vaisnavism | vaishnavism
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Hinduism (2 C, 22 P)
- ► Vaisnava Line (1 P)
Pages in category "Vaisnavism"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the acarya of the Tattvavada sampradaya became very much ashamed. Upon observing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's rigid faith in Vaisnavism, he was struck with wonder
- Although preaching is not meant for a maha-bhagavata, a maha-bhagavata can descend to the platform of madhyama-bhagavata just to convert others to Vaisnavism
- As previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu converted to Vaisnavism many people He met on the road. After some days, the Lord reached the banks of the river Godavari
- I have started a small Ashram at the above address and young American students are taking very great interest in the philosophy of Vaisnavism based on the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- I said in many lectures that Christianism means Vaisnavism. Where is the Christian?
- In Los Angeles it is very freely going on. In the name of Vaisnavism they are drawing salary, living comfortably, having sense enjoyment. This is not good, not at all. So you all high officers, you think over it and do the needful
- In the Twenty-fifth Chapter there is a description of how the residents of Varanasi were converted to Vaisnavism and how the Lord returned to Nilacala (Jagannatha Puri) from Varanasi
- In this way the Lord went to the extreme southern part of India, and He converted all the provinces to Vaisnavism
- Initiated members shall adhere his body with the marks of Vaisnavism. He shall chant the holy name of God systematically & regularly according to the rules of the Goswamis
- It is still a respectful practice to circumambulate the Lord in Hindu temples. Especially in Vaisnava temples there is an arrangement for people to offer their respects to the Deity and circumambulate the temple at least three times
- Seeing that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was firmly fixed in the cult of Vaisnavism, Gopinatha Acarya, his brother-in-law, began to dance, clap his hands and chant, "Hari! Hari"
- Since we are all pledged to work for Krsna we should follow the principle of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu trnad api sunicena taror api sahisnuna. This is Vaisnavism. So my request is do not be agitated. Let us do our duty honestly
- So this is Vaisnavism, to follow the previous acarya. This is Vaisnavism
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the Tattvavadis were very proud of their Vaisnavism. He therefore smiled and began to speak to them
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has given some practical hints to the effect that an uttama-adhikari Vaisnava can be recognized by his ability to convert many fallen souls to Vaisnavism
- That is Vaisnavism. We don't manufacture ideas. We don't commit such rascaldom. We simply accept the behavior or the activities of previous acaryas. There is no difficulty
- The asuras perpetually struggle to persecute the Vaisnavas because they do not want Vaisnavism to spread
- The exchange between God and the living entity is called sanatana-dharma or Vaisnavism. So we are teaching that. We are not teaching Hinduism, Muslimism, Christianism. We are teaching how to love God
- The present-day village of Prembagh, which lies near Ramshara in the Jessore district of Bangladesh, is said by many to be the site of Kumaradeva's house. Of his many sons, three took to the path of Vaisnavism
- The principles of Vaisnavism are to satisfy the Lord by all means
- This Krsna consciousness movement is not Hinduism. It is Vaisnavism. Vaisnava means Visnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and one who loves Visnu or loves God, he is Vaisnava. So Hinduism is not like that
- We can enjoy only what comes from Visnu as a token of His kindness. We must not enjoy anything that is not offered by Him. We should not make any extra effort to obtain anything which belongs to Him or others. That is the spirit of Vaisnavism
- We want to serve Krsna. We want to offer everything to Krsna. We do not want to enjoy anything ourself. That is Vaisnavism
- When the Lord toured South India, He delivered many people, and when He traveled in the western sector, He similarly converted many people to Vaisnavism
- When Vallabha Bhatta heard from the mouth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu about the pure Vaisnavism of all these devotees, he immediately desired to see them