Temple of Lord Jagannatha
"temple of lord jagannatha " |"temples of lord jagannatha" |"temple of jagannatha" |"temples of jagannatha" |" jagannatha temples" |"jagannatha temple" |"temple of jagannatha" |"temples of jagannatha" |"temple of Lord Sri Jagannatha"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Jagannatha Temple (70 P)
Pages in category "Temple of Lord Jagannatha"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- After bathing in the sea, Advaita Prabhu and all the other devotees returned, and on their return they saw the top of the Jagannatha temple. They then went to the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to take their luncheon
- After offering the pulp, he meditates outside the temple door. In the meantime, Lord Krsna, having eaten the pulp, leaves the plate empty
- After seeing the dhupa-arati of the Lord, they all began congregational chanting. Then the padicha, the superintendent of the temple, came and offered flower garlands and sandalwood pulp to everyone
- After visiting the temple of Lord Jagannatha, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya returned home with Jagadananda and Damodara
- Alalanatha is also known as Brahmagiri. This place is about fourteen miles from Jagannatha Puri and is also on the beach. There is a temple of Jagannatha there
- Although Haridasa Thakura was the greatest of all Hindus in his behavior, he considered himself a Muhammadan and did not enter the temple. Lord Caitanya could understand his humility
- Another incident in the life of Pundarika Vidyanidhi involves his criticizing the priest of the Jagannatha temple, for which Jagannatha Prabhu chastised him personally by slapping his cheeks
- At Bhuvanesvara (Orissa) I want to construct a Jagannatha temple exactly like that in Puri
- At that very moment, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, after visiting the temple of Jagannatha to see the offering of upala-bhoga (morning refreshments), came with His other devotees to see Haridasa Thakura
- At this time, Kasi Misra, along with the superintendent of the temple, came and offered his respects unto the lotus feet of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannatha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful
- Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannatha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadananda's labor in manufacturing the oil will be perfectly successful
- During the Ratha-yatra festival, when Lord Jagannatha comes out of the temple, I shall give up this body under the wheel of His car
- Following the King's orders, the superintendent of the temple sent large quantities of prasadam every day, and it was carried by many persons
- Following the orders of Maharaja Prataparudra, the temple superintendent, named Tulasi, brought one of Lord Jagannatha's used cloths
- For five days Raghunatha dasa Gosvami took prasadam at the temple, but later he would stand at the Simha-dvara gate and eat only whatever he could gather by alms. Later he lived by taking alms from various chatras, or food distributing centers
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I cannot go near the temple because I am a low-caste, abominable person. I have no authority to go there"
- Haridasa Thakura then expressed his desire, "If I could just get a solitary place near the temple, I could stay there alone and pass my time"
- Haridasa Thakura, although certainly competent and qualified to enter the temple, did not want even to go near it. This is called Vaisnava humility
- He (Caitanya) never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- I do not know what makes the management (at Jagannatha Temple) take this attitude. If you can remove this restriction you will do a great service to the Gaudiya Vaisnava community
- I want to begin work immediately on constructing a temple exactly like Jagannatha's temple in Puri. You can immediately begin to get estimates from contractors. It will be a very important temple
- I want to construct a Jagannatha temple exactly like that in Puri. If you like you can do the full charge to do this job. I shall spend as much money as it is required to do it nicely
- In the garden along the road from the Jagannatha temple to Gundica, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed various pastimes. A brahmana named Krsnadasa performed the bathing ceremony of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In this chapter I have spoken about three topics: Jagadananda Pandita's visit to Vrndavana, Caitanya’s listening to the song of the deva-dasi at the temple of Jagannatha, & how Raghunatha Bhatta achieved ecstatic love of Krsna by the mercy of Caitanya
- It is understood by hearsay that the wife of Indradyumna, the King who established the Jagannatha temple, was known as Gundica. There is also mention of the name of the Gundica temple in authoritative scripture.
- It is very regrettable that these European and American boys who are purely Vaisnava and who follow all principles are not allowed by the rascals to enter the temple
- On the northern side of the Simha-dvara, behind the door, there are twenty-two steps leading to the temple, and at the bottom of those steps is a ditch
- On the southern side, behind and above the twenty-two steps, is a Deity of Lord Nrsimhadeva. It is on the left as one goes up the steps toward the temple
- One day when the Lord was going to the temple of Yamesvara, a female singer began to sing in the Jagannatha temple
- Raghunandana is constantly engaged in serving Lord Krsna in the temple. Beside the entrance of the temple is a lake, and on its banks is a kadamba tree, which daily delivers two flowers to be used for Krsna's service
- Remain here peacefully and look at the cakra on the top of the temple and offer obeisances. As far as your prasadam is concerned, I shall arrange to have that sent here
- Saksi-gopala was situated for some time in the Jagannatha temple. It seems that in the temple of Jagannatha there was some disagreement between Jagannatha and Saksi-gopala, a disagreement called prema-kalaha, a quarrel of love
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya made arrangements to bring various kinds of maha-prasadam from the Jagannatha temple. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then accepted lunch with great happiness
- Saying this, Kasi Misra and the temple inspector took their leave, and Gopinatha and Vaninatha went with them
- She (a female singer in the Jagannatha temple) sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately told Gopinatha Acarya, "Please go with the Vaisnavas and accommodate them in whatever residences Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent offer"
- Subhadra: Daughter of Vasudeva and sister of Lord Sri Krsna. She was not only a very dear daughter of Vasudeva, but also a very dear sister to both Krsna and Baladeva. The two brothers and sister are represented in the famous Jagannatha temple of Puri
- Sundaracala is the Gundica temple. The temple of Jagannatha at Jagannatha Puri is called Nilacala, and the temple at Gundica is called Sundaracala
- The companions of the Lord (Caitanya), who reached the temple a little after Him, heard of the Lord's transcendental feats and of His being carried away by the Bhattacarya. The pilgrims at the temple were still gossiping about the incident
- The Gundica temple is situated two miles northeast of the Jagannatha temple. At the time of the Ratha-yatra festival, Lord Jagannatha goes to the Gundica temple from His original temple and stays there for one week
- The Gundica-mandira is situated in Jagannatha Puri, and every year Jagannatha, Balabhadra and Subhadra come there from the Jagannatha temple to stay for eight days
- The priests immediately brought them flower garlands and prasadam. The temple's watchman, who was named Tulasi, also came and offered his obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The temple (of Lord Jagannatha in Puri) is still visited by thousands of pilgrims daily. This temple is in remembrance of the Lord's visit at Kuruksetra during an occasion of solar eclipse and His subsequent meeting with the residents of Vrndavana
- Then the Lord told Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent, "As for the remnants of food left by Jagannatha, let them be delivered to Vaninatha Raya's charge, for he can take care of all the Vaisnavas and distribute maha-prasadam to them"
- There are many who visit the temple to see Lord Jagannatha regularly every day, and for them His retirement after the bathing ceremony is unbearable
- There is a temple named Gundica at Sundaracala. Lord Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra are pushed in their three cars from the temple in Puri to the Gundica temple in Sundara
- There is no problem for us. Even if we do not enter the temple (in Jagannatha Puri), that is no problem. But if we can start a nice temple, people will come, the same thing as in Vrndavana
- This person from Bengal has washed My feet within the temple of the Personality of Godhead. Not only that, but he has drunk the water himself
- Thus Lord Jagannatha returned to His temple and sat on His throne while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence with His devotees