Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Bhagavad-gita
Pages in category "Questions On... Bhagavad-gita"
The following 177 pages are in this category, out of 177 total.
- A statement was made some time ago in a conversation that somebody was looking for the Gita without the Rama. Could you explain what they might be meaning by that?
- Although, Srila Prabhupada, it's somewhat easy for us to convince that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summary study of all the Vedic literatures, how can we take that Bhagavad-gita is the summary study?
- And if he (Blitz) was Krsna before, how is it he's disagreeing with what the Bhagavad-gita says?
- Anything other than this (in Bhagavad-gita it is said, etat jnanam: This is knowledge, and all other things, they are not knowledge) is ignorance?
- Are we not, potentially, not to understand Bhagavad-gita, then (at least you do not understand. That's all)?
- Arjuna had to fight in the war, didn't he? In the Bhagavad-gita, he still had to... But it didn't matter him killing if it was Krsna's responsibility?
- Bhagavad-gita did it take place? There was a battlefield of Kuruksetra?
- Bhagavad-gita teaches us that one should treat a piece of gold and a piece of stone alike. Is it practically considered?
- Bhagavad-gita's Battle of Kuruksetra fought, in which month?
- Bhagavad-gita...is it the proper one?
- But how to make the people realize importance of Bhagavad-gita?
- But Prabhupada, I'm still not quite clear. In other words, we'd teach, for example, like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam (on the varnasrama college)?
- But that (Bhagavad-gita as it is) must be also a translation, mustn't it? Whoever puts it into English
- By this (there are degrees of light), you mean that those who adopt the teachings coming from the Koran or from the Bible is lesser light than from the Gita?
- Can Swamiji please explain how is it that Sanjaya is to Dhrtarastra and how it came to pass that Vyasadeva wrote the Bhagavad-gita?
- Can the Bhagavad-gita be sung?
- Could it be that there may be different interpretations (if you do not accept the direction of the author, then what right you have got to say that you have understood Bhagavad-gita)?
- Did He (Krsna) translate it into English?
- Did Krsna describe to Arjuna the disciplic succession?
- Do you believe that the Gita should be followed as it is or interpretation...?
- Do you feel also that if someone read the Bhagava...?... Bhagavad-gita and other books, that a person merely by reading these could attain knowledge of Krsna?
- Does it say somewhere in the Bhagavad-gita that we shouldn't eat meat?
- Does Krsna speak the Bhagavad-gita in the hellish planets?
- Doesn't Krsna say in the Bhagavad-gita, "I am the spiritual master"?
- Have you tried to compare with Gita written by Gyaneshvara, or by Vinoba Bhave or by somebody else?
- He asks what language we use when we read Bhagavad-gita?
- He has understood from Bhagavad-gita that Krsna says that "As you approach Me, I present Myself." So in that sense can this movement be compared to also the consciousness of Christ, Christ consciousness
- He says, "How is this, that the only thing we've talked about since we've gotten here has been eating of meat? Is that the only thing that the Bhagavad-gita teaches?"
- How can we force the scientists to accept Bhagavad-gita?
- How do we know that the meaning (of Bhagavad-gita) is distorted?
- How does it matter what people call Krsna, whether they call Bhagavan or Visnu or what, Krsna? If it is just only one God. We are talking removing Krsna from Gita but putting Bhagavan there instead of Krsna. How does it matter?
- How does Krsna consciousness relate to the Hindu religion? Because that is also based on the Bhagavad-gita
- How does one know when he has the understanding of the Bhagavad-gita?
- How the evolutionary process is taking place? So that answer is also given in the Bhagavad-gita
- How they are going against it (Bhagavad-gita), Prabhupada?
- I know the translations themselves, they were somewhat changed in Bhagavad-gita As It Is as it came out in Macmillan. Did you like those translations?
- I wanted to know if Bhagavad-gita As It Is, you'd have to read Sanskrit, wouldn't you?
- I wonder if I could ask you first of all to tell me what is the central point of the teaching of Bhagavad-gita?
- I would like to know about what time... (Bhagavad-gita was spoken)?
- I'm not thinking so much of the specific Cantos as the Srimad-Bhagavatam as a whole. Is that, for you, as you see it, more important than Bhagavad-gita?
- I've had one person. He complained, "Why is there no purport for this verse, 'There is no servant in this world more dear to Me than he, nor will there ever be one more dear'?"
- If the Bhagavad-gita is in the Mahabharata - that's itihasa - how did it get the name Upanisad, Gitopanisad?
- If you want to preach some rascal philosophy, you do. Why you take Bhagavad-gita? That is cheating
- In Bhagavad-gita, it says that the soul is immovable. In the Second Chapter there is a verse that says the soul is immovable. What does that mean exactly? Are we not moving?
- In Chapter Four in Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is said that Arjuna was present at the speaking of Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god so many years ago. What position did he have there?
- In Krsna Book and Bhagavad-gita both, you explain there are five states of consciousness, beginning with annamaya, manomaya, pranamaya, like that. Do these states of consciousness manifest in different species of life?
- In the Bhagavad-gita I think you have references such as Arjuna being told not to become attached to the fruit of his actions, but act. Can you give us some idea of the principles which would guide one's action while trying to develop Krsna consciousness?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that, you were lecturing that, that unless one performs the proper samskaras for the children, they will become degraded. They will not follow the regulative principles and such... They become unwanted population?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it says that Brahma is the second spiritual master. I thought that all spiritual masters live forever; but Brahma doesn't live forever
- In the Bhagavad-gita it says that those who are different modes of nature, they have different types of charity and different types of religion. So does this mean religions that are already established in the Vedas or...?
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna says He creates the four varnas and asramas, so these four classes of men are everywhere... Is it correct to say that each man only finds his satisfaction performing a particular type of work according to his mode of nature?
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna tells Arjuna there's more than one method of attaining consciousness of Him, and those methods are suited to various types of people. I wonder if you consider that the chanting method is just one or whether it's the only one
- In the Bhagavad-gita, I'm told that there are some two hundred versions of that. Is that the case?
- In the Bhagavata Purana is there also provision for the Caitanya cult?
- In the course of your lecture this morning, you quoted that verse from the Tenth Chapter, dadami buddhi-yogam tam. When that knowledge comes, the devotee is qualified by some degree of advancement?
- In the Eleventh Chapter of the Gita the Lord has shown His virat-darsana. He has shown Brahma, Visnu, Mahesa, etc. They are all in Him. Subordinate to Him. They are subordinate to Him. Therefore (one should) meditate on Krsna, the only Hare Krsna?
- In the Gita it is said that God helps those who help themselves. Now, how do we determine what we should...?
- In the Vedic civilization there is no such thing as nationalism. You won't find. Have you seen in the Bhagavad-gita any word, "nationalism?" No such thing. This is the original ideas of the tribes. In the jungle there is...
- In what way would we serve your movement by giving a clear explanation about the aims of your activity, for example, removing prejudices and supporting Sanskrit studies and the better distribution of the Bhagavad-gita in this form?
- Is it because the Indians think that they know much about Bhagavad-gita (now all Indians, they should take Bhagavad-gita as it is and make their life fruitful. The Europeans and Americans, they are taking. Why Indians are not taking?)?
- Is it, just to satisfy their own ego that they (interpreters of bhagavad Gita who mislead people) are doing in this way?
- Is Lord Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita different from the one in Bhagavatam?
- Is that a teaching of the Bhagavad-gita, that one should not eat meat?
- Is there a distinction between that mode of goodness described in the Eighteenth Chapter and the Fourteenth Chapter?
- Is there any other books before Bhagavad-gita?
- Is there any reason why you teach your followers the Bhagavad-gita rather than the Bible?
- Is this (vasudeve bhagavati bhakti-yogah prayojitah) in the Gita, in Bhagavad-gita?
- Is this understanding of verse 18, chap. 4, correct; that the sage sees material activities as zero (inaction in action) and sees the devotee seated chanting as eternally active (action in inaction)?
- Is your philosophy, your approach to consciousness, based on the Gita?
- Isn't it at the beginning Arjuna hesitates to kill his family and doesn't want to go to fight, and what he is taught, through Bhagavad-gita in some way is that he should not restrain and that...?
- Isn't the fact that we say that one should give up the cultivation of knowledge in conflict with the first six chapters of Gita which deal with cultivation of knowledge?
- Isn't there something more fundamental than that (actually understand Bhagavad-gita and distribute the knowledge. That is our aim)?
- It (Bhagavad Gita) starts in Chapter Two with the question of what is atma?
- It is said in the Bhagavad-gita that if one thinks at the time of death, if he thinks of Krsna, he goes to Krsna. What if one thinks of his spiritual master?
- It is the Gita that you stress on or the Bhagavatam?
- It is what? Sarva-dharman parityajya?
- It is written in Gita the soul never dies. When the soul does not die, where does it go after that?
- It says in the Bhagavad-gita that the om sound, omkara, is a representation of Krsna. Is it different from the Hare Krsna mantra?
- It says in the Bhagavad-gita that when, if one performs devotional service, then his result is never lost. Then how was it possible for Ajamila to lose all his devotional service to Visnu by associating with a prostitute?
- It seems to me almost daily that the next processes in life are the much more interesting and exciting ones. But when I hear you speak of Bhagavad-gita and so on, I know nothing about these people. So now where do I start?
- Krsna is telling to Arjuna where to act, and how to act, and what to act, that is "Fight." And at that moment He is telling to fight the Kauravas. Now, we are confused here, that what is our fight? What is our fight?
- Krsna says that karma is concluded yat karosi yad asnasi, jnana is concluded bahunam janmanam ante jnanavan mam prapadyate, and yoga is concluded yoginam api sarvesam. Krsna says, concluding, sarva-dharman parityajya. Is there some conc...?
- Krsna says, "Those who repeat this message of Bhagavad-gita, are most dear friends to me, and there's no one more dear to Me than he..." Wouldn't that indicate that a preacher is higher than a worker?
- Krsna was talking to Arjuna, and it said that Krsna said to Arjuna, "When you realize Me or when you realize God, or Krsna, you will see the whole of creation (sic:) withinside Me and withinside yourself." Is that a true translation?
- Lord Krsna preached Bhagavad-gita in battlefield of Kuruksetra, and it is afterwards written by Vyasadeva. Did Vyasadeva got it out of his meditation, or how the actual thing which was conveyed to Arjuna again took a shape in Bhagavad-gita?
- Lord Krsna says, kama esa krodha esa rajo-guna-samudbhavah. The kama... Where is the beginning of this kama?
- Many translations of the Bhagavad-gita and the Upanisads that professors or students have read are all impersonal. What is the best way to convince them that the Mayavada philosophy, or monism, is not the original Hindu tradition of understanding?
- My question is: A pure devotee, when he comments Bhagavad-gita, someone who never sees him physically, but he just comes in contact with his commentary, explanation, is this the same thing?
- Of the abridged edition (that Bhagavad-gita, abridged edition, we have 300,000?)?
- Okay, you present Bhagavad-gita as being the evidence for Krsna, but so many people interpret Bhagavad-gita. So where is the proof that it is miraculous if so many people debate it?
- One must understand Bhagavad-gita before Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- One other thing that interested me was the idea that Arjuna was in some way deliberately misguided, planned almost to be misguided in the Bhagavad-gita. How, how is this work, like?
- Our request is how best we can intimate the teachings of Gita in the spreading of this... How to intimate in our daily life...?
- Out of stock? So they will print it (Bhagavad-gita As It Is) again, no?
- Perhaps the battlefield in the Bhagavad-gita is the battlefield of Arjuna's mind, and Krsna is trying to push him to go into battle against the forces of his senses, as characterized by Duryodhana. What do you think about that?
- Prabhupada, in one purport in the Bhagavad-gita, you write that a disciple of a bona fide spiritual master is supposed to know everything... But how could he know...? What does that mean, "everything"?
- Prabhupada, is the best method to read Bhagavad-gita?
- Prabhupada, Lord Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that when there is decline of true religion and when evil increases in the world, that He manifests Himself. Is He here in the human form or is He still to come?
- Prabhupada, what about in the case where you have this ideal civilization with the brahmanas instructing, but the brahmanas don't agree? Just like in Bhagavad-gita, the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, there were many brahmanas, but they didn't agree
- Prabhupada, what is a Manu, and how is Manu the father of mankind, as it is stated in Bhagavad-gita?
- Prabhupada?... What does the sloka in Bhagavad-gita that says, action in inaction and inaction in action...?
- Process as laid down in Gita ("Neither poverty is check nor material opulence is check. Anyone can understand if he follows the principle or process")?
- Regarding your philosophical question, if the Bhagavad gita is part of Mahabharata which is considered smrti, how can we claim Bhagavad gita to be GITOPANISAD, or one of the Upanisads which are sruti?
- Regarding your question about the term "unmanifest'' in the Bhagavad-gita
- Regarding your questions with reference to B.G. III,5, and the Vedic hymn quoted in the purport to B.g. 14.15 and the statement ". . . when the living entity is bewildered in his desires, the Lord allows him to fulfill those desires . . ."
- Should we just completely devote all our time to studying the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and then progress from there, or should we continue our study of the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Since you are following Bhagavad-gita, do you believe in dvaita philosophy or advaita philosophy?
- Sir, I want to ask a question. In Bhagavad-gita He says, "I am in them, and I am not in them also." That means, sir, both His, all the beings are in the...
- So what is our answer to such persons (They don't accept Bhagavad-gita)?
- SP, in the Bhagavad-gita it says that if a man simply works for Krsna, he can come to the perfect stage... When he fixes his mind on Krsna... But... If a man simply works for Krsna for his whole life, yet he doesn't follow the regulative principles...?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Bhagavad-gita it says that "Out of millions of men, only one may come to know Me, and of millions who know Me, only one can understand." What are ways...?
- Srila Prabhupada, in the Bhagavad-gita it says that happiness in the mode of goodness is in the beginning is like poison but at the end it is like nectar. Where does the poison end and where does the sweetness begin?
- Srila Prabhupada, is that what it means in the Bhagavad-gita when Krsna says that we have to go sruti-vipratipanna, we have to go beyond just hearing about these different...?
- Srila Prabhupada, just this objection was that in this statement of Bhagavad-gita doesn't clearly say no reason you should not have sex life outside married life, they say they state religious principles, but this is...?
- Srila Prabhupada, when we are preaching to Christian people or to Muslim people, is there advantage in being familiar with their scriptures or simply Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Srila Prabhupada? Which is the most important chapter of the Bhagavad-gita?
- Swamiji, how different is this Chapter Six different from the Patanjali's yoga-sastra and the raja-yoga?
- Swamiji, if you understand the message of Gita, that Krsna says, recommends even-mindedness and... Samata… And do not grieve because this body is meant for death. Now, I think also... Then also compassion will come in, yeah?
- The Bhagavad-gita - do you accept that as it's historically an historical fact?
- The Bhagavad-gita has stated that whatever one's consciousness is during his lifetime will be at the time of his death, and that will determine his next body. Now, one who is living very lustily during his lifetime, his mind will be on that body
- The Bhagavad-gita says that Lord Brahma is a conditioned soul. Then how was it possible for him to impart the Vedas to a non-conditioned soul - Narada Muni?
- The problem is that Gita was written down or dictated or recited about five thousand years back. So what was there before five thousand years back? Was there Krsna consciousness?
- The purport of verse number forty-two, it divides spiritual activities into two. Is this first division Paramatma realization and the second division is realization of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- The simple version (of Bhagavad gita) is there also for a layman like us who do not know?
- Then we have got a test tube, statement of Krsna. Then what class of man he is? If he does not believe in God, if he does not know what is God, what is our relationship with God, then what class of man he is? So we have got this test tube of Bhagavad-gita
- Then who is the Gita-pracara?
- There are many books available in the market, full of good instruction, knowledge, but why we are giving so much stress on the Bhagavad-gita? Because it is spoken by a personality who is above all imperfections
- There are so many translations (of the Gita). How does one decide...?
- There's no such diversity of interpretation of the Bhagavad-gita?
- This (the ten tikas) is published?
- This is the Sixth Chapter Bhagavad-gita? Is that what you're quoting (tad-gatena manasa pasyanti yam yoginah)?
- To think in spatial terms, and it's possibly hang-ups from Christian theology, in a sense, that I wanted to persist with this questioning even further about, you know, the real nature, as far as the Bhagavad-gita gives it to us
- We printed that little Bhagavad-gita, remember? That we've distributed twenty-five thousand. So seventy-five thousand Bhagavad-gita one year
- Well, which is the original (Bhagavad-gita)? It's the same as the Bible
- What does it mean in the Gita, Prabhupada, when Krsna says only the modes of material nature are acting?
- What does it mean when Krsna has told Arjuna, in the battlefield that "Do you think either you or I were not there in the past? And you and I will not be...?"
- What does that mean, equal vision ("the humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision the learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)")?
- What He said? Avajananti ma mudhah
- What is the meaning of "as it is."?
- What is the means by which we know what Gita says to us, Swamiji?
- What is this book?
- What is this greatness, that, to know the divinity when Lord Krsna says that "Those who know that I am divine and..." Janma karma ca me divyam (BG 4.9). How... What is the real meaning of knowing it, I mean. I read it ten times
- What is wrongly preached about Gita?
- What students can do? In the topic of... (the different interpretations of Bhagavad Gita), what students can do?
- What would you regard to be the essence of Bhagavad-gita?
- When in the Bhagavad-gita it says that the maha-mantra cleanses the heart and soul, does that mean that when you just, like automatically say the word, will that cleanse your heart? Or should you try and remember Krsna with every word and every sound?
- When in the Gita it listed the different kinds of sacrifices, it said that sacrifices to the demigods can bring us to Krsna consciousness. How is this?
- When they come to our (varnasrama) college, they have to follow the four regulative principles, also learn something about Bhagavad-gita and then, side by side, they learn a...?
- When was it written, the Bhagavad-gita?
- When we say that Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that asked him to fight, kill his own relatives and friends and not to bother about the consequences of the action. Now this statement sometimes is difficult for people of the West to understand?
- Where is it written in Bhagavad-gita that sexual intercourse is only allowed in married life?
- Which I think are generally quite good, his essays on the Gita themselves. Are there places there that you would strongly disagree with in his, what he (Sri Aurobindo) says?
- Which sloka from Gita, it is from Gita? Bhagavad-gita (sa gunan samatityaitan)?
- Who has written that? Srila Vyasa
- Who has written the Bhagavad-gita?
- Who is the original authority of Bhagavad-gita?
- Who knows it? Ask big, big leaders, big, big scholars of Bhagavad-gita. They are concerned with this body. Nobody is interested with the active principle within the body. So what do they know about Bhagavad-gita?
- Why are there apparent time-gaps in the line of disciplic succession as listed in the Bhagavad-gita? Is Arjuna an instructor Spiritual Master and not an initiator Spiritual Master and therefore not listed?
- Why don't we go back to Vedas, and then we will know the Bhagavad-gita also?
- Why have you written Bhagavad-gita as it really is? Why?
- Why is that (Bhagavata meant for who is no more envious. Simply loving) more necessary for Srimad-Bhagavatam than for Bhagavad-gita?
- Why not start an authoritative group of Christians who chant Hare Krsna, who study the Bible and read the Bhagavad-gita?
- Why shouldn't the word surrender be cancelled in the Bhagavad-gita where Krsna says to Arjuna, "You should give up all types of religion and surrender unto Me"? Why shouldn't this word be cancelled, the word surrender?
- Would you say that this is a return to this Bhagavad-gita?
- Yadava Krsna spoke with Arjuna... It was the personal God Himself or it was an incarnation, this Krsna which is in Bhagavad-gita?
- Yes, everyone can see (Bhagavad-gita). Who has given such information? All practical. (...) It is the greatest miracle
- You want me to do Nectar of Devotion and then Krsna and then Bhagavad-gita, in that order?
- You want the translation to it (Bg 2.13)?
- You want to film the Bhagavad-gita, Swamiji?
- Your first question about the jiva's form with particular reference to Bhagavad-gita 8.18 purport "during the nighttime they have no form"
- Your fourth question, about the "life force'' mentioned in Chap. 4 of the Bhagavad-gita...
- Your volumes are dealing with each chapter of Gita?