Category:Questions On... Children, Childhood
Pages in category "Questions On... Children, Childhood"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- After ten years? Then they (gurukulis) can do Deity worship?
- And during the recess what should they (Gurukula students) do?
- And we let the parents know how the children is progressing? Do we have responsibility to parents, to let them know, inform them about the progress of children?
- And you think they (gurukulis) can be taught typing, for instance? A skill like typing and how to use typewriter?
- As for your question regarding the children, what can I do? I am not a teacher. You should ask Satsvarupa on all of these matters, he is the GBC, so everything small and big should be referred to Satsvarupa
- At one time, you had instructed that all the children should attend the main class. They say that some of the very small children have trouble to keep their attention...
- At what age may children be recommended for initiation?
- At what age should they (gurukulis) be taught to cook prasadam?
- Back to the temple we'll be performing aratik to Your Divine Grace. And there was not very much time. I was wondering whether during the time we're performing aratik to you, whether it's proper to be giving out cookies to the children?
- But is that true (training should be given from childhood)?
- But what if they change later on in their life (you believe in free choice. So suppose the children grow up and they want to go to college. But you have not sent them to a public school. Therefore they are not eligible for going to college)?
- Can a father impose on a child, something which he does not believe himself?
- Can the older boys be trained in a particular kind of devotional service? For example, press work?
- Can the scientists control that, the type of genes, the kinds of body, the child will get?
- Can you make a child Krsna conscious if you yourself don't believe in Krsna consciousness?
- Did Krsna have children by the gopis?
- Do I understand that the children in your school in Texas, that they're brought up in what you consider spiritual consciousness...?
- Do you advocate sending the children to secular schools, or have you made arrangements with the government to...?
- Do you have any children, family?
- Do you have any hope in the future that you, your movement, will involve printing a lot of books, making, building schools for your children?
- Do you have children?
- Do you have children? You just left them?
- Don't you think that the children should be given freedom to choose voluntarily?
- He's asking a question, Srila Prabhupada: isn't it important to mold the activities of ourselves and also the children in coming to this movement; to mold them that so that we can become Krsna conscious?
- How can I serve you better?
- How do you teach Krsna consciousness to a five year old who is only a children? What it means to be a teacher?
- How does that result in more women (the more the man will become attached to woman, the woman population will increase)?
- How many children do you have?
- How should we do this in our ISKCON society with these young girls (the Indian system is that when the girl is utmost twelve years, not more than that, ten to twelve years, she must be married)?
- How to mend him (a Gurukula student) from lies? He speaks lies
- I don't call myself first-class, second-class, third-class. As you said, there are no first-class men, second-class men. But then how, apart from making them (my children) first class that they should follow the religious...?
- I see there are a lot of young children in the asrama. Do you run sort of a school for them all?
- I wanted to know also what should we do once they are sixteen, because you said they should be trained in a Gurukula until they are sixteen? So once they are sixteen...
- I was taking the children in the land here and teaching them how to recognize the different plants. Is that useful, or should I not do that? here we have so many different plants growing, some medical plants, some that can be eaten. Is there any use?
- If the parents are good, then there is a remarkable possibility that the children may have a chance to be. Is that not true?
- If we love our children, is that also loving Krsna?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that, you were lecturing that, that unless one performs the proper samskaras for the children, they will become degraded. They will not follow the regulative principles and such... They become unwanted population?
- In your lectures you continually speak of the ten samskaras that children should have
- Is it natural for a child to grow up and then shave his head and serve God, or is it just a form of socialization?
- Isn't it (unless one is pure, one will not have faith) is also like a child?
- She can keep him and teach him all the time? Until he's older and so on (he complained that "My boy is not being properly..." So I said that "You teach your son")?
- Should force be used on children?
- Should our children who are at gurukula, when they grow up, should they go to that varnasrama college, or...?
- So you'll cut off their education like that (they are now little children. But we don't wish to send them to college. We have got sufficient books)?
- Srila Prabhupada, can I ask you a question? My son likes pictures of Krsna. Is it all right to give him pictures to play with, or is that too offensive? They could be covered with plastic or something?
- Srila Prabhupada, I wanted to ask you that in your lectures you continually speak of the ten samskaras that children should have?
- Srila Prabhupada, if she (mother) decides to leave her child at the school, what are the instructions to her? She should not write him, or she should come... How often can she come to visit him?
- Srila Prabhupada, if we're born each with a qualification, how is this qualification developed in our early years?
- Srila Prabhupada, there was one question. They would like to know why is it that the children are separated from their parents and sent to Gurukula?
- Srila Prabhupada, they can teach these people how to educate the youngsters. Is this right?
- Swamiji, could you speak a bit about the proper attitude of the child towards the father? Is it one of fear, respect, love?
- Swamiji, I get two thoughts. Number one: having acquired a family, I am willing to renounce, but would I not be running away from the responsibility, in the name of Lord Krsna, for the bringing up and educating the children?
- What about for a child, a newly born baby. Are they born into a material body because of their parents' bad doings?
- What about the children of new devotees now?
- What about your children? Where do they? Do they go to school?
- What is the best method of making your children Krsna conscious? Teaching the sastra or...?
- What is the meaning of good children?
- What of a boy who does the chanting nicely and the kirtana nicely but doesn't do the school work nicely?
- What should the boys be taught from ten to sixteen?
- When does this training (as "first-class, second-class, third-class...") begin? In the very youngest age or...?
- When householder women raise their children in Krsna consciousness, this seems to be an indirect service for Krsna, or is raising children and just having the household function, is that enough service?
- Why would someone who is not Krsna conscious have one hundred children? For example, why would someone like Dhrtarastra, who is not particularly Krsna conscious...?
- You ask if children may be taken to ordinary medical doctors. Why not?
- You say that Krsna consciousness people should start at an early age, but does that mean we should consider ourselves at age of a very small child towards beginning Krsna consciousness?
- You teach your children, don't you? No, I didn't mean disciples. I meant children, little ones. They understand, do they not?
- You were lecturing that, that unless one performs the proper samskaras for the children, they will become degraded. They will not follow the regulative principles and such. They become unwanted population?
- You were saying that the children should learn these three, geography and these things, and I wanted to know if they should also learn what they call biology, that is how the body is working, what are the bones and blood and...