Category:Questions asked to SP... 1970
- Here we place the questions that were asked to Prabhupada as page titles and the answers he gives are inside the pages as headings written in the colour green.
Pages in category "Questions asked to SP... 1970"
The following 144 pages are in this category, out of 144 total.
- A devotee becomes more surrendered because the influence of the modes, the three modes, becomes diminished, or is the influence just changed from ignorance and passion to goodness?
- A thief commits theft repeatedly and is imprisoned repeatedly, and he has full knowledge of it - then what is the cause of his putting himself into miserable condition of prison life?
- All the devotees here are your disciples, Srila Prabhupada, eternal disciples, eternal servitors. But what if we have to take birth in the material world in the next life? How will we be able to render direct service unto you?
- Are disciplic successions from Brahma and from Arjuna different?
- Are the Spiritual Master and the Grand Spiritual Master consciously aware of the prayers of a sincere devotee who prays in love to Them?
- As You have explained in "Two Essays", that as body is covered by shirt and coat, similarly, soul is covered by mind, intelligence, and false ego - if it is so, then who are mind, intelligence and false ego? Who controls them?
- Different stages? Are there different stages?
- Do the Vedic histories refer to this planet only?
- Do they have to practice every day?
- Do you know how many followers there are in the United States now?
- Do you practice meditation in your center?
- Do you think that the present democratic system will be able to impart a spiritual education?
- Do you want to hear the next letter?
- Does one become elevated by following the karma-yoga principles only?
- Does that also apply to reading the words of a pure devotee (even a moment's association with a pure devotee - all success)? Even a little association with your books has the same effect?
- Don't you think that instead of building a temple, asramas in this brahmacari model would be...?
- Have the conditioned souls ever seen Krsna? Were they with the Lord before being conditioned by the desire to lord it over material nature?
- He says that legions of sadhus, such white men, persons from West, become sadhus, then who will do this job of earning a living?
- How and from where did the conditioned souls fall?... If someone has a relationship with Lord Krsna on Krsnaloka, does he ever fall down?
- How it is possible, how the most degraded of the human society be more than a Brahmana?
- How much money?
- How the five great elements are a gross representation of the subtle false ego?
- How to act when there is a choice of either attending Aratrik ceremony without bathing first or bathing and thus missing attendance at the Aratrik ceremony?
- How to convince the young persons who are thinking that Meher Baba is an avatara?
- How to offer respects to Sannyasis?
- How you chose this America to be your first...?
- I was thinking that Narada has actually an all-spiritual body, and Brahma has a material form, material body. And yet Narada appears to Brahmaji to ask questions from him as spiritual master. How is that?
- I was told by one devotee, a person working for Lord Caitanya, Lord Caitanya will appear as Supersoul to him (indistinct) this happen?
- If a spiritual seed sprouts, then whatever sprout is made is never lost. Right?
- If the spiritual master is not bona fide, then is the Deity also not bona fide?
- If this body is pure soul, then why it gets engaged with worldly matter?
- If we chant Hare Krsna, all our sinful activities are washed away. Is that so even if we chant offensively?
- In reference to Isopanisad mantra 15, should a devotee ask the Lord to reveal Himself?
- In Siddhaloka there are angels? That means angels?
- In the SB first chapter of the 2nd canto it says that the gross materialists can begin meditating on the syllable om and then try to contemplate the universal form. That is not recommended for this age, right?
- In your letter of April 11th you have asked me to insert "What right has a man to say he has a soul if he does not feel it, or that there is a God if he does not see Him?''....
- Is it all right to finish rounds in the temple when there's nothing to do?
- Is it because Krsna is situated in the spiritual sky, therefore the spiritual sky is the position where there is ultimate happiness to be found?
- Is it true Narada has the same body in the spiritual world and when he comes into the material world?
- Is it true when you said that the hill (Govardhana Hill), there is cracks?
- Is secularism coming in way of spreading spiritual education?
- Is the planetary system the universe, or is there something beyond the planetary system which it is situated in?
- Is there a distinction between that mode of goodness described in the Eighteenth Chapter and the Fourteenth Chapter?
- Is there any particular reason why some spirit souls become directed toward Krsna Consciousness in the first place?
- It is never burned (a Vaisnava acarya's body is never burned. It is entombed. They worship the body. But that is spiritual body)?
- It understood that the St. Giles in the Field School is available on rent. Now you have asked my instructions in this connection...
- Lord Buddha is not an incarnation? I thought that Lord Buddha was supposed to be incarnation of Visnu
- Lord Buddha, he adopted a new type of religion, but those who were strict followers of Vedas, they would not accept him. Does that mean that there were still people who were following those beliefs, scriptures, at his time, or did he convert all of India?
- Maharaja, do the Western and Eastern societies respond differently to this call (in the Kali-yuga you cannot reform the whole population by any other means except this harer nama. Therefore we are introducing Hare Krsna movement everywhere)?
- Maharaja, do you think the West is being Hinduized?
- My question was that how you selected America to be your...?
- Prabhupada, can you explain more about preyah and sreyah?
- Prabhupada, do you have any advice for ordinary Americans?
- Prabhupada, you said that the greatest offense is to chant thinking that "My sins will be washed away" and commit sins, or wants to. So what is the result that that person gets if he dies in that condition?
- Regarding jobs for householders
- Regarding sleeping, there is no need of confusion on this subject. At this stage, if we do not take sufficient rest, we shall fall ill. There is no need of forcing the matter. So one should take rest enough to keep in good health
- Regarding the end of devotees of Lord Jesus Christ
- Regarding your first question to explain the statement of Sri Isopanisad that "even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance"
- Regarding your inquiry about Aurobindo
- Regarding your inquiry about returning the stipend to Dalmia
- Regarding your question about annamoya, pranamoya, etc
- Regarding your question about Lord Jagannatha and Lord Krsna
- Regarding your question about the art department
- Regarding your question about the term "unmanifest'' in the Bhagavad-gita
- Regarding your question how to carry your Deities to different places with you
- Regarding your question how to engage yourself
- Regarding your question of an initiated person falling prey to the maya...
- Regarding your question that "the devotees are more kind than the Lord because they understand the purpose of the Lord"...
- Regarding your question whether you may go to Rathayatra festival
- Regarding your questions about GBC and sannyasi
- Regarding your questions about the difference between the picture of Krsna and the Deity
- Regarding your questions concerning the spirit souls falling into Maya's influence
- Regarding your questions with reference to B.G. III,5, and the Vedic hymn quoted in the purport to B.g. 14.15 and the statement ". . . when the living entity is bewildered in his desires, the Lord allows him to fulfill those desires . . ."
- Regarding your questions: Hindu means the culture of the Indians
- Regarding your second question, have the conditioned souls ever seen Krsna? Were they with the Lord before being conditioned by the desire to lord it over material nature?
- Should I go on?
- So I do not know why you have asked about my previous life. Whether I was subjected to the laws of material nature?
- So the transcendentalists are sreyah? And the karmis and others are...
- Some American gentleman?
- Srila Prabhupada, in the United States' constitution there is a bill of rights that says that any religion can be practiced. Therefore anything goes, and people become atheistic?
- Suppose I feed these rats and I go on feeding them. Won't more and more rats come?
- Swami, did you come across these Brahma-kumaris?
- Swami, many people also think that "If you're sinful, how can church help you? What is the use of going to church?"
- Swamiji, suppose one wants to become life member... They can't pay whole money in one charge. They want to pay in installments
- Ten lakhs. They can give the full amount?
- That is right, Prabhupada, that the impersonalist is devoid of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- That is service in the mode of ignorance?
- The last point you have inquired the meaning of the name Jananivasa...
- The next question, about the living entities falling down in this material world
- The next question: the body of a pure devotee is all spiritual and He is not different from His body...
- The nirvana conception of life is just before Brahman?
- These books will be available where?
- These problems will take care of themselves if people develop Krsna consciousness?
- They don't take their pleasure in being there in the brahma-jyotir?
- They will give us a temple also? Where is that temple?
- To achieve the goal of Krishna, should we pass our life through matter to spiritual life or direct to spiritual life?
- We always encourage chanting Hare Krsna, is that so?
- We both are coming from Horir(?), leaving Delhi after... We are interested in this Gita-jayanti Mahotsava, and we shall be more interested in you also. You are coming...?
- We can get (that house)?
- What am I? Is the body itself matter, or spiritual soul, or a combination of both?
- What are your impressions of the youth of this country?
- What can the state do? Should the state just leave the people alone?
- What determines whether a devotee goes to a Vaikuntha planet or to Goloka Vrndavana?
- What does it mean: "We are all originally Krsna conscious entities"
- What if a person knows what he is doing is wrong, but he still commits? Is that still ignorance?
- What is Avadhuta? How does such a person engage?
- What is meant by an object regaining spiritual quality?
- What is the light?
- What is your conception of God?
- What made these young people want to leave the affluent present society and join this...?
- When a person becomes Bhagavan realized, is Supersoul in his heart (indistinct) form?
- When that promotion comes, Srila Prabhupada, they are not immediately born into a society like American or...?
- Where are the spirit souls coming from that are taking microbe bodies?
- Where does the spiritual life lead us? How should people recognize whether we do take birth in our next life or not?
- Where in our scriptures is there mention of Lord Jesus Christ as recognized and what is the purport?
- Where is the soul and where does it come from?
- Who is the speaker of Isopanisad?
- Why (are) they attracted to Hare Rama, Hare Krsna?
- Why do you think a growing number of young Americans are attracted to the Krsna consciousness movement?
- Why does Srila Narada Muni condemn Srila Vyasadeva for compiling the Vedic Scriptures?
- Why does the moon appear in pictures of Krsna yet the abode of Krsna is described as having no need of sunlight or moonlight?
- Why is it seen that they (impersonalists) are making spiritual advancement?
- Why Lord Siva was ordered to appear as Sankaracarya and teach the Mayavada philosophy to turn the people to atheism and thus increase the population?
- Why the Vedas allow us to eat the meat of goat and other animals?
- You have asked me to disclose my dream about John
- You have asked me to send you a check for $4,500, but this is for the first time you have asked me to pay on account of BTG...
- You have asked some specific mantra...
- You have asked what is a brahmacari's work?
- You have inquired about my books...
- You have inquired about the quality number 63 of Krishna that He is surrounded by loving devotees...
- You said that monarchy and democracy, both are systems which cannot help this cause. Then...?
- You said that the pictures they draw of the men with wings, that is not bona fide pictures?
- You were saying Lord Buddha gave impetus to Buddhism by converting the Emperor Ashoka. What is...?
- You'll be answering in Hindi or English?
- Your first question about the jiva's form with particular reference to Bhagavad-gita 8.18 purport "during the nighttime they have no form"
- Your first question if someone has a relationship with Lord Krsna on Krsnaloka, does he ever fall down?
- Your second question about spacemen from other planets...