ramananda Raya was the governor of Madras under the control of King Prataparudra of Jagannatha Puri
- Yes I will go to the Delhi temple when I come. You make all arrangements so that everything shall be nice there. I will also go to Madras if you arrange
- You have mentioned the idea of having a pandal in Madras between the Mayapur and Vrndavana festivals. This will be nice, if it is practical. If you can arrange it co-operatively with the other leaders, then I shall also come there at that time