Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Initiation
Pages in category "Questions On... Initiation"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A sudra, if he is working, he cannot take brahmana initiation, but he can take hari-nama, is that it?
- All the devotees here are your disciples, Srila Prabhupada, eternal disciples, eternal servitors. But what if we have to take birth in the material world in the next life? How will we be able to render direct service unto you?
- And do they go out and make other disciples?
- And how do we get guru?
- And they told me also that this morning you had some brahminical initiation to the... Gayatri... How many people?
- Are there any formal rules that they agree to accept at this stage? Over and above the earlier...?
- Are you knowing people take diksa from many gurus?
- At what age may children be recommended for initiation?
- Being an initiated member means that the individual has acquainted himself sufficiently with your teaching and gone through certain disciplines?
- Brahmana initiation should be strict (actually chanting sixteen rounds, following the regulative principles)... Those are the important...?
- But to get the initiation, you have to be how many years old?
- Can a normal student from, for instance, from one of the best universities, who is attending lectures in normal way, etc., also be initiated and admitted to your community?
- Can you tell me something about Caitanya's initiation in Vaisnava faith? When He was initiated?
- Could you accept me as your student until eternity?
- Do the disciples take on new injunctions and prohibitions at this time?
- Do you initiate girls?
- Do you initiate yourself all the disciples or do your other disciples also do that?
- Do you teach Gayatri mantra to your disciples also?
- Do you teach self-realization? Do you initiate? Then you are an authority on initiation?
- Do you want him (Mr. Myer) to be initiated just now or wait some time?
- Does a devotee, who is working as a sudra, get second initiation?
- Does taking the initiation create a permanent bond between disciple and guru?
- Has there been a fasting or other preparatory (all these boys present, they were, one year before, they were initiated for chanting, and now they are being second time initiated by mantra-diksa)?
- Have there been dropouts, out of the movement, of the hundred that were initiated?
- He (Tukarama) was the one who was initiated by Lord Caitanya?
- He asks if we have to be disciple, do we have to know Sanskrit or to learn Sanskrit?
- His question was that can you take initiation by accepting the spiritual master in your heart without actually taking...?
- His question was when we take initiation from you, we understand that we become your eternal servitors. But if we have to come again to another birth...?
- How close does one student usually, how close does he get to the master? How closely does he understand the master? Or he could interrelate himself to the master?
- How did you become a disciple yourself?
- How important is formal initiation?
- How many levels of initiation do you have?
- How one should start when he's completely ignorant of all these things (you must accept guru and learn. Why should you remain ignorant)?
- How serious would it be for me if I should miss the golden opportunity to become your initiated disciple?
- I assume that being an initiated member means that the individual has acquainted himself sufficiently with your teaching and gone through certain disciplines?
- I mean supposing I wished to become an initiate. Wouldn't I have to come and live here?
- I told him about you. So he immediately grabbed the idea. He wants to come tomorrow, in the morning to have your blessings. But then is it possible that he could have the initiation?
- If any of us here this morning wish to become followers what would we have to give or give up?
- If one accepts initiation from a bona fide spiritual master but continues to perform material activities, are they still bound by the karma?
- If one has accepted a bona fide spiritual master and he did not receive much knowledge from him, can he change his spiritual master at later...?
- In answer to your question about the importance of initiation...
- Initiated devotee, and he follows those four regulative principles and chants sixteen rounds, will he go back to Godhead?
- Initiation (of Srila Prabhupada) was held at that Gaudiya Matha in Allahabad?
- Is everybody who is a devotee of Krsna, initiated, do they all have perfect enlightenment?
- Is it possible for a person to return to the spiritual world without taking initiation from a bona fide spiritual master?
- Is it wrong to think of initiation then (if you cannot live in the temple)?
- Is second initiation necessary, Srila Prabhupada?
- Is there any fixed amount of time that one has to be in the Society for brahmana initiation?
- Is there any fixed amount of time that one has to be in the Society to get first, hari-nama, initiated?
- Is this the ceremony which is often referred to as mantra-diksa?
- Sir, who initiated you into this movement?
- So far as initiating disciples is concerned
- So then part of initiation means that you're prepared to do something more than simply chant and eat prasadam?
- Srila Prabhupada, after first initiation, one has to wait one year to get second initiation?
- Swami, would you initiate me?
- Swamiji, in last night's initiation you gave me my spiritual name. Could you tell me tonight what that name means?
- Swamiji, some religions, the guru, if someone wants to be his disciple, he is being given a sort of beads by the guru himself. Is it possible to get beads through your worship?
- That was the same time that you took initiation (I preferred to hear him than go to parikrama. That he appreciated)?
- The recommendation here (for first and second initiation), Srila Prabhupada, is that...?
- Then our next question concerns initiations in the future, particularly at that time when you're no longer with us. We want to know how first and second initiation would be conducted?
- Then what is the relationship of that person who gives the initiation and the… (yes. I shall recommend some of you. After this is settled up, I shall recommend some of you to act as officiating acaryas. Rtvik, yes)?
- Those that are initiated, must they live in the temple?
- To get the initiation, you have to be how many years old?
- What are the qualifications required for a person in working life like me, household like me, like myself, to get initiated?
- What is the procedure of the movement? Do you initiate yourself all the disciples or do your other disciples also do that?
- What time (are you giving her initiation tomorrow)?
- What were your activities after your initiation?
- When a disciple takes initiation, does he first take initiation within the heart?
- When I was a young boy… I had to take the brahma-samana, which is the… taking of the oath in front of the Maharaja and the priest of the Srinathaji temple. Is that equal to initiation, or is that just a ceremony by itself?
- When you join, do you assume a name? Do you change your name?
- Where is gayatri-mantra? Thread (where is gayatri-mantra sheet?)?
- Where was the (Your) initiation ceremony?
- Without taking diksa from the guru also utters the name of Lord Krsna with devotion?