"East Bengal"|"Eastern Bengal"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God in Bengal (1 P)
Pages in category "East Bengal"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- In Bengal a maternal uncle is called mama, and in East Bengal and Orissa, mamu. Thus Jagannatha Cakravarti was known as Mama or Mamu Thakura. Mamu Thakura’s residence was in the district of Faridpur, in the village known as Magdoba
- In East Bengal there was a brahmana named Tapana Misra, who could not ascertain the objective of life or how to attain it
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu contributed the greatest benefit to the people of East Bengal by initiating them into hari-nama, the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and making them learned scholars by educating them
- The Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (196 and 207) mentions that Hari Acarya was formerly the gopi named Kalaksi. Sadipuriya Gopala is celebrated as a preacher of the Hare Krsna movement in Vikramapura, in East Bengal - now Bangladesh
- The original home of Pundarika Vidyanidhi was in East Bengal (now Bangladesh), in a village near Dacca named Baghiya, which belonged to the Varendra group of brahmana families
- There is a place in the district of Cattagrama in East Bengal that is known as Hata-hajari, and a short distance from this place is a village known as Mekhala-grama, in which Pundarika Vidyanidhi’s forefathers lived