- Bhāradvāja Muni
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Bharadvaja"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- All the sages like Parvata Muni, Narada, Dhaumya, Vyasa the incarnation of God, Brhadasva, Bharadvaja and Parasurama and disciples, Vasistha, Indrapramada, Trita, Grtsamada, Asita, Kaksivan, Gautama, Atri, Kausika and Sudarsana were present (with Bhisma)
- Although encouraged by the demigods to maintain the child, Mamata considered him useless because of his illicit birth, and therefore she left him
- At last my ever-willing blessings are bestowed upon Syamasundara, Brahmananda, Hayagriva, Satsvarupa, Devahuti, Jadurani, Muralidhara, Bharadvaja and Pradyumna, etc., for their hard labor in different ways to make this publication a great success
- He (Bharata, the son of Sakuntala) performed many great sacrifices, in which he gave great riches in charity to the brahmanas. This chapter ends by describing the birth of Bharadvaja and how Maharaja Bharata accepted Bharadvaja as his son
- He (Yudhisthira) invited the most expert brahmanas & sages, whose names are as follows: Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasadeva, Bharadvaja, Sumantu, Gautama, Asita, Vasistha, Cyavana, Kanva, Maitreya, Kavasa, Trita, Visvamitra
- Sanatana Gosvami and Rupa Gosvami belonged to the Bharadvaja-gotra, which indicates that they belonged either to the family or disciplic succession of Bharadvaja Muni
- Sometimes he (Bhrgu) instructed Bharadvaja Muni about astronomical evolution, and he is the author of the great Bhrgu-samhita, the great astrological calculation
- Sometimes he (Bhrgu) instructed Bharadvaja Muni about astronomical evolution, and he is the author of the great Bhrgu-samhita, the great astrological calculation. He explained how air, fire, water and earth are generated from ether
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Because Bharadvaja was delivered by the Marut demigods, he was known as Vitatha
- Sukracarya was the spiritual master of the demons, and Brhaspati challenged him. His son is Kaca, and he delivered the fire weapon first to Bharadvaja Muni
- The King, his attempt for progeny frustrated in this way, performed a sacrifice named marut-stoma to get a son. The demigods known as the Maruts, being fully satisfied with him, then presented him a son named Bharadvaja
- The seven stars revolving around the polestar at the zenith are called saptarsi-mandala. On these seven stars, which form the topmost part of our planetary system, reside seven sages: Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- The seventh Manu, who is the son of Vivasvan, is known as Sraddhadeva. In this manvantara, or reign of Manu the seven sages are known as Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- They (the cowherd boys) would all imitate the sound vibrations made by the different kinds of birds, especially the cakoras, peacocks, cuckoos and bharadvajas