Ocean of Material Existence
VedaBase query: "ocean of material"/5 or "material ocean"
Pages in category "Ocean of Material Existence"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- A Mayavadi philosopher may question us, "You may be very happy in the association of devotees, but what is your plan for crossing the ocean of material existence?"
- As a small piece of grass falls in a river and is tossed about with different types of wood and tree branches, the living entity floats in the ocean of material existence and is dashed and tossed amidst material conditions
- As one can cross over the ocean with seagoing vessels, one can cross the dangerous situation of the material ocean by living with a wife
- Be patient and return home. Don't be a crazy fellow. By and by you will be able to cross the ocean of material existence
- Brahma said, "If, by the association of Your devotees, a person comes to the knowledge that Lord Krsna is the original Supersoul, then it is possible for him to cross over the ocean of material ignorance"
- Brahma said, "One who is always absorbed in meditation on Your original form of Krsna easily crosses over the ocean of material nescience"
- By the grace of the Lord, if a devotee, at the time of death, can simply chant His holy name - the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, he immediately surpasses the great ocean of the material sky and enters the spiritual sky
- Even one is the most sinful man, but if he gets the Krsna science, he is free. He is free, and he can go. He can cross over the material ocean of ignorance very easily
- Everyone is trying to get out of the ocean of material existence. One cannot immediately reach the coast, but if one endeavors, he can cross the ocean by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy
- I am put into the material ocean, and the currents, currents are carried away. So here, if you be engaged, srnvanti gayanti abhiksnasah, twenty-four hours, then the current, upasanam, uparamam, the current will stop
- If one wants to cross over the ocean of material existence, there is no alternative than to take to devotional service. A devotee, therefore, should not care for any material position, whether in heaven or in hell
- In Bhagavad-gita (16.19) Lord Krsna says: Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life
- In search of truth we become deviated and, taking shelter of the boat of the material body and mind, travel aimlessly in the ocean of material existence, with no land in sight
- In the Gita (BG 16.19) the Lord (Krsna) says: "Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life"
- Instead of plunging oneself into the ocean of material activity, one should accept material activity only to maintain body and soul together
- Material nature is so strong that it cannot be surmounted by an ordinary living entity. Only those who surrender unto the lotus feet of Krsna can cross the ocean of material existence
- Maya has two potencies with which to execute her two functions - the praksepatmika-sakti, the power to throw the living entity into the ocean of material existence, and avaranatmika-sakti, the power to cover the knowledge of the living entity
- My dear Lord, I am Your eternal servant, but somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of this material world. Kindly pick me up and fix me as a speck of dust at Your lotus feet
- One can ply over the ocean of material existence by the grace of the Lord very easily, without any fear of storm or fog
- One cannot immediately reach the coast, but if one endeavors, he can cross the ocean of material existence by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy. One may be very eager to cross this ocean, but he cannot attain success by acting like a madman
- One who defies temple worship without any knowledge of the science must know that his so-called turban or crown will only succeed in further drowning him in the water of the ocean of material existence
- Since they have no material conception of life, why should they aspire for liberation? The gopis do not want that liberation desired by yogis and jnanis, for they are already liberated from the ocean of material existence
- Spiritual happiness is anandambudhi-vardhanam, or the ocean of happiness which increases. The material ocean is stagnant, but the spiritual ocean is dynamic
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse "It is a fact that unless one is Krsna conscious, unless one is engaged in devotional service, and unless one has the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he cannot cross over this material ocean"
- The devotees of the Lord cross the ocean of material existence without anxiety because a pure devotee is always protected by the Lord
- This great ocean of material existence shortens like the pit-hole created by the foot of a calf and for him the supreme abode of the Lord is quite fit place for living, but not this miserable material world where there is nothing but danger in every step
- Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life. BG 16.19 - 1972
- To the sincere devotee, however, this ocean of maya is easily crossed by the cool breeze of Krishna's Grace. So this is our business, to submit to Krishna's desire to have us back with Him in the eternal sky of Krishna Loka
- We become hungry, we become thirsty. We become overwhelmed with regret, soka moha, illusion, then birth, death, so many currents. We are being carried away. I am spirit soul. I am put into the material ocean
- Without knowing the goal of our self-realization, we are aimlessly voyaging on the ocean of material existence, life after life