This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Damodara"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- After that, Kuvera's two sons stood as two big arjuna trees in the courtyard of Nanda until Damodara, in order to fulfill the desire of Narada, dragged the milling pestle to which He was tied & struck the two trees, violently causing them to fall down
- Among the devotees of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Pitambara was the sixty-fourth, Madhavacarya the sixty-fifth, Damodara dasa the sixty-sixth, Sankara the sixty-seventh, Mukunda the sixty-eighth, Jnana dasa the sixty-ninth and Manohara the seventieth
- In the case of felling the gigantic arjuna trees, the Lord's mission was to deliver the two sons of Kuvera, who were condemned to become trees by the curse of Narada, as well as to play like a crawling child in the yard of Yasoda
- In the month of Asvina, the predominating Deity is Padmanabha, and in Kartika it is Damodara. This Damodara is different from Radha-Damodara, the son of Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana
- May Lord Damodara protect me in the early morning, and may Lord Visvesvara protect me during the junctions of day and night
- My dear Damodara, although You have been defeated by Sridama and have become sufficiently minimized in strength, by a false expression of strength You have somehow covered Your shameful condition of defeat
- On the left side of the waist is the temple of Vamanadeva, on the left arm the temple of Sridhara, on the left side of the collarbone the temple of Hrsikesa, on the upper back the temple called Padmanabha, & on the lower back the temple called Damodara
- One of the friends once remarked, "Sudama is trying his best to see Damodara defeated, and I think that if our powerful Subala joins him, they will be a very beautiful combination, like a valuable jewel bedecked with gold"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "I do not ask You for liberation or any material facility up to the point of liberation. What I want as Your favor is that I may always think of Your form as I see You now as Damodara"
- The expansions of Pradyumna are Trivikrama, Vamana and Sridhara. The expansions of Aniruddha are Hrsikesa, Padmanabha and Damodara
- There are many other forms of the Lord and they are differently known as 2) Vasudeva, Damodara, Janardana, Narayana, Hari, Padmanabha, Vamana, Madhusudana, Govinda, Krsna, Visnumurti, Adhoksaja and Upendra
- Trivikrama, Kesava, Acyuta, Vasudeva, Narayana and Damodara, as recommended in the Vaisnava-tantras or Puranas, and one's family should worship strictly following the directions and regulations of arcana-vidhi