Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
daytime |"day time"
Pages in category "Daytime"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A wife could not see her husband during the daytime. Householders even had different residential quarters. The internal quarters of a residential house were for the woman, and the external quarters were for the man
- Accompanied during the daytime by the sons of the Prajapati and accompanied at night by his daughters, Laksmidevi worships the Lord during the period known as the Samvatsara in His most merciful form as Kamadeva
- According to the Vedic system, if a person dies during the daytime it is customary for his funeral ceremony to be performed before the sun sets, regardless of whether he is burned or buried
- After working hard during the daytime, a tired man either sleeps or engages in sex habits at night. That is the program of materialistic civilized life for the less intelligent
- Although the effulgence of the moon is brilliant initially at night, in the daytime it fades away. Similarly, although the lotus is beautiful during the daytime, at night it closes
- At night I forget this body, and daytime, I forget the dreaming body. So this is also dreaming, at daytime, because I forget
- At night the snow has no silver glitter, nor does the glowworm have any illuminating power during the daytime
- At night we see everything as one in the darkness, but in daytime, when the sun is up, we see everything in its real identity. Identity with individuality in spiritual life is real knowledge
- At night we sleep or indulge in sex life, and in daytime we earn money. And as soon as we get money, we spend it for the comforts of the world. This is our business
- Boys who are not engaged in the temple service during daytime must try to get some money by working or some other way. Without money it is not possible to exist in the material world
- Brahma's night takes place when Brahma goes to sleep, but in the daytime there are fourteen Manus, one of whom is Caksusa Manu
- During daytime I shall travel and nighttime you make a camp under a tree. In this way let me travel all the tirthas. I am thinking in this way
- During daytime in the autumn, the sun is very scorching, but at night, due to clear moonshine, people get relief from the day’s fatigue. Similarly, one who takes shelter of Mukunda can be saved from the fatigue of misidentifying the body with the self
- During the daytime They (Krsna and Balarama) took lessons on a subject from the teacher, and by nightfall They were expert in that department of knowledge
- During the daytime, the wife is compared to a witch, and at night she is compared to a tigress. Her only business is sucking the blood of her husband both day and night
- During the night's darkness, the glowworm can show some glittering power, and the snow piled up on the top of a hill or on the ground can shine during the daytime
- Each expected victory over the other, but the fighting continued for twenty-eight days, both in daytime and at night, without stopping
- Even fifty years ago in Hindu society, such association was restricted. A wife could not see her husband during the daytime. Householders even had different residential quarters
- Every morning we shall be empty-handed, get collection of a million dollars during the daytime, and by evening it should be all spent. That should be our motto
- God has created so many witnesses. The first witness is surya, the sun. How you can go away from the sunlight? Anywhere you go... We are in this room. Because it is daytime, the sunlight is there. Suryah agnih. Agnih means fire
- Gopis lament: "My dear Krsna, during the daytime when You go out into the forest of Vrndavana with Your cows, we consider one moment to be twelve years, and it is very difficult for us to pass the time"
- I think in our apartment also somebody must remain. In New York also I lost my typewriter, tape recorder. In 72nd St. at daytime, at nine o'clock. I went to take my meals in Dr. Misra's place at about nine, and when I came back I saw the door is broken
- In daytime you see the sunshine and at night you see the moonshine. So if you see the sunshine and moonshine and if you remember Krsna's instructions that "This sunshine, moonshine, I am," so where is the difficulty?
- So-called human society is generally engaged at night in sleeping and having sex and during the daytime in earning as much money as possible or else in shopping for family maintenance. People have very little time to talk about God
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that although it was daytime for Lord Brahma, Brahma felt sleepy for a short time by the supreme will of the Lord. This short period is regarded as Lord Brahma's night
- Sukadeva Goswami analyzes the situation for the karmis in the narration of Bhagavatam as sleeping and indulging in sex-life in the night & in the daytime working hard "Where is money?" & when they have got money, how to accumulate household paraphernalia
- The gopis of Vrndavana were so attached to Krsna that they were not satisfied simply with the rasa dance at night. They wanted to associate with Him and enjoy His company during the daytime also
- The gross materialist who is constantly after sense gratification spends all day earning his livelihood to maintain his family, and at night he wastes his energy in sex enjoyment or else goes to sleep thinking about all he has done in the daytime
- The influence of his (Brahma's) mystic power appeared like snow in darkness or a glowworm in the daytime
- The lifetime of such an envious householder is passed at night either in sleeping or in sex indulgence, and in the daytime either in making money or maintaining family members.
- The materialistic persons, they are sleeping in the matter of spiritual understanding. So therefore the activities which we find in daytime of the materialistic person, actually that is night
- Try to understand that in daytime you are illusioned by this gross body, and at night you are illusioned by the subtle body. So both of them are illusion
- When one wants to supersede a superior power, one's own inferior power becomes ludicrous. Just as a glowworm in the daytime and snow at night have no value, Brahma's mystic power became worthless in the presence of Krsna
- When, however, one is enlightened with the knowledge by which nescience is destroyed, then his knowledge reveals everything, as the sun lights up everything in the daytime