Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dominate | dominated | dominates | dominating | domination | domineering | dominance | dominant
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Dominate"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- Arjuna is hearing the science of God from Krsna. The living entity, if he submits to this hearing process, will lose his long-cherished desire to dominate material nature
- As soon as a king becomes rich in material opulences, he wants to dominate other nations by military aggression. Similarly, mercantile men want to monopolize a certain type of business and control other mercantile groups
- In an attempt to dominate material nature, the living entity is forced to offer his service to relative material energy. When this service is transferred to the Lord in pure consciousness of spiritual identity, the living entity at once becomes free
- In his (living entity) conditioned life he is dominated by the material modes of nature, and he forgets the transcendental loving service of the Lord. As a result, he has to struggle very hard to maintain his existence in the material world
- In the lower species of life the spirit souls are densely covered by the material modes, and thus carnal appetites dominate their lives
- In the material existence of life, one is certainly influenced by propensities for lust and desire for dominating the resources of material nature
- One has to understand the position of prakrti, nature, and purusa, the enjoyer of the nature, and isvara, the knower who dominates or controls nature and the individual soul. One should not confuse the three in their different capacities
- One who desires domination over a kingdom or an empire should worship the Manus
- One who desires domination over others should worship Lord Brahma, the head of the universe
- Sense gratification means domination over material nature. The whole competition between conditioned souls is based upon domination of this material nature
- Since it is very difficult for a person to become free as long as he desires to dominate material nature, it is recommended that he approach a spiritual master who can train him in devotional service and enable him to get out of the clutches of Maya
- Since the beginning of creation, the demons and the demigods, or the Vaisnavas, are always the two classes of living beings to dominate the planets of the universes. Lord Brahma is the first demigod, and Hiranyaksa is the first demon
- The age of Kali aims at killing the higher principles of life, and although Maharaja Pariksit strongly resisted the domination of the personality of Kali within the world, the influence of the age of Kali came at an opportune moment
- The devotees of the Lord are not ambitious to dominate a false and temporary phenomenon. On the contrary, a devotee wants to be dominated by the supreme predominator, the Lord
- The dominating demigods who are empowered to control and administer such natural phenomena as air, light and rain are all classified within the marginal potency of the Absolute Person
- The false prestige one acquires by attempting to dominate material nature is illusory
- The living entity, if he submits to this hearing process, will lose his long-cherished desire to dominate material nature, and gradually and proportionately, as he reduces his long desire to dominate, he comes to enjoy spiritual happiness
- The mind, intelligence and false ego are always engaged in an attempt to dominate material nature. According to that subtle astral body, one attains a gross body to enjoy the objects of one's desires
- The position of servitor is wasted in the material conception of life. In an attempt to dominate material nature, the living entity is forced to offer his service to relative material energy
- The prime inclination of the materialistic mind is to lord it over the material world, and all the siddhis mentioned above are features of domination over the world. The devotees of the Lord are not ambitious to dominate a false and temporary phenomenon
- The simple and delicate women truly thought that Lord Sri Krsna, their beloved husband, followed them and was dominated by them. They were unaware of the extent of the glories of their husband, as the atheists are unaware of Him as the supreme controller
- The unscrupulous caste system now dominant in the society of the asuras or the faithless cannot be any barrier to approaching Sri Krsna, the Absolute Personality of Godhead
- The varnasrama institution is constructed to enable one to realize the Absolute Truth. It is not for artificial domination of one division over another
- There was no fault on the part of the Lord, even though He took away the tree from the heavenly kingdom, but because Indra was henpecked, dominated by his beautiful wives like Saci, he became a fool
- Therefore (they say that man has to dominate over the animals) you should kill and eat them. Very good reasoning. "The father should dominate over children; therefore the children should be killed and eaten up." So rascals
- They are trying to dominate the material nature, the so-called scientists. But they do not know that they are under the domination of material nature