Asita Devala Rsi
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Asita (22 P)
Pages in category "Asita"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- All the sages like Parvata Muni, Narada, Dhaumya, Vyasa the incarnation of God, Brhadasva, Bharadvaja and Parasurama and disciples, Vasistha, Indrapramada, Trita, Grtsamada, Asita, Kaksivan, Gautama, Atri, Kausika and Sudarsana were present (with Bhisma)
- Ambarisa Maharaja, as the head of the state, performed all these yajnas (such as the asvamedha-yajna) through great personalities like Vasistha, Gautama & Asita. Personally, however, he was engaged in devotional service, as mentioned before in SB 9.4.18
- Asita explained to his father 1,500,000 verses from the Mahabharata
- Asita gave Maharaja Yudhisthira instructions while he was on the Anjana Hill. He was also one of the devotees of Lord Siva
- Asita was one of the members in the snake sacrifice of Maharaja Janamejaya. He was also present during the coronation ceremony of Maharaja Yudhisthira along with other great rsis
- Asita: There was a king of the same name, but herein the Asita mentioned is the Asita Devala Rsi, a great powerful sage of the time
- He (God) is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by learned scholars & saints like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Devala in the past & by Arjuna in the BG as by the acaryas like Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhva and Lord Sri Caitanya in the modern age
- He (Srutadeva) spoke very highly of the Lord and the sages (Narada and others), and he and his wife washed the feet of each one of them. After this, he took the water and sprinkled it over all the members of his family
- He (Yudhisthira) invited the most expert brahmanas & sages, whose names are as follows: Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasadeva, Bharadvaja, Sumantu, Gautama, Asita, Vasistha, Cyavana, Kanva, Maitreya, Kavasa, Trita, Visvamitra
- Like the ksatriyas, he (Devala) also allowed his daughter to select her own husband in a svayamvara meeting, and at that ceremony all the bachelor sons of the rsis were invited. According to some, he is not Asita Devala.
- Lord Krsna is established as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by statements from many authorized persons, such as Brahma, Narada, Vyasadeva, Asita and Arjuna
- O great souls, I have heard that among the great & perfect persons wandering the surface of the earth to instruct knowledge to people covered by ignorance are Sanat-kumara, Narada, Rbhu, Angira, Devala, Asita, Vyasadeva, Markandeya, Gautama, Vasistha
- On the bank of the River Sarasvati there were eleven places of pilgrimage, namely, Trita, Usana, Manu, Prthu, Agni, Asita, Vayu, Sudasa, Go, Guha and Sraddhadeva. Vidura visited all of them and duly performed rituals
- One must take lessons from authorities like Narada, Vyasa and Asita, and follow their principles. Then one will be able to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead even with one's own eyes. One only needs training
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is established as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by evidence from the same personalities - like Brahma, Narada, Vyasadeva, Asita and Arjuna
- Such sacrifices were performed with great opulence and suitable paraphernalia and with contributions of daksina to the brahmanas, who were supervised by great personalities like Vasistha, Asita and Gautama, representing the king
- The authentic scriptures are compiled by personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara, who are not ordinary men. All the followers of the Vedic way of life have accepted these famous personalities
- The demoniac do not believe their (personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara's) statements, and they purposely oppose the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees
- The great kings were very responsible in taking the instructions given by great saintly personalities. The kings used to accept the instructions given by great sages like Parasara, Vyasadeva, Narada, Devala and Asita