Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
west | westward
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "West"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- According to the Vedic description of the planetary system, all the planets move from east to west. The sun, the moon and five other planets, such as Mars and Jupiter, orbit one above another
- After crossing these provinces (Brahmavarta, Kuruksetra, Matsya, Sarasvata, the province of the desert and the land of scanty water) He (Lord Krsna) gradually reached the Sauvira and Abhira provinces, then west of these, reached Dvaraka at last
- All the Lord's devotees then said, "You have incarnated to deliver fallen souls. You have delivered them in the east and in the south, and now you are delivering them in the west"
- Along with these seven stars, all the others stars also orbit from east to west. The upper portion of the universe is called the north, and the lower portion is called the south
- At the time of Krsna’s birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions - east, west, south, north, everywhere - there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- Formerly Kolapura was a native state, and it is bordered on the north by the district of Santara, on the east and south by the district of Belagama, and on the west by the district of Ratnagiri
- From my careful observation of your activities especially in Los Angeles and the other temples, I can understand that you are doing very well as GBC representative for the west coast
- From the Kesaracala Mountains, the Ganges falls to the peak of Gandhamadana Mountain and then flows into the land of Bhadrasva-varsa. Finally it reaches the ocean of salt water in the west
- I authorize that the Society may incorporate under the Religious Societies Act of 1860 separately in West Bengal as the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Calcutta) with myself as Founder-Acarya
- I have examined the plans for the building on West 43rd Street just near the corner of 5th Avenue and I think it is perfectly suitable for us in every way. Please work together with Bali Mardan Maharaja and try your best to secure it
- I have got considerable experience now because I am wandering East and West, not only once, at least twice, thrice in a year. So far Krsna consciousness movement is concerned, we have no such thing, East and West
- I like the idea of being near the west gate as I want to go to the Ganges daily and during the summer I can take bath there
- If the Indians do not meet this responsibility and instead get enticed and bedazzled by the illusory energy as it is manifest in the West in such variegated forms, then they will become known as misers and end their lives in disgrace
- If you aim your plane westward and don't stop, you will remain in sunlight all the time. Similarly, if you remain in Krsna consciousness by the simple method of chanting Hare Krsna you will never see the darkness
- In India even the poorest man, he knows that, "There is next life. I existed in the past, and I will exist in the future." This Vedic conclusion is known even to the poorest man, illiterate man. That is, of course, the difference between East and West
- Indo-American Cultural Society, they gave me the subject matter: "East and West." So I talked, "We don't find any such distinction, 'East and West,' when we come to the spiritual platform. This is all material platform"
- It is a matter of great regret that recently in my birthplace, West Bengal, there are some who are making agitations and various uncalled for remarks without knowing the real facts. All these have pained me to a great extent
- Many have gone to the west an abroad, but no one has done what Srila Prabhupad has done. He has completely brought the Vedic culture to the West
- Many rascals have come to the West to preach Bhagavad-gita. They are designated as rascals because they are bluffers who do not give real information. In our Bhagavad-gita As It Is, however, the spiritual nature is authoritatively described
- On the western side of Sumeru are two mountains named Pavana and Pariyatra
- Ordered by their father (Daksa) to create more and more population, the Haryasvas went west to the place where the River Sindhu (now the Indus) meets the Arabian Sea
- Originally in Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, the ocean is divided like the watery ocean into east, west, north and south, while the sub-sections within these different divisions are called waves
- Saint Tukarama, after initiation by the Lord (Caitanya), overflooded the whole of the Maharastra Province with the sankirtana movement, and the transcendental flow is still rolling on in the southwestern part of the great Indian peninsula
- So far we are concerned, we have no such distinction, "East and West." We know that everyone is human being
- South of Ilavrta-varsa and extending from east to west are three great mountains named (from north to south) Nisadha, Hemakuta and Himalaya. Each of them is 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles) high
- Sri Krsna and Balarama, the PG, who formerly appeared in Vrndavana and were millions of times more effulgent than the sun and moon, have arisen over the eastern horizon of Gaudadesa (West Bengal), being compassionate for the fallen state of the world
- Surrounding these planetary systems (the three primary planetary systems - Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah) are the eight directions, namely east, west, north, south, northeast, southeast, northwest and southwest
- That Brahman is in front and in back, in the north, south, east and west, and also overhead and below. In other words, that supreme Brahman effulgence spreads throughout both the material and spiritual skies
- That is our concern: how the world is misdirected. That we are challenging, this Krsna consciousness. It is not that "East," "West," "you," "I." Everyone is a victim. Bhagavata says, prayena kalau asmin yuge janah: "In this age everyone is condemned"
- The branch (of the Ganges that divides into four branches on Dhruvaloka) known as Sita flows through Sekhara-parvata and Gandhamadana-parvata and then flows down to Bhadrasva-varsa, where it mixes with the ocean of salt water in the West
- The Caksu branch (of the Ganges that divides into four branches on Dhruvaloka) flows through Malyavan-giri and, after reaching Ketumala-varsa, mixes with the ocean of salt water in the West
- The history of the West - beginning from the time of the Greeks and the Romans down to the modern age of atomic war - is a continuous chain of sense gratificatory materialism and the result is that the westerners were never in peace
- The interest rate here in the west is very low now, so I am thinking very seriously to invest about 410,000 dollars (approximately 32 lakhs rupees)
- The people of the West are seeing their students becoming hippies, despite gorgeous arrangements for university education. The Krsna consciousness movement, however, is trying to convert misguided, drug-addicted students to the service of Krsna
- Thinking that because the brahmanas have no material desires they should possess the entire world, Lord Ramacandra delivered the land between the east, west, north and south to the acarya
- This black art of witchcraft is still practiced by some women in the remote northwestern side of India
- This flowing honey falls incessantly from the top of Suparsva Mountain and flows all around Ilavrta-varsa, beginning from the western side. Thus the whole land is saturated with the pleasing fragrance
- This is the sublime science of devotional service as propounded by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who appeared 500 years ago in West Bengal, India, to propagate the movement of Krsna consciousness
- This letter is to inform you that Hari das Brahmacari has received permission to go to all of our centers in the west for visiting and gaining the experience of preaching there
- We are trying to construct a city (our Mayapur City in W. Bengal) where people from all over the world can come to visit and live according to the Vedic tenets of "simple living and high thinking"
- We preferred to come to the West, following the order of our spiritual master, and by the grace of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu this movement is becoming successful
- Yamesvara is on the southwest side of the Jagannatha temple. Gadadhara Pandita resided there, and there was a small garden and a sandy beach known as Yamesvara-tota
- You (Diti) should not lie down without having washed both of your feet or without being purified, nor with wet feet or with your head pointed west or north. You should not lie naked, or with other women, or during the sunrise or sunset
- Your idea of raising some funds and support in the West and then going back to Taiwan is a very good idea. Do it. This is a very good program. This is a very gentlemanly idea. Unless one has an office and a sitting place, no one really cares about you
- Your program for traveling on the West coast holding festivals at schools and communes is approved by me. Especially you must try to convince these students to join us