Bangladesh | "East Bengal"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Bangladesh"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- I am glad to inform you that a party of my disciples will be coming to Bangladesh soon for spreading the message of Lord Caitanya there. They will be stationed at Jessore, but will travel wherever they are invited and hold Sankirtana
- I have already advised Tamala Krishna Goswami to go to Bangladesh and if you also sometimes join with him and preach this Krishna Consciousness movement amongst the Mohammedans in Bangladesh, it will be a great service
- If Americans can take up this movement seriously why not Bangladesh people? Try to meet with educated public & if you can convince them it will be a great service. We are trying to unify the whole population of the globe by this cultural movement
- If you go to Bangladesh and establish a center it will be a great achievement. We have a center in China and one in Moscow why not Bangladesh and Pakistan?
- In Bangladesh, we have got very good field. Simply by chanting, dancing and taking a little prasadam. Best thing is to speak among the educated class, like lawyers, professors--the mass of people, they cannot speak English
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (104) it is mentioned that Nilambara Cakravarti was formerly Garga Muni. Some of the family descendants of Nilambara Cakravarti still live in the village of the name Magdoba, in the district of Faridpur, in Bangladesh
- The Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (196 and 207) mentions that Hari Acarya was formerly the gopi named Kalaksi. Sadipuriya Gopala is celebrated as a preacher of the Hare Krsna movement in Vikramapura, in East Bengal - now Bangladesh
- The original home of Pundarika Vidyanidhi was in East Bengal (now Bangladesh), in a village near Dacca named Baghiya, which belonged to the Varendra group of brahmana families
- The present-day village of Prembagh, which lies near Ramshara in the Jessore district of Bangladesh, is said by many to be the site of Kumaradeva's house. Of his many sons, three took to the path of Vaisnavism
- The residence of Krsnadasa Hoda was Badagachi, which is now in Bangladesh
- The village of Benapola is situated in the district of Yasohara (Jessore), which is now in Bangladesh. Benapola is near the Banagano station, which is at the border of Bangladesh and may be reached by the Eastern Railway from Sealdah Station in Calcutta
- There is chance of uniting all these different parts of India by Krsna consciousness. You have to organize. At least you organize here, Manipur center, Burma and Bangladesh and Assam. It will be successful
- This place (Mahesapura) is within the district of Jessore, (which is now in Bangladesh). Among the relics of this village, only the old residential house of Sundarananda still exists
- We are also negotiating to go to Russia also. There is chance of going to China also. We are attempting. We have already sent two boys to Pakistan - one in Dacca and one in Karachi
- When we get Bangladesh visas and actually begin our preaching work there, then we shall be able to advertise and collect
- When you go there, on co-operation with him you can establish a center in Bangladesh by mutual arrangement, and that will be very suitable for your preaching
- You are an intelligent boy so you can take it from me that this Haridasapur scheme is for making a link with Bangladesh, so we have to deal from that point of view
- Your mentioning Bangladesh feeding of refugees, of course we are feeding sometimes the local inhabitants, up to 1,000 persons on some occasions, but there is no organized program of feeding the refugees at Mayapur