Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
east | easter | easterly | eastside | eastward
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "East"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- According to the Vedic description of the planetary system, all the planets move from east to west. The sun, the moon and five other planets, such as Mars and Jupiter, orbit one above another
- After having this dream, Madhavendra Puri Gosvami became very glad due to ecstasy of love of Godhead, and in order to execute the command of the Lord, he started east toward Bengal
- All the different varieties of fire sacrifices (sodasi, uktha, purisi, agnistoma, aptoryama, atiratra, vajapeya and gosava) became manifested from the eastern mouth of Brahma
- All the Lord's devotees then said, "You have incarnated to deliver fallen souls. You have delivered them in the east and in the south, and now you are delivering them in the west"
- All these forms preside over different Vaikuntha planets in the spiritual world, beginning from the east in consecutive order. In each of the eight directions, there are three different forms
- Along with these seven stars, all the others stars also orbit from east to west. The upper portion of the universe is called the north, and the lower portion is called the south
- Although there is no GBC man for Far East for addressing your questions, still, as I am now old man and inclined for philosophy and translating, I am asking my disciples to kindly give me some relief from so much administrative work and asking questions
- Another twenty-five sons became kings in the east of Aryavarta, and the three principal sons became kings in the middle. The other sons became kings in various other places
- At the time of Krsna’s birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions - east, west, south, north, everywhere - there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- I have got considerable experience now because I am wandering East and West, not only once, at least twice, thrice in a year. So far Krsna consciousness movement is concerned, we have no such thing, East and West
- If you at all seriously intend to go to East Pakistan, please contact this gentleman and open correspondence with him and if you think it is favorable you may go there with the blessings of Krsna
- In India even the poorest man, he knows that, "There is next life. I existed in the past, and I will exist in the future." This Vedic conclusion is known even to the poorest man, illiterate man. That is, of course, the difference between East and West
- In perfect self-control, Maharaja Pariksit sat down on a seat of straw, with straw-roots facing the east, placed on the southern bank of the Ganges, and he himself faced the north. Just previously he had given charge of his kingdom over to his son
- In the northeastern direction, they saw the horse near the asrama of Kapila Muni. "Here is the man who has stolen the horse," they said. "He is staying there with closed eyes. Certainly he is very sinful. Kill him! Kill him!"
- Indo-American Cultural Society, they gave me the subject matter: "East and West." So I talked, "We don't find any such distinction, 'East and West,' when we come to the spiritual platform. This is all material platform"
- It is very good that the Deity is facing East
- King Yayati gave the southeast to his son Druhyu, the south to his son Yadu, the west to his son Turvasu, and the north to his son Anu. In this way he divided the kingdom
- Krsna's another name is Varsneya because He appeared in the Vrsni family. Just like sandalwood. Sandalwood is known as "Malayan sandalwood." Malaya. There is a country, you know. East Asia, Malaysia
- Krsna, the SP of Godhead, belongs to everyone, but just as the sun rises from the east, although there are other directions from which it could rise, so by His own choice the Lord appears in a particular family, and that family becomes famous
- O King, Indra first fled to the sky, but there also he saw the woman of personified sin chasing him. This witch followed him wherever he went. At last he very quickly went to the northeast and entered the Manasa-sarovara Lake
- Originally in Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, the ocean is divided like the watery ocean into east, west, north and south, while the sub-sections within these different divisions are called waves
- Raghunatha dasa, who had been resting at the milkman’s house, got up early in the morning. Instead of going to the east, he turned his face south and proceeded
- Regarding the translations into Russian and other East European languages, you are the expert in the field, so however you decide to get the work done is alright. I will simply be very glad to receive any publications from these languages
- So far we are concerned, we have no such distinction, "East and West." We know that everyone is human being
- South of Ilavrta-varsa and extending from east to west are three great mountains named (from north to south) Nisadha, Hemakuta and Himalaya. Each of them is 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles) high
- Surrounding these planetary systems (the three primary planetary systems - Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah) are the eight directions, namely east, west, north, south, northeast, southeast, northwest and southwest
- Svarupa Damodara proceeded east with others, looking for the Lord on the beach or in the water
- That Brahman is in front and in back, in the north, south, east and west, and also overhead and below. In other words, that supreme Brahman effulgence spreads throughout both the material and spiritual skies
- That is our concern: how the world is misdirected. That we are challenging, this Krsna consciousness. It is not that "East," "West," "you," "I." Everyone is a victim. Bhagavata says, prayena kalau asmin yuge janah: "In this age everyone is condemned"
- That juice cascades from the mountain in waterfalls and becomes a river called Arunoda, which flows pleasantly through the eastern side of Ilavrta
- The Deities should be facing East. If you are laying the foundation stone to this temple there is a ceremony which you can observe
- The Gundica temple is situated two miles northeast of the Jagannatha temple. At the time of the Ratha-yatra festival, Lord Jagannatha goes to the Gundica temple from His original temple and stays there for one week
- The holy place where Sundarananda lived is situated in the village known as Mahesapura, which is about fourteen miles east of the Majadiya railway station of the Eastern Railway from Calcutta to Burdwan
- The seat of kusa straw is considered to be sanctified if the straw is taken out of the earth complete with root, and if the root is pointed toward the east it is considered to be auspicious
- The village Ambika-kalana, which is situated just across the river Ganges from Santipura, is two miles east of the Kalana-korta railway station, on the Eastern Railway. In Ambika-kalana there is a temple constructed by the zamindar of Burdwan
- Thereafter, adding visarga to the final syllable "ma," he should chant the mantra "mah astraya phat" in all directions, beginning from the east. In this way, all directions will be bound by the protective armor of the mantra
- Thinking in this way, he quickly proceeded toward the east. Sometimes he turned around and looked back, but no one was following him
- Thinking that because the brahmanas have no material desires they should possess the entire world, Lord Ramacandra delivered the land between the east, west, north and south to the acarya
- When (during the sarat season) the full moon rose in the east, it tinged everything with a reddish color. With the rising of the moon, the whole sky appeared smeared by red kunkuma
- While the earth and the personality of religion were thus engaged in conversation, the saintly King Pariksit reached the shore of the Sarasvati River, which flowed towards the east