Lord it Over
"lording it over"|"lord over"|"lord it over"
- Vedabase query: "lording it over"|"lord over"|"lord it over" not "material nature"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Lord it Over"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- Aggression for the cause of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is pure. If you become completely absorbed in such aggression to spread Sankirtana Movement, there will be no question of wanting to lord it over in the temple
- Although qualitatively one with the Supreme Lord, the living entity has the tendency to lord it over material nature; however, being infinitesimal, he is actually controlled by material nature
- As soon as our original consciousness becomes polluted with the consciousness of material enjoyment, that "I want to lord it over the resources of matter..." As soon as we turn our consciousness in this way, then our troubles begin
- Because of their pious activities, the sakama devotees are promoted to the higher planetary systems, but at heart they still desire to lord it over the material resources
- Because the Personality of Godhead and His expanded bodies are always full of knowledge, bliss and eternity, they are always free from the eighteen kinds of material contaminations
- By sufficient hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the polluted aim of life, namely lording it over matter, will subside, and the people in general in all parts of the world will be able to live a peaceful life of knowledge and bliss
- Demigods are devotees of the Lord in the material world, and when completely free from all material desire to lord it over the material energy they become pure devotees and have no desire but to serve the Lord
- Designations and attachments are due to our lust and desire, our wanting to lord it over the material nature. BG 1972 Introduction
- Dhrtarastra and his materialistic sons wanted to falsely lord it over the world by dint of their own strength. The Lord encouraged them in this, and thus they became more and more bewildered
- Due to this false ego of lording it over the material creation, ingredients are generated for the false enjoyment of the living being
- In the conditioned material world, every living being wants to be the Lord of other living beings, and thus by the illusion of maya this mentality of lording it over becomes a cause of further extension of conditional life
- In the field of nescience, activities are directed toward lording it over the creation. In the material world everyone is engaged in acquiring material opulence to lord it over the material world
- In the material world, no one wants to be a servant; everyone wants to become the master because false mastership is the basic disease of the conditioned soul. The conditioned soul in the material world wants to lord it over others
- It is always good for him (a living being) to remain subservient, instead of falsely trying to lord it over the property of the Supreme Lord
- It is always good for him (the living being) to remain subservient, instead of falsely trying to lord it over the property of the Supreme Lord
- Just as a father gives some playthings to the crying child to satisfy him, the whole material creation is made possible by the will of the Lord to allow the bewildered living entities to lord it over things as they desire
- Just like in England the British empire's policy was that you bring money from outside, deposit in the government treasury and you become lord. Exploiting, they used to go to the foreign countries and somehow or other accumulate money
- Material contaminations: "illusion, fatigue, committing errors, roughness, aterial lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality, and cheating"
- Material desires are based on the false ego of the living being and are exhibited by his childish and useless activities to conquer the laws of material nature and by his desire to lord it over the resources of the five elements
- The conception of the universal form of the Lord gives a chance to the materialist to think of the Supreme Lord, but the materialist must know for certain that his visualization of the world in a spirit of lording over it is not God realization
- The conditioned souls who have come into contact with the material world are all more or less desirous of lording it over material nature
- The demigods are amongst the conditioned souls who have developed this pure consciousness of service to the Lord but who at the same time continue to desire to lord it over the material energy
- The desires for lording it over the material world, under the intoxication of a false sense of lordship, specifically begin just after the man's unification with a woman
- The devotee tries to engage everything in His service and does not create perplexities by falsely lording it over the creation of the Lord. He is so faithful that he engages himself, as well as everything else, in the transcendental loving service of God
- The eighteen material contaminations - illusion, fatigue, errors, roughness, material lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality and cheating
- The first thing is that we have taken very, very responsible task, to finish this so-called lording over this material nature
- The living being, by his desiring to lord it over the material world and declining to cooperate with the Supreme Lord, contacts the sum total of the material world, namely the mahat-tattva
- The living entities are not meant to be conditioned by material energy but due to their being affected by the false sense of lording it over material energy they come under the influence of potency & become conditioned by the 3 modes of material nature
- The living entities are trying to lord it over material nature. Since the conditioned soul takes material nature to be the object of his enjoyment and he takes the position of the enjoyer, he is therefore called purusa
- The living entity is an eternal servant of God, but he comes to the material world and is bound by material conditions because of his desire to lord it over matter
- The living entity tries to lord it over the material or physical elements, but both the physical elements and the spiritual spark are energies emanating from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore He says, aham vai sarva-bhutani: "I am everything"
- The living entity wants to imitate Krsna and tries to lord it over material nature in order to enjoy sense gratification; thus he forgets his original position, and his illuminating power, his spiritual identity, is extinguished
- The mahat-tattva cloud of the material creation, in which the conditioned souls, who want to lord it against the will of the Lord, are put into play as they desire under the control of the Lord by the agency of His external energy
- The material energy was accepted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead in order that He might exhibit pastimes for the living entities who wanted to enjoy and lord it over the material energy
- The seedlike spiritual sparks who are dominated by the desire to lord it over the material nature exist in a dormant state after the cosmic manifestation is annihilated
- The spirit soul has nothing to do with this material nature, but because of his mentality of lording it over, he is put into the position of conditional existence
- The sufferings of human society are due to a polluted aim of life, namely lording it over the material resources
- The whole material creation is made possible by the will of the Lord to allow the bewildered living entities to lord it over things as they desire
- This cheating practice is there in the conditioned souls because the conditioned souls are primarily in the material world imbued with an unnatural desire to lord it over the material world
- This mood of false separatism is called the quality of rajas, and it gives rise to a creative force for separate lordship over the mode of tamas
- Those who are condemned, those who want to try to lord it over, they are imprisoned within the walls of material universe. So their number is very small
- When the Lord descends, He does so along with His entourage to display a complete picture of the transcendental world, where pure love and devotion for the Lord prevail without any mundane tinge of lording it over the creation of the Lord
- When their (the living entities') desire to lord it over material energy has vanished, they are promoted to the posts of demigods, who are entrusted by the Lord with executing the management of the universal affairs