Asita Devala Rsi
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Asita (21 P)
Pages in category "Asita"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- All the sages like Parvata Muni, Narada, Dhaumya, Vyasa the incarnation of God, Brhadasva, Bharadvaja and Parasurama and disciples, Vasistha, Indrapramada, Trita, Grtsamada, Asita, Kaksivan, Gautama, Atri, Kausika and Sudarsana were present (with Bhisma)
- Asita explained to his father 1,500,000 verses from the Mahabharata
- Asita gave Maharaja Yudhisthira instructions while he was on the Anjana Hill. He was also one of the devotees of Lord Siva
- Asita was one of the members in the snake sacrifice of Maharaja Janamejaya. He was also present during the coronation ceremony of Maharaja Yudhisthira along with other great rsis
- Asita: There was a king of the same name, but herein the Asita mentioned is the Asita Devala Rsi, a great powerful sage of the time
- He (God) is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by learned scholars & saints like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Devala in the past & by Arjuna in the BG as by the acaryas like Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhva and Lord Sri Caitanya in the modern age
- He (Srutadeva) spoke very highly of the Lord and the sages (Narada and others), and he and his wife washed the feet of each one of them. After this, he took the water and sprinkled it over all the members of his family
- He (Yudhisthira) invited the most expert brahmanas & sages, whose names are as follows: Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasadeva, Bharadvaja, Sumantu, Gautama, Asita, Vasistha, Cyavana, Kanva, Maitreya, Kavasa, Trita, Visvamitra
- O great souls, I have heard that among the great & perfect persons wandering the surface of the earth to instruct knowledge to people covered by ignorance are Sanat-kumara, Narada, Rbhu, Angira, Devala, Asita, Vyasadeva, Markandeya, Gautama, Vasistha
- On the bank of the River Sarasvati there were eleven places of pilgrimage, namely, Trita, Usana, Manu, Prthu, Agni, Asita, Vayu, Sudasa, Go, Guha and Sraddhadeva. Vidura visited all of them and duly performed rituals
- One must take lessons from authorities like Narada, Vyasa and Asita, and follow their principles. Then one will be able to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead even with one's own eyes. One only needs training
- The authentic scriptures are compiled by personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara, who are not ordinary men. All the followers of the Vedic way of life have accepted these famous personalities
- The great kings were very responsible in taking the instructions given by great saintly personalities. The kings used to accept the instructions given by great sages like Parasara, Vyasadeva, Narada, Devala and Asita