Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Devotees - General
Pages in category "Questions On... Devotees - General"
The following 196 pages are in this category, out of 196 total.
- A devotee becomes more surrendered because the influence of the modes, the three modes, becomes diminished, or is the influence just changed from ignorance and passion to goodness?
- A devotee is only supposed to want service, and sometimes he very much wants to be liberated to be finished with all this difficulty, isn't it?
- A devotee is sometimes subject to hankering or lamentation. That is material though, isn't it?
- A devotee may have some demoniac qualities?
- A devotee must work for everybody's liberation?
- A devotee who is very faithful reaches this stage (devotees are neither in the goodness, passion, or ignorance. They are transcendental to all these qualities)?
- A devotee, he can be very poor, but is it okay if he's hankering after something for Krsna? Can a devotee think like that, "Why can't we get a nice house like these people for Krsna"? Is that all right?
- A devotee, how can he control his tongue?
- A pure devotee can see Krsna everywhere, that He's never out of your vision, and at the same time in Siksastaka prayers Lord Caitanya explains that "Govinda, I am feeling Your separation to be twelve years or more." Could you explain this?
- Actually are devotees or how do they become demons? Are they devotees? Obviously Kaliya is... Just like Jaya and Vijaya, they were devotees. And due to some offense, then they became demons and they fought with Krsna to satisfy Krsna
- After leaving this material realm does the devotee remain forever with his spiritual master?
- All devotees are cultured?
- All that karma is erased as soon as he surrenders to Krsna?
- Although a devotee feels helpless in the hands of Krsna, still, in order to execute his duty, he must be very strong... How does he reconcile those two?
- And a devotee is acting, but he's not getting any mental impression? From his activities?
- And how does Krsna control a devotee?
- And the pure devotee, does he see the Paramatma feature or does he see...?
- Are the devotees in the mode of goodness?
- Are these astrological charts very much applicable for a devotee, Srila Prabhupada?
- At what stage could one say that a person is Krsna conscious? There must be a beginning stage...
- Because he has become devotee of a follower of Laksmi-Narayana, he may come to associate with Laksmi-Narayana?
- Brahman realization for the devotee in the beginning is just that he realizes his constitutional position as servant of Krsna?
- But can all the masses of people become devotees?
- But does he (the pure devotee) focus his mind upon the two-armed...?
- But there are in India other community of Visnu...?
- But those devotees will eventually go there. Those kind of devotees like devotees of Sita-Rama, they will also attain the spiritual sky in their various positions?
- But what about the persons who may be a little bit devoted but who have not achieved that unalloyed devotion?
- But would that mean that a person who is a pure devotee doesn't have to die?
- By the mercy of Supersoul, he (the pure devotee) can be present in many places at once?
- Didn't some Manipur devotees visit Caitanya Mahaprabhu in Jagannatha Puri sometimes?
- Do you see a difference or a conflict between being a devotee of Jesus and a devotee of Krsna? May one be both?
- Do you think there will always be a few who understand (God)?
- Does a devotee lose some of his individuality in that...?
- Does he (Lord Brahma) become a pure devotee? Otherwise how he can see Krsna and reveal Brahma-samhita? Also he's the head of our disciplic succession. How can he be the head of our disciplic succession if he's not a pure devotee?
- Does Krsna desire we get a spiritual name?
- Does that also apply to reading the words of a pure devotee (even a moment's association with a pure devotee - all success)? Even a little association with your books has the same effect?
- Does the devotee who surrenders keep his individual taste for different things? Does he keep his individual likes and dislikes?
- He (a devotee who works for Krsna yet doesn't follow the four regulatives principles) will fall down?
- He (Ravana) was devotee of Lord Siva. Otherwise why Lord Siva gives him whatever he wants?
- He is simply attached to serving Krsna (a devotee is always satisfied in any condition. He has no attachment or detachment)?
- How can a devotee be free from being attracted to this worldliness?
- How can the people in general recognize when a devotee is pure?
- How do you know when he's attained to Krsna consciousness?
- How does he (the sadhu) live in the woods without a spiritual master and learn?
- How does the devotee go about practicing this Krsna consciousness when he's asleep?
- How important is the association with the devotees?
- How is it possible that Tulasi-devi is a pure devotee, what we might call a plant?
- How is it that devotees of Krsna like demigods can be fearful even if they see Visvarupa?
- How it is possible, how the most degraded of the human society be more than a Brahmana?
- How long do you think this takes to (become pure)... For a young man or a young woman, beginning?
- How many other people are there on this planet who have made as much spiritual progress as you have?
- How may a devotee arrive to this particular form (is it necessary that God should be worshiped in particular form only)?
- How much more difficult is it for one born in a family of nondevotees to become a devotee than a person who has been born in a family like Prabhupada's?
- How one can tell that he is a devotee of Krsna (one should hear about Krsna from Krsna devotee, not a professional man)?
- I understand in fact that you are a pure devotee of Krsna. What does this mean? What do you mean by being pure? Does it mean that you have seen Krsna?
- If a devotee has no appreciation for God but he has a little appreciation for pure devotee, than what kind of devotee is this?
- If a devotee step on the ant, does the ant receive some benefit?... If a devotee step on a ant by mistake, the ant...?
- If a devotee thinks that he likes, for example, Vrndavana more than he likes Mayapur, is that a wrong thinking, or is that his personal...?
- If a man become honest, if a man deals with others very nicely, moral, and so on, so on, so what is the use of becoming devotee, devotee of God?
- If a neophyte devotee is with determination endeavoring for purification but he were to meet with death as he is still influenced by the lower modes, although he is seriously trying, then does he take another birth or does he go to Krsna?
- If a person who wants to become rich prays to Krsna, will he become rich?
- If any of us here this morning wish to become followers what would we have to give or give up?
- If I call Krsna, I accept Krsna as Supreme Personality of Godhead. Then the question comes to me, "Why are you calling yourself Vaisnavas? Why not Krsnayas?"
- If one arrange in this lifetime for others to render service to Krsna, but if the purpose is to simply maintain his family and if he's still attached to sense gratification, at the time of death, will he attain a birth in a family of Vaisnavas?
- If one serves the higher devotees and shows compassion to less advanced devotees, then where is the question... for a position of an advanced devotee who is feeling himself to be the lowest? So is that distinction still there of higher and lower?
- If some devotee has some trouble and does not eat a certain type of food. Like some devotees do not eat ghee because of liver trouble. So these devotees, should they take all the prasadam?
- If somehow, Srila Prabhupada, someone falls down, does that mean that he did not want to love Krsna?
- If someone has a natural ksatriya tendency, he cannot become a Vaisnava?
- If the devotee is fearless, how is it Prahlada was expressing his fearfulness of the material nature?
- If the devotee is situated on the platform of the brahma-bhutah, but he may not necessarily see everything as Brahman, does that mean that his realization is by intelligence, and by his activity, or what does that mean?
- If you become a servant of Krsna, will He provide a way for you to meet your physical needs?
- In reference to Isopanisad mantra 15, should a devotee ask the Lord to reveal Himself?
- In the case where a devotee is definitely sincerely following your instructions and applying himself to all these principles that Krsna has outlined, then when there's difficulty for him, how is he to understand that?
- In the course of your lecture this morning, you quoted that verse from the Tenth Chapter, dadami buddhi-yogam tam. When that knowledge comes, the devotee is qualified by some degree of advancement?
- In the list of qualifications of a devotee there is one qualification, expert. What does that mean in relation to the occupation?
- In the Vedic culture, are people allowed to follow any other belief? In a society where there is Krsna conscious king or president, say someone doesn't want to be a devotee. What happens to him?
- Is a devotee always in some anxiety to see others unhappy?
- Is a devotee required to work very hard for material necessities?
- Is a devotee seeking mental happiness as well?
- Is a pure devotee eternally liberated and if so is he at any time a conditioned soul?
- Is a Vaisnava, is he willing to maintain his body for the service of Lord Krsna even if he has to break regulative principles - if it is necessary?
- Is it not possible in this age for devotees to overthrow government?
- Is it possible for a saint at certain stage of sadhana to perform miracles?
- Is it possible that he could spend his whole life trying to find himself and at the end of his life not find himself and meanwhile he didn't help the society?
- Is it possible that I live on my own and still be a devotee?
- Is it possible to become a devotee without actually having personal association with you, just by reading your books?
- Is it true that Krsna has all these things (grains, sugar, milk and fruits) in each planet simply because of the presence of a pure devotee?
- Is it true, Srila Prabhupada, that Krsna is testing us every day?
- Is Mayadevi a pure devotee?
- Is not a true Vaisnava also a sannyasi? Would you explain the difference between them?
- Is that bhajananandi and gosthyanandi?
- Is that cheating propensity (if the kanistha-adhikari thinks that "I have become uttama-adhikari," then he's a rascal)?
- Is the pure devotee more merciful than Krsna?
- Is there any benefit to the karmis that a devotee deals with because he engages in business activity with them? Do the karmis get benefit?
- Is there ever a point where the neophyte devotee is in danger of just forgetting everything and falling, tumbling completely back?
- Isn't he (Lord Brahma) a pure devotee?
- Isn't it really a matter for the devotee, that one person may find Hare Krsna is more beneficial to his spiritual progress, and yet somebody else, some other mantra may be more beneficial? Isn't it like just a matter of taste? Like judging a flower
- Isn't that a mental manifestation, like if you feel that someone's Krsna conscious? It's not a physical manifestation, right?
- It can be changed, the age of Kali, by presence of the devotees of Krsna?
- It says here that a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura would not fall victim to Mayadevi's temptations, but even Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, might fall victim. I always thought that they were pure devotees of the Lord
- It's possible for even a neophyte to chant offenselessly?
- Many devotees, they experience the difficulty that although they sincerely want to love God and serve Him, yet their body is almost like another dictator within them. Why?
- My question is: A pure devotee, when he comments Bhagavad-gita, someone who never sees him physically, but he just comes in contact with his commentary, explanation, is this the same thing?
- Please clarify whether Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a devotee of Krsna or is He Himself avatara?
- Prabhupada, a picture of Krsna is absolute, right? That is Krsna. Is the picture of a pure devotee absolute in the same way?
- Prabhupada, What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Prabhupada? You said Arjuna was lamenting, but pure devotees become... Superior qualities that all devotees possess... So why is this? So why did Krsna call him a fool?
- Regarding the neophyte devotee who is unable to comprehend even the existence of God, how he shall ever become lover of God?
- Regarding your question about the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi or Vrindaban...
- Regarding your question that "the devotees are more kind than the Lord because they understand the purpose of the Lord"...
- Regarding your questions, yes, a woman can certainly reach the perfectional stage of devotion to Krishna. And the gopis of Vrndavana are the best example of this
- Relationships between devotees are eternal?
- She asks whether it will come to a fight with the demons and the devotees like Arjuna, or is this question, in the future, she means, or is this question not important?
- She's asking if it was possible in her last life she was a Krsna's devotee, in her last life, and come back again? If you're a Krsna's devotee coming back again?
- Should devotees be formally designated in a particular occupation?
- Should the devotee always speak the truth to everyone in all circumstances?
- Should the devotees think that "Any moment, I can die"?
- So a devotee is also by actions he can do it?
- So a neophyte devotee who's following the principles of sadhana-bhakti is still considered pure devotee?
- So how is it that Lord Brahma is a pure devotee?
- So in other words that means the pure devotees can be omniscient?
- So is there ever, for someone whose determination wavers and slackens here and there, is there ever a point where the neophyte devotee is in danger of just forgetting everything and falling, tumbling completely back?
- So Prabhupada, a neophyte devotee, he may think it might be very nice to be Krsna's friend, but he may actually be a blade of grass and he'll be fully satisfied when he comes to that stage?
- So Prabhupada, it says that a sannyasi should live alone. That means only with devotees?
- So sometimes the attachment (so the Vaisnava son sometimes thinks of the father and mother. So they are getting the benefit) is beneficial, then?
- So the transcendentalists are sreyah? And the karmis and others are...
- So there's no doubt that Lord Brahma is a pure devotee?
- Srila Prabhupada, if a devotee gets sick, should he go and take medicine?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Mayapur we see so many pilgrims coming from Assam, Nagaland and Manipur. They're having this Vaisnava tilaka, Gaudiya-Vaisnava tilaka, and they also worship Caitanya Mahaprabhu. How is that influence also there?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Nectar of Devotion you explain that there are three classes of devotees. And you say that the third-class devotee, he has belief but he cannot explain or give any support. This is like Christian...?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it that when a devotee is situated in the mode of goodness and that...?
- Srila Prabhupada, the pure devotee's spirit soul is not trapped by the gross and subtle bodies?
- Srila Prabhupada, the Vaisnavas in general in Vrndavana, are they lamenting for the physical upkeep?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the position of vrajavasis, those who are living in Vrndavana now? What happens to them next life?
- Srila Prabhupada, when the devotee is in the original relationship with Krsna, his siddha-deha, why is it that he sometimes changes his original rasa with Krsna?
- Srila Prabhupada, why has it taken so long for a pure devotee to come to the West? Has the West been so sinful that no pure devotee has come before Your Divine Grace?
- Srila Prabhupada? Why is it that some people, when they hear about Krsna consciousness, they take it, and some do not. And still, after that, some of those who take it, they stay, and some who take it take it for some time and then they fail?
- Surely not as many (followers) as in the north, or as much?
- Swamiji, I want to question whether the Krsna consciousness is the same type of consciousness which is experienced by the devotees as that divine type of consciousness. Is it a divine consciousness?
- That (frustration) goes on perpetually until they receive the mercy of a pure devotee?
- The Chand Kazi became a devotee?
- The maya that harasses the devotee is just mental concoction, then? He should concentrate on just serving?
- The next question: the body of a pure devotee is all spiritual and He is not different from His body...
- The sadhus in India who have long hair and wander in the woods and stuff, I guess, do they have spiritual teachers? The sadhus in India
- The twelve authorities, are they all pure devotees?
- The Vaisnava is superior to a sannyasi?
- The Visnudutas, they had spiritual bodies, spiritual forms. Are they traveling through all the planets or only where there are devotees?
- Then how is it that some people do finally come to accept Krsna?
- There are other kinds of bhaktas other than krsna-bhaktas?
- There is such a gotra as that (acyuta-gotra)?
- There will be some devotees left at the end of Kali-yuga?
- They still have to go out and ask occasionally (but those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form - to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have)?
- This (the third-class devotee, he has belief but he cannot explain or give any support) is like Christian...?
- We can make our own cloth? Khadi
- We can understand how Sri Advaita Acarya is the servant of Lord Caitanya, but how is Maha Visnu and the Visnu-catur-bhuja, how do They serve Krsna?
- We have also causeless mercy, meeting the pure devotee. Is that a chance?
- What about the verse in the Bhagavatam that says if a devotee falls down that he's not to be considered as the fruitive workers or the karmis, etcetera. ?
- What exactly is a devotee?
- What happens to the Vaisnava if he is following the spiritual master and he's not successful in spiritual life? Does he also take birth on higher planets like it says in the Bhagavad-gita?
- What happens to them (the devotees)?
- What is recreation for a Krsna conscious person?
- What is the difference between a pure Christian, or at least a sincere one, and a sincere devotee of Krsna?
- What is the difference in full between the Spiritual Master, Krishna, and the devotee?
- What is the need for any babaji to get sterilized, anyway?
- What is the proper relationship of the devotee to Radharani?
- What kind of liberation does the family of a pure devotee get?
- What should be the first step to become a devotee?
- What was particularly nice about his devotional quality?
- What would be the result if all the people became devotees of Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu?
- What would happen if an animal came in contact with a pure devotee?
- What would the best devotee be doing? What does he do?
- When a devotee becomes very advanced, does that means that he should not feel a particular, an inclination to do a particular work but simply want to serve Krsna?
- When a person first comes and he still has that designation stage, but we still call that bhakti?
- When somebody is dying and his external consciousness is completely absorbed in all kinds of terrible bodily symptoms, how is it that a devotee remembers Krsna? What is actually happening that he's able to remember Krsna?
- When there's difficulty for devotee, how is he to understand that?
- When you said that a brahmana is... Do you mean, when you say brahmana, do you mean... I mean are they... the devotees who are not pure but...
- When you said the person who is involved with Krsna consciousness makes the best use of a bad bargain, were you referring to life?... This physical life?
- Where is that at (...not less than one lakh of devotees, at least, so crowded), Srila Prabhupada?
- Who are very much attracted to living in Mayapur, residing in Mayapur, after perfecting their lives, do they sometimes join Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's sankirtana movement in Goloka Vrndavana?
- Who is that?
- Whose list is that? Is that an old list or have you made that up for young Americans?
- Why Bali Maharaja is considered a Mahajana?
- Why is it that a devotee falls down, that he wants to surrender to Krsna and again he falls back to the material world to become a false enjoyer?
- Why, if the devotee is struggling very hard to be free of the clutches of Maya, then how can he not be interested in such liberation?
- Why... When you said ananya, is there a conflict between a devotee of Lord Krsna when he chants Lord Rama's name...?
- Will they (men of character, knowledge, sincerity, God conscious) be able to function in a society as working individuals?