Garbhodaka |"Garbhodaka Ocean" |"Garbha" |Garbhoda |Garbhodak
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Garbhodaka Ocean"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Agnostics may not believe in hell, but Sukadeva Gosvami affirms the existence of the Naraka planets, which lie between the Garbhodaka Ocean and Patalaloka
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who appeared as the gigantic tortoise that held up the great mountain Mandara & who appeared as the boar that rescued the earth planet, which had fallen into the water of the Garbhodaka"
- All the hellish planets are situated in the intermediate space between the three worlds and the Garbhodaka Ocean. They lie on the southern side of the universe, beneath Bhu-mandala, and slightly above the water of the Garbhodaka Ocean
- Appearing as Nrsimhadeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Hari, killed Hiranyakasipu. When the Lord delivered the planet earth, which had fallen in the Garbhodaka Ocean, Hiranyaksa tried to hinder Him, then the Lord, as Varaha, killed Hiranyaksa
- At the bottom of the universe lies the Garbhodaka Ocean. The hellish planets lie between Patalaloka and the Garbhodaka Ocean
- Below the earth by 70,000 yojanas are the seven lower planetary systems called Atala, Vitala, Sutala, Talatala, Mahatala, Rasatala and Patala. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Sesa Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean
- Below the earth by 70,000 yojanas are the seven lower planetary systems. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Sesa Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean. That ocean is 249,800,000 yojanas deep
- Brahma said: When the unlimitedly powerful Lord assumed the form of a boar as a pastime, just to lift the planet earth, which was drowned in the great ocean of the universe, Garbhodaka, the first demon appeared, and the Lord pierced him with His tusk
- The great water mentioned in this connection is the Garbhodaka Ocean, which fills half of the universe
- The Lord (Varaha) found the earth on the bottom of the Garbhodaka Ocean, where the planets rest during the devastation at the end of Brahma's day
- The Lord assumed the shape of a boar to kill the demon Hiranyaksa and pick up the earth from the Garbha Ocean. Thus He became adi-sukara, the original boar
- The Lord, as maintainer of the whole creation of the material world assumed the gigantic form of a boar with a proportionate snout and picked up the earth from within the water of Garbhodaka
- The manifestation of the Narayana who predominates in everyone's heart, as well as the Narayana who lives in the waters (Karana, Garbha and Ksira), is Your plenary portion. You are therefore the original Narayana
- The Supreme Lord appeared in the transcendental incarnation of Lord Varaha (the boar) just to please His devotees by lifting the planet earth from the Garbhodaka Ocean
- These three purusas (Karanodakasayi Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu and Ksirodakasayi Visnu), who lie on the Karana, Garbha and Ksira oceans respectively, are the Supersoul of everything that be
- They create the material cosmos. These three purusas, who lie on the Karana, Garbha and Ksira oceans respectively, are the Supersoul of everything that be
- When Garbhodakasayi Visnu saw that within the universe there was only darkness and space, without a resting place, He filled half of the universe with water from His own perspiration and laid Himself down on the same water. This water is called Garbhodaka
- When that Supreme Personality of Godhead who is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean entered the heart of Brahma, Brahma brought his intelligence to bear, and with the intelligence invoked he began to create the universe as it was before