Questions On... Vaisnava Acaryas
Pages in category "Questions On... Vaisnava Acaryas"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A God-brother brought up that he heard that Srila Bhaktivinode was at one time an impersonalist. Was he ever?
- After if one becomes purified, is it possible when he becomes transferred to the spiritual world that he can meet Rupa Gosvami and other great...?
- And Jiva Gosvami and Rupa, they drank from this well?
- And they (the Gosvamis) used to meet here daily?
- Are those rooms you live in, were they formerly inhabited by the Gosvamis, Jiva or Rupa Gosvami, those rooms you have now?
- Could you give me a brief rundown on their...? Are they devotee, they're devotees... (Srinivasa and Haridasa. Haridasa character is there?)
- Could you say that prayer again of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, "You chant Hare Krsna..."? I didn't understand that
- Could you tell us a little about your spiritual master's life?
- Did Bhaktivinoda Thakura take sannyasa in later years?
- Did the Gosvamis drink from this well, Srila Prabhupada?
- Didn't Bhaktivinoda Thakura do that (there are many who claim to become God. All of them should be brought into the court) once?
- Do you believe that the soul and God is one as Ramanuja and Sankaracarya says, or as Madhvacarya says...
- Do you have references about that (Jahnava-devi was controlling the whole Gaudiya Vaisnava community) in any of your books, Srila Prabhupada?
- Does our line of succession go directly to Gaurakisora dasa Babaji or to Bhaktivinoda Thakura?
- Haridasa Thakura is following all the principles, but he's always feeling so fallen. So Lord Caitanya tells him, "Put away your excess humility." Is this what He is trying to teach him? That we should have assurance?
- How about Kabhir (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching is the summary of all Vaisnava-Ramanuja, Ramananda, Madhvacarya, and Visnu Svami, Nimbarka. There are four sampradayas. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu follows everyone. There is no difference much)?
- How does one show such an impersonalist with absolute proof logically? I was told Srila Bhaktivinoda has such a proof
- How is it that Bhaktivinoda Thakura was not so strict in that regard, yet his son, who learned from him, became very strict, like a rod?
- How your preaching differs from various acaryas? Say, Sankara or Vallabha or Ramanuja?
- I heard you also saying that Caitanya was disciple of Madhvan-dasa-pura?
- I know Jiva Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, or Rupa, Sanatana. You know those other two also, what is their name? They were also very high up?
- I read in a book sent from India that Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura was sent directly by Lord Sri Caitanya from the spiritual sky. I am not sure if the book was bona fide. Is the above true?
- In the pictures of the acaryas sometimes yourself and Bhaktisiddhanta has their left hand touching the ground. Is there any meaning to that?
- In what way would we develop it (Bhaktivinoda Thakura's birthplace)?
- Is Bhaktivinoda Thakura directly in succession from Lord Caitanya? And Gaurakisora dasa Babaji also?
- Is it true or not true that Srila Bhaktisiddhanta said that failure is the pillar of success?
- Is there any other information about Haridasa (and after burial there was distribution of prasadam and kirtana. Haridasa Ṭhakura. So here you have to show some talks with Haridasa, how feelingly)?
- Is there any plan to translate into English? Is there any plan to translate Jiva Gosvami's Jiva-bhasya?
- Is there some story related to the way in which Mayapur was found by Jagannatha dasa Babaji?
- Is this building four or five hundred years old? This very room (this is the place for dining. The Gosvamis, they used to dine here, this room)?
- Is Vallabhacarya, Prabhupada, in accordance with our philosophy?
- Is your spiritual master still alive?
- It is never burned (a Vaisnava acarya's body is never burned. It is entombed. They worship the body. But that is spiritual body)?
- It says here that a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura would not fall victim to Mayadevi's temptations, but even Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, might fall victim. I always thought that they were pure devotees of the Lord
- Ramanuja sampradaya or also Madhva-sampradaya, they sometimes don't accept Panca-tattva as being supreme. So is their actions also considered offensive even if they are acting within sampradaya?
- Ramanuja sampradaya, do they have a chain of disciplic succession, bona fide chain, to this present day? And the other sampradayas also?
- Ramanujacarya is the biggest in line?
- Ramanujacarya is very well known in India, so why don't they read his commentary?
- Ramanujacarya's Vaisnava was not Vaisnava?
- Regarding your question about Lord Siva and Thakura Haridasa, and their different response to sex agitation...
- So you would see no basic difference between Ramanuja's position and...(the Caitanya tradition)?
- Sometimes people ask, though, they say, "Why is it that even among the acaryas sometimes we find there is a difference of opinion?"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati and yourself (deities), Srila Prabhupada?... Just the same size as Vrndavana's?
- Srila Prabhupada, I heard on one lecture tape, you mentioned your Guru Maharaja has said that in the morning he had to beat the mind into submission. How can we do this?
- Srila Prabhupada, I remember once I heard a tape where you told us that we should not try to read the books of previous acaryas
- Srila Prabhupada, is there any instance when you were chastised by your spiritual master?
- Srila Prabhupada, was this (chastisement) during a lecture by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta?
- Srila Prabhupada, what did Bhaktivinoda Thakura mean when he said, "I am going, my work unfinished"?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the highest principle of the Gosvami's, by following which one will be sure of attaining love of Sri Krsna?
- That's (Purusottama Sarasvati, the great philosopher) the same line (as your Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati), no?
- There is some our acaryas. How about Christ or Muhammad and Zarathustra, all these people?
- There was trouble in Nabadwip, wasn't there, when he (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati) advised the pilgrims not to pay money to go into the temples?
- This is a photograph we've received of your Guru Maharaja. Should the painters, should they paint this type of pictures?
- This is Krsna dasa Kaviraja's body?
- To get back more to the origins of the movement, why do you follow the teachings of Caitanya rather than say Vallabha or Ramanuja or Ramananda?
- Was Jiva Gosvami living in Vrndavana?
- Were they (the acaryas) not Krsna conscious?
- What about this (picture) of Bhaktivinoda Thakura?
- What was the penalty that he (Bhaktivinoda Thakura)...?
- When your spiritual master was a little boy, did he do things like Lord Caitanya did like when He went to the water and all girls were asking for...?
- Who did this (They made a, what is called, conspiracy to kill Bhaktisiddhanta)?
- Who has written this (Hari hari bifale)?
- Who is author (of the book named - The Scientific Basis of Krishna Consciousness), Svarupa Damodara dasa?
- Why don't you write some purports to that?... To Bhaktisiddhanta's Brahma-samhita?
- Why talk about acaryas and why discuss these things?
- Would your Guru Maharaja tell a lot of Bengali proverbs, Srila Prabhupada?