"Bhoja dynasty" | "Bhoja dynasties" | Bhojas | "descendants of Vrsni, Bhoja" | "Vrsni and Bhoja" | "Bhoja kings" | "descendants of Bhoja" | "Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties" | "Bhoja family" | "Bhoja and Yadu dynasties" | "Bhoja, Vrsni and Andhaka dynasties"
Pages in category "Bhoja Dynasty"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A few months passed, and then, bewildered by Krsna, all the descendants of Vrsni, Bhoja and Andhaka who were incarnations of demigods went to Prabhasa, while those who were eternal devotees of the Lord did not leave but remained in Dvaraka
- According to the time and circumstances, He (Krsna) spoke as follows, "You are the subject of the King of the Bhojas, and you live in the jungle. We are also indirectly his subjects, and We try to please him as far as possible"
- All of them (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja), being permitted by the brahmanas, partook of the remnants of prasada and also drank liquor made of rice
- All the activities of the Yadus and Bhojas were executed by the internal potency of the Lord because He wanted them to be dispatched to their respective abodes after He had finished His mission of descent
- All the watchmen very quickly approached King Kamsa, the ruler of the Bhoja dynasty, and submitted the news of the birth of Devaki's child. Kamsa, who had awaited this news very anxiously, immediately took action - SB 10.4.2
- Among the Bhojas, Vrsnis, Andhakas, Pandavas and many other kings intimately related with Krsna, the intimate relationship between Krsna and the inhabitants of Vrndavana is especially to be noted
- An exhibition of His (Lord Krsna) internal potency is eternal, and therefore one should not conclude that the Yadus and Bhojas died in a drunken state in an ordinary fratricidal war. Sri Jiva Gosvami comments on these incidents as magical performances
- Apart from the grammatical elucidation, the real purpose of the word nidhanam is to indicate that all the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties were direct associates of the Lord
- As Bhogavati, the capital of Nagaloka, is protected by the Nagas, so was Dvaraka protected by the descendants of Vrsni - Bhoja, Madhu, Dasarha, Arha, Kukura, Andhaka, etc. - who were as strong as Lord Krsna
- Assisted by the descendants of Bhoja, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Surasena, Dasarha, Kuru, Srnjaya and Pandu, Lord Krsna performed various activities
- Because she (Devaki) was now married to Vasudeva, she was para-stri, another man's wife, and if such a woman were killed, not only would Kamsa be implicated in sinful activities, but his reputation as king of the Bhoja dynasty would be damaged
- Because Ugrasena was the King of the Bhojas, he was considered the chief Yadu, and therefore the visitors specifically addressed him
- Being harassed by Kamsa, the kings of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties began to take shelter in different states, such as the state of the Kurus, the state of the Pancalas and the states known as Kekaya, Salva, Vidarbha, Nisadha, Videha and Kosala
- By drinking they (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) all became delirious, and, bereft of knowledge, they touched the cores of each other's hearts with harsh words
- By such drinking they (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) became delirious and bereft of sense, so much so that they forgot their relationship with one another and used harsh words which touched the cores of each other's hearts
- In the dynasty of King Mahabhoja, who was exceedingly religious, there appeared the Bhoja kings
- It appears that in those days in the western part of India there were many small kingdoms, ruled by the Yadu dynasty, Andhaka dynasty, Vrsni dynasty and Bhoja dynasty
- It is not possible that they could offend any saintly man or sage, nor could the sages, who were all pure devotees of the Lord, be influenced to anger by any of the sporting activities of the princes born in the holy dynasties of Yadu or Bhoja
- It is said that Kamsa was the most demoniac of all the Bhoja dynasty kings. Immediately after hearing the prophecy from the sky, he caught hold of Devaki’s hair and was just about to kill her with his sword
- Kamsa broke the solidarity of the Yadu kingdom, as well as the Bhoja and Andhaka. He made his position the most solid within the vast tract of land known at that time as Bharata-varsa
- Kamsa said, "If somehow or other Krsna & Balarama escape, They will next meet the wrestlers & will be killed by them. That is my plan. & after killing these two boys, I shall kill Vasudeva & Nanda, who are supporters of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties"
- Kamsa said, "My dear Akrura, actually I have no better friend than you in the Bhoja and Yadu dynasties. You are the most munificent person, so as a friend I am begging charity from you"
- Kamsa was a condemned personality in the Bhoja dynasty because he was envious and sinful - SB 10.1.35
- Kamsa was the most demoniac of all the Bhoja dynasty kings. Immediately after hearing the prophecy from the sky, he caught hold of Devaki's hair and was just about to kill her with his sword. Vasudeva was astonished at Kamsa's behavior
- Kamsa was the son of Ugrasena, of the Bhoja dynasty
- Kamsa, the most powerful son of Ugrasena, even imprisoned his own father, the King of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties, and personally ruled the states known as Surasena - SB 10.1.69
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: demon Aghasura, demon Mustika, demon Arista, demon Dvivida
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: demon Putana, demon Kesi and demon Dhenuka
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: the demon Pralamba, demon Baka, demon Canura, demon Trnavarta
- Ksatriyas (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) are permitted to drink at certain occasions, so they all drank a kind of light liquor made of rice
- Maharaja Ugrasena belonged to the Bhoja dynasty; therefore Krsna indirectly declared that the King of the Bhoja dynasty would be the emperor of the other small kingdoms
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear brother (Arjuna), please tell me whether our friends and relatives, such as Madhu, Bhoja, Dasarha, Arha, Satvata, Andhaka and the members of the Yadu family are all passing their days in happiness
- Mathura City contained different communities, known then as Dasarha, Bhoja, Andhaka and Satvata. All these communities were different branches of the same family in which Krsna appeared, namely the Yadu dynasty
- My (Vasudeva's) dear brother-in-law Kamsa, you are the pride of the Bhoja dynasty, and great heroes praise your qualities. How could such a qualified person as you kill a woman, your own sister, especially on the occasion of her marriage? - SB 10.1.37
- O King of the Bhoja dynasty, beginning today we (Kamsa's ministers) shall kill all the children born in all the villages, towns and pasturing grounds within the past ten days or slightly more - SB 10.4.31
- O my friend, (tell me) whether Ugrasena, the King of the Satvatas, Vrsnis, Bhojas and Dasarhas, is now doing well. He went far away from his kingdom, leaving aside all hopes of his royal throne, but Lord Krsna again installed him
- Once upon a time, great sages were made angry by the sporting activities of the princely descendants of the Yadu and Bhoja dynasties, and thus, as desired by the Lord, the sages cursed them
- The associates of the Lord who were playing the part of princely descendants of the Yadu and Bhoja dynasties were not ordinary living entities
- The Bhoja dynasty refers to those who were simply interested in sense gratification and were therefore not very aristocratic. Another meaning of bhoja is "fighting." These were indications of defamation for Kamsa
- The demigods said: You (Mother Devaki) should not be afraid of your brother, the King of Bhoja. Your son Lord Krsna, who is the original Personality of Godhead, will appear for the protection of the pious Yadu dynasty
- The descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja formally took permission from the brahmanas and ate the prepared foodstuff
- The descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja were not expected to forget themselves in this way, but by the will of the Supreme it happened, and thus they became harsh towards one another
- The King inquired: At the end of the pastimes of the Lord of the three worlds, Sri Krsna, and after the disappearance of the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties, who were the best of the great commanders, why did Uddhava alone remain?
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, being prayed to by Brahma to bring welfare to the earth, was begotten by Vasudeva in the womb of his wife Devaki in the prison of the King of Bhoja
- The visitors said, "Your Majesty Ugrasena, King of the Bhojas, factually the Yadus are the only persons within this world who are perfect in all respects. All glories unto you! All glories unto you"
- The Vrsnis and Bhojas were directly dispatched because they had no attraction for material planets. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also suggests that according to the Amara-kosa dictionary, akrti also means "signal."
- The word upagatesu is also significant. All the members of Vrsni and Bhoja directly reached the abode of the Lord
- They (the marriage party) reached the town of Bhojakata, and the marriage ceremony was peacefully performed
- To His parents, Nanda and Yasoda, Krsna is just a baby; to Kamsa, the King of Bhoja, He is death personified; to the dull and stupid He is just like a stone and to the yogis He is the Supreme Absolute Truth
- To the parents of Krsna, Nanda and Yasoda, He appeared to be the most loving child. To Kamsa, the king of the Bhoja dynasty, He appeared to be death personified. To the unintelligent, He appeared to be an incapable personality