Bhagavatam Verses Spoken by Yudhisthira Maharaja - Vaniquotes
Pages in category "Bhagavatam Verses Spoken by Yudhisthira Maharaja - Vaniquotes"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- A father and mother are always affectionate to their children. When the children are disobedient the parents chastise them, not due to enmity but only for the child's instruction and welfare
- All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness. I (Yudhisthira Maharaja) do not know what sort of calamities are now awaiting us
- Although these two men - Sisupala and Dantavakra - repeatedly blasphemed the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Visnu (Krsna), the Supreme Brahman, they were quite healthy
- Are all the chieftain sons of Lord Krsna, such as Susena, Carudesna, Samba the son of Jambavati, and Rsabha, along with their sons, all doing well?
- Are Ugrasena, whose son was the mischievous Kamsa, & his younger brother still living? Are Hrdika & his son Krtavarma happy? Are Akrura, Jayanta, Gada, Sarana & Satrujit all happy? How is Balarama, the Personality of Godhead & the protector of devotees?
- As it is not possible to filter muddy water through mud, or purify a wine-stained pot with wine, it is not possible to counteract the killing of men by sacrificing animals
- From Him only, all our kingly opulence, good wives, lives, progeny, control over our subjects, victory over our enemies, and future accommodations in higher planets have become possible. All this is due to His causeless mercy upon us
- From the very beginning of his childhood, when he could not even speak properly, Sisupala, began blaspheming the Lord, and he continued to be envious of Sri Krsna until death. Similarly, his brother Dantavakra continued the same habits
- Has someone addressed you with unfriendly words or threatened you? Could you not give charity to one who asked, or could you not keep your promise to someone?
- Have you (Arjuna) contacted a woman of impeachable character, or have you not properly treated a deserving woman? Or have you been defeated on the way by someone who is inferior or equal to you?
- Have you (Arjuna) not taken care of old men and boys who deserve to dine with you? Have you left them and taken your meals alone? Have you committed some unpardonable mistake which is considered to be abominable?
- Here in this particular verse the Lord is described as bhagavan, govinda, brahmanya and bhakta-vatsala
- His (Vasudeva) seven wives, headed by Devaki, are all sisters. Are they and their sons and daughters-in-law all happy?
- How is Pradyumna, the great general of the Vrsni family? Is He happy? And is Aniruddha, the plenary expansion of the Personality of Godhead, faring well?
- How was it possible for Sisupala and Dantavakra in the presence of many exalted persons, to enter very easily into the body of Krsna, whose nature is difficult to attain
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many friends of women, and I have thus caused enmity to such an extent that it is not possible to undo it by material welfare work
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- Indeed, their (Sisupala's and Dantavakra's) tongues were not attacked by white leprosy, nor did they enter the darkest region of hellish life. We are certainly most surprised by this
- Is He going to quit His earthly pastimes, as Devarsi Narada indicated? Has that time already arrived?
- Is Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who gives pleasure to the cows, the senses and the brahmanas, who is very affectionate towards His devotees, enjoying the pious assembly at Dvaraka Puri surrounded by friends?
- Is my (Yudhisthira's) respectable grandfather Surasena in a happy mood? And are my maternal uncle Vasudeva and his younger brothers all doing well?
- It appears from this verse that during the time of the Pandavas free contact between man and woman was allowed in certain conditions only
- Just see how the smoke encircles the sky. It appears that the earth and mountains are throbbing. Just hear the cloudless thunder and see the bolts from the blue
- Just see! This pigeon is like a messenger of death. The shrieks of the owls and their rival crows make my (Yudhisthira Maharaja's) heart tremble. It appears that they want to make a void of the whole universe
- Just see, O Bhima, how the she jackal cries at the rising sun and vomits fire, and how the dog barks at me fearlessly
- Just see, O man with a tiger's strength (Bhima), how many miseries due to celestial influences, earthly reactions and bodily pains - all very dangerous in themselves - are foreboding danger in the near future by deluding our intelligence
- Maharaja Yudhisthira further inquired: How was it possible for a father to be so violent toward an exalted son who was obedient, well-behaved and respectful to his father?
- Maharaja Yudhisthira inquired from Narada Muni: O my lord, O great sage, kindly explain how we who are staying at home without knowledge of the goal of life may also easily attain liberation, according to the instructions of the Vedas
- Maharaja Yudhisthira inquired: It is very wonderful that the demon Sisupala merged into the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead even though extremely envious
- Maharaja Yudhisthira inquired: What kind of great curse could affect even liberated visnu-bhaktas, and what sort of person could curse even the Lord's associates? For unflinching devotees of the Lord to fall again to this material world is impossible
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said to his younger brother Bhimasena, I sent Arjuna to Dvaraka to meet his friends and to learn from the Personality of Godhead Krsna of His program of work
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: For what reason did the demon Maya Danava vanquish Lord Siva's reputation? How did Lord Krsna save Lord Siva and expand his reputation again? Kindly describe these incidents
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: Is it that you are feeling empty for all time because you might have lost your most intimate friend, Lord Krsna? O my brother Arjuna, I can think of no other reason for your becoming so dejected
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear brother (Arjuna), please tell me whether our friends and relatives, such as Madhu, Bhoja, Dasarha, Arha, Satvata, Andhaka and the members of the Yadu family are all passing their days in happiness
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear lord, I wish to hear from you about the principles of religion by which one can attain the ultimate goal of life - devotional service. I wish to hear about the general occupational duties of human society
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: O godly personality (Narada), I do not know where my two uncles have gone. Nor can I find my ascetic aunt who is grief-stricken by the loss of all her sons
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, full of anxiety, turned to Sanjaya, who was sitting there, and said: O Sanjaya, where is our uncle, who is old and blind?
- My brother Arjuna, please tell me whether your health is all right. You appear to have lost your bodily luster. Is this due to others disrespecting and neglecting you because of your long stay at Dvaraka?
- My Lord, devotees like your good self are verily holy places personified. Because you carry the Personality of Godhead within your heart, you turn all places into places of pilgrimage
- My uncle Dhrtarastra was also very mortified due to the death of all his sons and grandsons. Undoubtedly I am very ungrateful. Did he, therefore, take my offenses very seriously and, along with his wife, drown himself in the Ganges?
- My uncle, you must have visited Dvaraka. In that holy place are our friends & well-wishers, the descendants of Yadu, who are always rapt in the service of Krsna. You might have seen them or heard about them. Are they all living happily in their abodes?
- O best of the brahmanas, you are directly the son of Prajapati (Lord Brahma). Because of your austerities, mystic yoga and trance, you are considered the best of all of Lord Brahma's sons
- O best of the saints among the demigods, O best of spiritual leaders, how did Hiranyakasipu give so much trouble to Prahlada Maharaja, the pure and exalted saint, although Prahlada was his own son? I wish to know about this subject from you
- O Bhimasena, tiger amongst men, now useful animals like cows are passing me (Yudhisthira Maharaja) on my left side, and lower animals like the asses are circumambulating me. My horses appear to weep upon seeing me
- O brahmana, O master, I have never heard of such a contradiction as an affectionate father's punishing his noble son with the intention of killing him. Kindly dissipate our doubts in this regard
- O great sage, we are all eager to know the cause for this mercy of the Lord. I have heard that formerly a king named Vena blasphemed the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that all the brahmanas consequently obliged him to go to hell
- Simply by administering comforts at the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna), which is the most important of all services, the queens at Dvaraka, headed by Satyabhama, induced the Lord to conquer the demigods
- Since he (Arjuna) departed, seven months have passed, yet he has not returned. I (Yudhisthira) do not know factually how things are going there
- Sisupala should also have been sent to hell. How then did he merge into the Lord's existence
- Srutadeva, Uddhava and others, Nanda, Sunanda and other leaders of liberated souls who are constant companions of the Lord are protected by Lord Balarama and Krsna
- The bodies of the inhabitants of Vaikuntha are completely spiritual, having nothing to do with the material body, senses or life air
- The calves do not suck the teats of the cows, nor do the cows give milk. They are standing, crying, tears in their eyes, and the bulls take no pleasure in the pasturing grounds
- The good King (Yudhisthira) inquired: O great souls, will he become as saintly a king, as pious in his very name and as famous and glorified in his achievements, as others who appeared in this great royal family?
- The great heroes of the Yadu dynasty, being protected by the arms of Sri Krsna, always remain fearless in every respect. & therefore their feet trample over the Sudharma assembly house, which the best demigods deserved but which was taken away from them
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The members of the Yadu dynasty, being protected by the arms of the Lord, are enjoying life like the residents of the spiritual sky
- The original Personality of Godhead, the enjoyer, and Balarama, the primeval Lord Ananta, are staying in the ocean of the Yadu dynasty for the welfare, protection and general progress of the entire universe
- The rays of the sun are declining, and the stars appear to be fighting amongst themselves. Confused living entities appear to be ablaze and weeping
- The wind blows violently, blasting dust everywhere and creating darkness. Clouds are raining everywhere with bloody disasters
- There is no sin for a king who kills for the right cause, who is engaged in maintaining his citizens. But this injunction is not applicable to me
- Therefore, kindly explain how associates of the Personality of Godhead were cursed to descend in material bodies like ordinary persons
- This matter is undoubtedly very wonderful. Indeed, my intelligence has become disturbed, just as the flame of a candle is disturbed by a blowing wind. O Narada Muni, you know everything. Kindly let me know the cause of this wonderful event
- This sayujya-mukti is impossible to attain even for great transcendentalists. How then did the enemy of the Lord attain it
- Thus the queens enjoy things which are prerogatives of the wives of the controller of thunderbolts
- When my (Yudhisthira) father, Pandu, fell down and we were all small children, these two uncles gave us protection from all kinds of calamities. They were always our good well-wishers. Alas, where have they gone from here?
- Where is my (Yudhisthira) well-wisher, uncle Vidura, and mother Gandhari, who is very afflicted due to all her sons' demise?
- While traveling on the surface of the earth, how did you (Vidura) maintain your livelihood? At which holy places and pilgrimage sites did you render service?
- You (Arjuna) are always the protector of the deserving living beings, such as brahmanas, children, cows, women and the diseased. Could you not give them protection when they approached you for shelter?
- You (Narada) are like a captain of a ship in a great ocean and you can direct us to our destination. Thus addressed, the godly personality, Devarsi Narada, greatest of the philosopher devotees, began to speak