This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Sudama"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- In the dasya-rasa one follows in the footsteps of servants like Citraka, Patraka or Raktaka. In the friendly sakhya-rasa one can become a friend like Baladeva, Sridama or Sudama
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (127) he (Sundarananda) is stated to have been Sudama in krsna-lila. Thus he was one of the twelve cowherd boys who came down with Balarama when He descended as Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- Similarly, Balarama, Sudama and other friends would taste one another's food and laugh. In this way, the friends very jubilantly began to eat their respective preparations brought from home
- Sri Krsna had ordered His friend Sudama to go to a brahmana's house and ask for some food. The brahmanas were performing a great sacrifice, and Sri Krsna told Sudama to plead with them that He and Balarama were feeling hungry and needed some food
- Sudama said, "I think I have nothing more to do in the matter of prescribed Vedic duties"
- Sundarananda was Sudama, one of the twelve cowherd boys who came down with Balarama when He descended as Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- The friendship typified by Sridama and Sudama is the standard of friendship without any tinge of reverence
- The friendship typified by Sridama and Sudama, however, is the standard of friendship without any tinge of reverence
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- This verse (CC Madhya 7.143) was spoken by Sudama Brahmana in Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.81.16), in connection with his meeting Lord Krsna