believable | believe | believed | believer | believers | believes | believeth | believing | belief | beliefs|
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 32 subcategories, out of 32 total.
- ► God and the Nonbelievers (4 P)
- ► Impression (9 C, 51 P)
- ► Krsna's Believing (3 P)
- ► My Belief (Prabhupada) (22 P)
- ► Questions On... Faith, Belief (60 P)
- ► Trust (11 C, 37 P)
Pages in category "Believe"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
- A devotee of Lord Krsna is he who believes sincerely that by becoming a devotee of the Lord one becomes fully equipped with everything spiritual
- A materialistic person does not believe that everything is managed in nature, and he does not know that if one does something wrong, he is witnessed by different demigods
- A modern scientist believes that there was no civilization before 3,000 years, our Bhagavatam was spoken by Sukadeva Goswami 5,000 years ago and he is explaining "as I have heard it from authority", so we have got parampara system for millions of years
- A staunch believer in the sastras, with all their diversities, is the right person from whom to gather real knowledge
- Accept Krsna as He says. That's all. Finished. That is the main business. Our philosophy is simple because we take it, Krsna's word, as it is, that's all. And we believe it firmly
- Actually the Mayavadi philosophy was started with Vivekananda. Because I don't find in the Christian faith that they are Mayavadis. Their belief is service to God. Of course, they are somewhat Mayavadis
- Adherence to the philosophy of the Mayavadis, belief in the fruitive results of the karma-vadis, and belief in plans based on materialistic desires are called avirodha-priti
- After hearing the instructions of Narada, the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, were firmly convinced. They all believed in his instructions and reached the same conclusion
- Although many types of philosophers and transcendentalists believe that one who lacks knowledge cannot be liberated from material entanglement, there is no possibility that knowledge without devotional service can award liberation
- Although Prahlada is only five years old, even at this young age he has given up his affectionate relationship with his father and mother. Therefore, he is certainly untrustworthy. Indeed, it is not at all believable that he will behave well toward Visnu
- Although the King is respectful toward You, he still belongs to the yavana class and should not be believed. We think that there is no need for such a great crowd to accompany You on Your pilgrimage to Vrndavana
- Although the living entity is constitutionally conversant with the spiritual energy, or has the potency to understand it, he is covered by the material energy and consequently believes himself to be the body
- Although the Mayavadis believe that prior to its manifestation the cosmos was in Brahman, after creation it remains in Brahman, and after destruction it merges into Brahman, they do not know what Brahman is
- Any devotee who believes that the holy name of the Lord is identical with the Lord is a pure devotee
- Arjuna said, "In dramatic performances in the theater, an actor may play the part of a king, but no one expects any benefits from such a make-believe king"
- Dear Sir, by Your influence our minds are greatly satisfied, and we believe that Your words will never be unreasonable. Therefore You may speak on the Vedanta-sutra
- Deity worship in the temple has been in existence since the beginning of Vedic culture. There is a class of men described in the Bhagavad-gita as veda-vada-rata: they believe only in the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies but not in temple worship
- Devotees completely believe, with strong faith, that Narayana is transcendental and has inconceivable proprietorship of various transcendental potencies
- Dharma is generally translated by the English word "religion." But religion is misunderstood. It is taken as a faith. Faith I may believe, faith, or may not believe. But actually, dharma does not mean. Dharma means occupation, which you cannot change
- Dharma means the laws of God. It is not a sentiment, faith, "I believe." You believe or not believe, what does it matter? You believe or not believe in the government laws - it must carry on
- Each and every man wants a direct perception of Vedic knowledge, but foolishly they deny it. This means that the misguided man can believe one authority, the scientist, but will reject the authority of the Vedas. The result is that people have degenerated
- Even if Arjuna did not believe in the existence of the soul, there would still have been no cause for lamentation
- Every living entity or soul is part and parcel of God, but on account of some sinful activities or disobedience to God, as they believe Adam on account of disobedience to God they lost Paradise and came to this material world
- Everyone believed that the Pandavas, along with their mother, Kunti, had been killed. This information was also sent to Lord Krsna and Balarama
- Everyone believes in the concept of the body, and all are thus submerged in the darkness of illusion
- Everyone is in ignorance because the evolution is coming from the lower species of life, and in Western countries the Darwin's theory of evolution is very prominent, and they believe that man is coming from monkey
- Faith you must have. Without faith, you cannot go a step forward, even in your ordinary life. But faith, what faith? Ah, the belief and faith should be in the authorized, authorized place. That is the process. Faith we must have
- Faith, you may have faith something. I may have faith something. I may believe you or you may not believe me. That is not religion. Religion "I do not believe in God"
- Foolish persons are misled into believing that simply by some caricature of meditation and sitting postures one can become God within six months
- Fourth class men. Their background is wrong. No scientist, no politician, no philosophers, at the present moment, believe in this, that there is soul, and the soul is transmigrating from one body... Nobody believes it
- He (Vasudeva) believed the words of the sages that his sons Krsna and Balarama were the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Hear about such incidents without putting forth dry arguments, for these incidents are beyond our material reasoning. One must believe in them with faith
- How now one can see? He has to see through the parampara, succession. You have not seen your great-grandfather. How do you know that he was? How do you know? Great-grandfather or his father, you have not seen. How do you believe?
- Human life is meant for God realization, and the human being is given higher intelligence for this purpose. Those who believe that this higher intelligence is meant to attain a higher state should follow the instructions of the Vedic literatures
- I have shown you this form of Visnu just to remind you of My previous births. Otherwise, if I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, has indeed appeared
- If one becomes a servant of the servants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu and is favored by Them, he can believe in all these discourses
- If one believes in the Vedic literatures, one must accept all the Vedic literatures recognized by the great acaryas, but the Mayavadi philosophers accept only the nyaya-prasthana and sruti-prasthana, rejecting the smrti-prasthana
- If one does not believe in the uncommon transcendental pastimes of the Lord, he is vanquished both in this world and in the next
- If one follows the instructions of Mayavadi philosophers and believes that the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the individual soul are one, his understanding of real philosophy is forever doomed
- If somebody imitates barking of the dog, if he says, "This is new frontier of knowledge," so a foolish man can believe that "How you have learned to bark like dog! Oh, great advancement." But an intelligent man says "What is the use of this?"
- If you cannot believe in the words of somebody whom you are going to appoint as your teacher, if you have no faith in his words, then what is the use of going to such teacher? There is no use. Don't waste your time and don't waste his time
- In the Mahabharata, Draupadi says, "My dear Govinda, Your promise is that Your devotee can never be vanquished. I believe in that statement, and therefore in all kinds of tribulations I simply remember Your promise, and thus I live"
- In the presence of Lord Krsna and others, the brahmana began to accuse Arjuna: "Everyone see my foolishness! I put my faith in the words of Arjuna, who is impotent and who is expert only in false promises. How foolish I was to believe Arjuna"
- In this life some people give shelter to animals and birds that come to them for protection in the village or forest, and after making them believe that they will be protected, such people pierce them with lances or threads and play with them like toys
- In Vedic literature we can receive much information about all the planets, and we can believe it or not believe it. All of the important planets are described in Vedic literatures, especially Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Indeed, I go there daily to see her lotus feet. She is able to feel My presence, although she does not believe it to be true
- It is believed that all the universal planetary systems are situated on the extensive body of the purusa, but He has nothing to do with the created material ingredients. His body is eternally in spiritual existence par excellence
- It is false to think that the living entity has no connection with the Supreme Lord. He may not believe in the existence of God, or he may think he has no relationship with God, but these ideas are all illusions
- It is very difficult to find a few human beings who believe in the scriptures and the existence of God, or, for that matter, in proper behavior. Those who do believe in the value of these things are known as arya
- It would be better to be an atheist by slighting both brothers than a hypocrite by believing in one and slighting the other
- Last life, I had some body, but I cannot say what kind of body I had. Of course, there is science, astronomy and other things. They can speak, but I don't believe it. Or even if I believe, what can I do with that?
- Lord Buddha propagated, "Yes, there is no God. But what I say, you follow." "Yes, sir." But he is God. This is cheating. Yes. They do not believe in God, but they believe in Buddha, and Buddha is God
- Lord Buddha said, "Yes, there is no God. There is no God. There is void only. But you believe me, what I say." Just see. He is incarnation of God, and the people amongst whom he is preaching, to them he is saying, "There is no God," but he is God
- Maharaja Pariksit was pious according to the scriptural codes, whereas the modern politician goes by his personal belief and sentiments
- Modern scientists and astronomers try to explain the cosmic situation and the vastness of space, and some of them believe that all the glittering stars are different suns
- Modern spacecraft fly in the sky, and when scientists say that they travel to the other side of the moon, men believe these stories blindly because they have accepted the modern scientists as authorities
- Most of the cowherd men did not believe the statement of the children. They could not believe that such things were at all possible. Some believed them and told Nanda Maharaja, "Your child is different from all other children. He just might have done it"
- Most Vedic scholars are called Vedantists. These so-called followers of Vedanta philosophy consider the Absolute Truth to be impersonal. They also believe that a person born in a particular caste cannot change his caste until he dies and takes rebirth
- Mucukunda continued, "In my vanity I believed I had become the king of human society. In this misconception of bodily life I traveled all over the world, accompanied by my military strength - soldiers, charioteers, elephants and horses"
- Nanda Maharaja said, "How can I honestly believe that he (Kamsa) is actually protecting the citizens of Mathura?"
- Narada told Kamsa, "You are to be killed by the eighth son of Vasudeva". "That eighth son is Krsna. You were misled by Vasudeva into believing that the eighth issue of Vasudeva was a daughter"
- Now it appears that even the celestial denizens speak lies. Because I (Kamsa) believed in the words of the celestial denizens, I have committed so many sins by killing the children of my sister. My dear Vasudeva and Devaki, you are both very great souls
- On the authority of Sri Krsna, one has to believe that there is a soul different from the material body, not that there is no such thing as soul
- One side it is very difficult to understand. But at the same time, it is very easy to prosecute this Krsna consciousness. It is very easy because we are recommending that "Simply chant Hare Krsna. You'll get the greatest perfection," they cannot believe
- One who cannot believe that the Lord can be worshiped with equal success in the Deity, or arca form, or who cannot concentrate on this form is advised to worship the universal form of the Lord
- Our philosophy is that we must apply in practical life what we believe. In this age no other philosophy or process of self-realization will be practical and effective as Krishna Consciousness is
- Out of those who believe in the value of the scriptures and the advancement of human civilization, there are two classes - the righteous and the unrighteous. Those who are righteous generally execute fruitive activities
- People do not understand what is the aim of life. They do not care at the present moment. They have no distinction what is sinful life or what is pious life. But we may not believe in these things, but things are there like that
- Persons who are a little above such gross materialists believe firmly in life after death and thus try to rise a little above the plane of gross sensory enjoyment of this one life. They try to accumulate something for the next life by acts of virtue
- Saranagati, or surrender, means acceptance or firm belief that wherever the surrendered soul lives he is always protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead; he is never alone or unprotected
- Simply by seeing Him, one understands that He possesses all the characteristics of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Such characteristics are certainly uncommon. Who will believe it
- Since it is not possible to obtain information of anything beyond this material nature by experimental means, those who believe only in experimental knowledge may doubt the Vedic conclusions
- Sometimes people disbelieve these descriptions of hell, but whether one believes or not, everything must be carried out by the laws of nature, which no one can avoid
- Sridama said, "Believe me, my dear friend, a moment's absence from You creates great havoc, not only for us but for the cows also. Everything becomes disarranged, and we become mad after You"
- Subala said, "I believe that Cupid has entrusted them with the responsibility of conquering You." In other words, the beauty of the gopis was capable of conquering Krsna, although Krsna is the conqueror of all universes
- Such an incident took place on the last Vijaya-dasami day. You can ask her about this incident and thus make her believe that I actually go there
- Such foolish men (irresponsible kings or state executives) do not even believe in the existence of a next life
- Svarupa Damodara Gosani said, "Please hear us, Haridasa, for we all wish you well. Please believe this"
- The alternative for a common man is to believe either of them or both of them - modern science and Vedic wisdom
- The American nation should be so strong that anyone godless, he should be fired. Any nation who does not believe in God, war declared. "Either you believe in God or come on. Fight. Come under us"
- The authorities speak, and the people in general believe them. But in the case of Vedic truths, they have been taught not to believe. Even if they accept them they give a different interpretation
- The Bhagavad-gita (4.8) similarly states that the Lord appears in order to vanquish nonbelievers and protect believers
- The brahmana then began to think that if the people didn't directly see the Gopala Deity, they would not believe that He had arrived. "But even if Gopala stays here," he thought, "there is still nothing to fear"
- The compulsory law is that God is great, and we are subordinate or servant of God. You may believe or not believe; the God's law will apply upon you forcibly
- The difference between the believers and the faithless is that the devotees accept the incidents mentioned in the Vedic literatures to be true, whereas the demons simply argue and label all these historical incidents mythology
- The disease of the modern civilized man is his disbelief of everything in the revealed scriptures. Faithless nonbelievers cannot make progress in spiritual realization, for they cannot understand the spiritual potency
- The froggish philosophers and mundane wranglers in science and mathematical calculation may not believe in the inconceivable potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they are sometimes puzzled by the wonderful jugglery of man and nature
- The governors of various planets spoke as follows: Dear Lord, we believe only in our direct perception, but under the circumstances we do not know whether we have actually seen You with our material senses
- The gross materialists do not believe in the existence of God or the demigods. Nor do they believe that different planets are dominated by different demigods
- The innocent, unenlightened citizen is like an ignorant animal sleeping in peace with its head on the lap of its master, faithfully believing in the master's protection
- The less intelligent mentality presumes that at the death the spirit soul's existence is forever finished, just like primitive tribes who believe that the sun dies at sunset
- The Lord (Narayana) replied to the demon (Vrkasura) as follows, "I Myself cannot believe that Lord Siva has in truth given you such a benediction. As far as I know, Lord Siva is not in a sane mental condition"
- The materialist does not believe in the existence of the spirit self, and empiric philosophers believe in the impersonal feature of the whole spirit without individuality of the living beings
- The modernized man of Kali-yuga believes in personal endeavor and denies the benediction of the Supreme Lord
- The monist believes that there is only one consciousness, whereas the satvatas, or the devotees, believe that although there is undoubtedly one consciousness, they are one because there is agreement
- The nondualist Mayavadi philosopher who falsely believes that he is nondifferent from the Lord is unable to call Him like Advaita Prabhu
- The pastimes and methods of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Unfortunate is he who cannot believe even after hearing all these things
- The Saranatha impersonalists do not even believe that the Absolute Truth, or Brahman, can be understood as the opposite of maya, or illusion. According to their vision, materialism is the only manifestation of the Absolute Truth
- The Vaisnavites, the devotees of the Lord, do believe, as above explained, that nothing can take place without the sanction of the Supreme Lord
- The young brahmana replied, "My dear sir, even if You appear there as a four-handed Visnu Deity, still, none of those people will believe in Your words"
- There are also some thinkers who believe that no one can ascertain the cause of distress by argumentation, nor know it by imagination, nor express it by words. O sage amongst kings, judge for yourself by thinking over all this with your own intelligence
- There are always atheists imitating Krsna. In these days of Kali-yuga, there are many rascals who think themselves to be as good as Krsna and who cheat people into believing that thinking of them is as good as thinking of Lord Krsna
- There are many redundant churches because the Christian people are gradually deviating from their religious beliefs on account of stereotype presentation of the Bible by sophisticated priests
- There are others also who believe in the merging of the spirit soul in the Supreme Spirit when it is uncovered by the material encagement, and there are others also who do not believe in the existence of spirit or soul, but believe in tangible matter
- There were and are many political and social heroes who have conquered enemies of equal power, yet due to their ignorance in believing that the land is theirs, they fight one another and lay down their lives in battle
- These ecstasies are not described in the sastras, and they are inconceivable to common men. Therefore people in general do not believe in them
- These rascals depend on the senses-sense perception. Therefore they are rascals. Imperfect sense perception they believe too much. Therefore they are rascals
- They (modern men) should see through the pages of authentic scriptures and should not simply believe their unqualified eyes. Even in these days, God can also be seen by qualified eyes tinged with the ointment of love of God
- They (the demoniac) believe that to gratify the senses unto the end of life is the prime necessity of human civilization. Thus there is no end to their anxiety. BG 16.11-12 - 1972
- They assured the crowd that they had seen how it happened with their own eyes, and they strongly asserted the point. Some were listening to the statement of the small children, but others said, "How can you believe the statements of these children?"
- They believe that to gratify the senses is the prime necessity of human civilization. Thus until the end of life their anxiety is immeasurable
- They cannot create even an ant, and now they are going to make superbeings. This is another foolishness. They cannot create even an ant, moving ant, and they're going to make superbeing. Just see. And we have to believe them. We are not so fool
- They cannot make even one egg, and they are going to manufacture life? And we have to believe it? They are lunatics, this is demoniac. They want to compete with God
- This is a uniquely high level of friendship, in which the devotee actually believes himself to be the father or mother of Krsna
- This is a very good way to induce the public for accepting our philosophy, because they are prone to believe and accept whatever they hear on the radios and televisions
- This long duration of life (Brahma's) may not be believed by "the frog in the well," but persons who have a realization of the truths mentioned in the BG accept the existence of a great personality who creates the variegatedness of the complete universe
- This second class of men believe the Supreme Brahman to be impersonal. They accept the cult of bhakti, in which hearing of krsna-katha is the first item, as a means and not the end. Above them are those who are pure devotees
- To whom can I speak who will believe me when I say that Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is hunting the gopis in the bushes by the banks of the river Yamuna? In this way the Lord demonstrates His pastimes
- Unalloyed love of Krsna is like an ocean of happiness. If someone gets one drop of it, the whole world can drown in that drop. It is not befitting to express such love of Godhead, yet a madman must speak. But even though he speaks, no one believes him
- Unfortunately, materially affected conditioned souls are all more or less averse to topics of the Supreme Lord because some of them do not believe in the existence of God and some of them believe only in the impersonal feature of the Lord
- We are presenting Krsna before you, and you take it. Most of the Western country, they are Christian. So the Christians believe in Lord Jesus Christ as son of God. But we are presenting the father, God Himself
- We are presenting through two of my scientific students, Doctor of Chemistry, that matter is, the source of matter is spirit. This is our theory. Generally they believe the life, life comes from matter...
- We can understand that God created this cosmic manifestation. But in the paper we read the other day that the scientific men believe that there was a chunk in the beginning, and all of a sudden it burst out and the planets came out
- We have a firm belief that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who has given us protection even in the womb of the mother, will protect us everywhere
- We should not expect milk from the fleshy bags on the neck of a goat, although they look like breastly nipples. Similarly, we should not expect any creative power from the material ingredients; we must believe in the power of the purusa
- When the Lord says that at the time of death whoever thinks of Him as Brahman or Paramatma or as the Personality of Godhead certainly enters into the spiritual sky, there is no doubt about it. There is no question of disbelieving it
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister
- Why do you believe on your seeing? That is the defect of Westerners
- With such a mentality (desiring to lord it over the material nature), one is led to believe in the strength of material science, with its discovery of atomic energy and space travel by mechanical vehicles
- Without faith, you cannot reach the kingdom of God. Your experimental knowledge, your so-called defective reasons and arguments and philosophy, that will not be applicable in the transcendental field. You have to believe
- Yogamaya, the goddess Durga, kept Kamsa in darkness about Krsna's birth and misled him to believe that his enemy Krsna had been born elsewhere
- You are scientist, devotee, and ksatriya. As ksatriya you'll force: (laughing) "You must believe this, or I will kill you." (laughter) And as scientist, the convincing argument... And as devotee, Krsna will help you. That's all
- You believe or not believe, things are going to happen. That's all. That is laws of nature. If you don't believe that you are going to die, it doesn't matter. You have to die
- You go to the airport, any high-class standard man. They search out the pocket. So nobody is believable. So this is the result of modern education. You cannot find out an ideal character man
- You have to change your body.That is a fact. You believe or not believe, you are changing your body every moment. So simply you have no eyes to see, you have no brain to understand
- You will also be able to give up the belief that this material world, or anything not directly in touch with service to Krsna, is eternal. Thus you will obtain peace
- You write to describe me as a loving servant of the Lord. If you believe me so, then kindly help me in my service. That will help both of us. I want your cooperation fully