This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Sankhacuda"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- In previous verses we have seen also that the Lord's engagement in the affairs of the forest fire was described along with His pastimes of punishing Kaliya, similarly the pastimes of the rasa dance and the killing of Sankhacuda are also described herein
- In some millenniums Lord Ramacandra and His brothers appear as incarnations of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, and in other millenniums They appear as incarnations of Narayana, Sesa, Cakra and Sankha
- The adjustment is that all these incidents (killing Sankhacuda, chastising Kaliya, rasa dance) would take place in the future, after the time when it was being foretold by Brahmaji to Narada
- The demon's name was Sankhacuda because on his head there was a valuable jewel resembling a conchshell. Just as the two sons of Kuvera had been puffed up over their wealth and opulence and did not care for Narada Muni's presence
- The first part (of Lalita-madhava) deals with festivities in the evening, the second with the killing of the Sankhacuda, the third with maddened Srimati Radharani and the fourth with Radharani's proceeding toward Krsna
- The killing of Sankhacuda by the Lord is a more recent incident, after the rasa-lila, and not exactly a simultaneous affair
- The Padma Purana says that Lord Ramacandra is an incarnation of Narayana and that the other three brothers are incarnations of Sesa, Cakra and Sankha