Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dependability | dependable | dependant | dependants | dependence | dependency | dependent | dependents | depending
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Dependence"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- Dependence (BG and SB cantos 1 to 6)
- Dependence (BG lectures)
- Dependence (CC and other books)
- Dependence (Conversations 1968-1974)
- Dependence (Conversations 1975)
- Dependence (Conversations 1976-1977)
- Dependence (Letters)
- Dependence (Other lectures)
- Dependence (SB cantos 7 to 12)
- Dependence (SB lectures)
- A brahmacari cannot be luxurious. A sannyasi cannot be luxurious. A vanaprastha cannot be luxurious. Luxury is allowed only to the householder because they are earning their own money. Others are dependent
- A completely dependent Vaisnava thus chants the holy name of the Lord all day and sees Lord Jagannatha with full freedom
- A Vaisnava guru is never dependent on the contributions of his disciples
- Although You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and are completely independent, still You are dependent on the love and affection of Your devotees. That is Your nature
- Any person who is reliable in all circumstances is called dependable
- Anyone who takes care of his subordinate, he is guru. The first charge is that you should not become a guru unless you are completely in awareness how to save your dependent from the path of birth and death
- As a fully dependent devotee, Sukadeva Gosvami (unlike a mundane man who is proud of his own capability) invokes the pleasure of the Personality of Godhead so that his statements may be successful and be appreciated by the hearers
- As far as possible try to adjust to a natural way of life free from dependence on machines
- Because the mind is restless and undependable, it must remain always under control. Even the mind of the advanced yogi Saubhari created such a disturbance that he lost his yogic mystic powers
- Because the Personality of Godhead and His expanded bodies are always full of knowledge, bliss and eternity, they are always free from the eighteen kinds of material contaminations
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, after seeing me, said that you all are learned then why don’t you preach the teaching of Caitanya Mahaprabhu in foreign countries, On this I argued with him, I said we are dependent country, who will listen to us?
- Declaration of independence by the woman class, is not their happiness. They are unhappy. Better to become dependent upon father, upon husband and upon elderly children. That is their happiness
- Dependence is also grouped under ecstatic love & this can be divided into superior dependence and inferior dependence. The direct differentiations between superior & inferior dependence are ascertained by Rupa Gosvami and will be presented in due course
- Dependence is not bad if there is dependence on the proper place
- Dependent devotees
- During the rasa dance Sri Krsna did not exchange loving affairs with Radharani due to the presence of the other gopis. Because of the dependence of the others, the intensity of love between Radha and Krsna was not manifest. Therefore He stole Her away
- Everyone should be very responsible and take charge of his dependents just as a spiritual master takes charge of his disciple or a father takes charge of his son
- Everything dependent on the outward covering is also a temporary arrangement. Happiness or distress perceived in relation with the temporary arrangement of the body and mind is also temporary
- Everywhere you are dependent. And still, they are very much proud that they are advancing in scientific knowledge so that they can overcome the stringent laws of nature
- First the father, spiritual master or husband must be able to release the dependent from repeated birth and death. If he cannot do this, he plunges himself into the ocean of reproachment for his unlawful activities
- For devotional service is dependent on nothing other than the sentiment or desire for such service. It requires nothing more than sincerity
- Fully dependent devotees
- Generally, a devotee of Lord Krsna can be placed into one of three groups. One group consists of those who are completely dependent on the merciful affection of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Grhastha should not be dependent on Society. At the same time, he should not be independent of the Society
- Gross military science is dependent on material weapons, but finer than that is the art of throwing the arrows saturated with Vedic hymns, which act more effectively than gross material weapons like machine guns or atomic bombs
- He is born dependent because part and parcel of God. His constitutional position is dependent. Just like child. A child declares independence. What is the meaning of that independence? Danger. That's all. Simply inviting dangers
- How you can say you are not dependent on God? You are dependent. But because you are a rascal fraud, you want to cheat and become a Freud, that's all
- I am completely dependent. My Lord is Gauracandra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I cannot do anything independently, without His order
- I never wanted that any of my temples shall be dependent upon the other temples; rather, our main business is to train up men to be self-sufficient and competent in many ways to carry on the preaching work
- I see in your Mauritius, you have got enough land to produce food grains. I understand that instead of growing food grains, you are growing sugarcane for exporting. Why? And you are dependent on food grains, on rice, wheat, dal. Why this attempt?
- If you become so much dependent on the bodily necessities of life, then you cannot become fully and wholly for the benefit of the mass of people. Our Gandhi, he imitated this. For the mass of people... But that was to a certain extent successful
- In every respect, we are simply dependent on the mercy of God. So why not become directly dependent? That is intelligence
- In old age, when the husband has taken sannyasa and left home, she remains the property of the sons. A woman is always dependent, either upon the father, husband or elderly sons. That will be exhibited in the life of Devahuti
- Indian civilization on the basis of the four varnas and asramas deteriorated because of her dependency on foreigners, or those who did not follow the civilization of varnasrama. Thus the varnasrama system has now been degraded into the caste system
- Indra said, "The father, the spiritual master and the supreme executive officer of the state are always well-wishers of their sons, their students and their citizens respectively. As such, the well-wishers have the right to chastise their dependents"
- Just as I am my father's son, so I am also yours. I am your dependent, and you are my maintainer
- Just like in New Vrindaban. They are coming to the city for preaching. So not absolutely we can abstain immediately because we have been dependent so long, many, many lives. You cannot. But the ideal should be introduced gradually
- Krsna continued, "If a person is able to care for or give protection to old parents, a chaste wife, children, the spiritual master, brahmanas and other dependents but does not do so, he is considered already dead, although he is supposedly breathing"
- Kunti continued, "You (Krsna) are present in everyone's heart, but because the devotees always remember You, You respond accordingly. Although the mother has affection for all the children, she takes special care of the one who is fully dependent"
- Living entity has got independence, but not full independence. He cannot do anything without the sanction of God. That is his dependence
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone takes away the property of a very liberal brahmana who is encumbered by a large dependent family, then such a usurper is put into the hell known as Kumbhipaka"
- Material contaminations: "illusion, fatigue, committing errors, roughness, aterial lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality, and cheating"
- Mayavadis - who are neophytes depending on the empirical, inductive process - should properly understand the position of the pure devotees of the Lord, who have realized the Absolute truth
- Modern scientists like Jagadisha Chandra Bose, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, etc., may boast of their respective creative energies, but all were dependent on the Supreme Lord for so many things
- My dear son, whatever you inquired from me I have thus explained unto you, and you must know for certain that whatever there is (either as cause or as effect, both in the material and spiritual worlds) is dependent on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- My Guru Maharaja, he convinced me that "Dependence, independence, they are temporary. But we are concerned with the eternal benefit of the human kind, and therefore you should take up this matter"
- No living entity is independent; all are dependent on the mercy of the Supreme Lord. Therefore the Vedic instruction is that one should enjoy life under the direction of the supreme leader, the Personality of Godhead
- Nobody can be independent. We are dependent. And this is called knowledge. When you come to the sense, that "I am dependent; I am not independent," this is called knowledge
- Nobody can protect anyone. That is not possible. Everyone has to take care of himself. This world is like that. Don't depend. Only Krsna can protect you - nobody else
- Nobody is independent. That is our point of view. Everyone is dependent. Somebody is voluntarily dependent on Krsna and somebody is by force dependent on maya. That's all
- Now you are raising your third child. So more and more you are becoming responsible for these living entities who are your dependents. You must see that they do not take birth again in this material world. That is your duty
- Obviously, our life is dependent on supplies from the Lord. Even for our manufacturing enterprises, we require so many raw materials like metal, sulphur, mercury, manganese, and so many essentials - all of which are supplied by the agents of the Lord
- On the contrary, others are dependent on Him for the activities of their different sense organs. Unless the living entity is inspired and directed by the Supersoul, he cannot act
- One has to execute his duty faithfully, depending for the result on the supreme authority
- One should not strive to become a mother or father if one cannot save one's dependent son from the impending danger of death
- Our Vedic culture is chiefly dependent upon regulative principles. It is not possible to perform meditation without performing regulative principles
- Peace is dependent on right knowledge
- People will not die without coffee and tea. But they have made the whole world self-dependent on coffee and tea, mercantile policy. There is anartha
- Practically all the brahmanas residing in Nadia were dependent on the charity of Hiranya and Govardhana, who gave them money, land and villages
- Ramananda Raya replied, "My Lord, You are the supreme independent personality. You have nothing to fear from anyone because You are not dependent on anyone"
- Real independence means complete faith in the mercy of the Lord without dependence on the conditions of matter
- Renunciation means renouncing ones dependence on the conditions of material nature and thus becoming completely dependent on the mercy of the Lord
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and is completely independent. Being Lord Krsna Himself, He is not dependent on anyone"
- She is already dependent on nature's law that man is free from becoming pregnant and the woman has to take the burden. Then where is the independence, equal right? Equal right means sometimes man may become pregnant, sometimes woman may become pregnant
- Similarly, the parts and parcels of the supreme whole are always dependent and are always controlled by the source of the parts and parcels. It is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that the living entities are parts and parcels of Krsna
- Since the body is the external feature of the soul, the soul is not dependent on the body; rather, the body is dependent on the soul
- So we, of course, we are not so advanced, but we have got many examples of advanced devotees. Still there are in India. You will find in Vrndavana and other places. Actually, they have no means - simply depending
- That is Krsna consciousness movement. One has to understand thoroughly that he's not master. He's servant. He's completely dependent on the supreme will
- The Demigod's pleasures and displeasures are dependent on the performance of yajnas by the human being
- The demigods cannot give any good results to the person who has not executed the prescribed duties; therefore demigods are dependent on the execution of duties and are not absolute in awarding good results to anyone. So why should one care about them?
- The dependent demigods and great sages imperfectly consider Him to be a powerful demigod, and they consider the Brahman effulgence to be the Absolute Truth
- The eighteen material contaminations - illusion, fatigue, errors, roughness, material lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality and cheating
- The first tattva is the Supreme Lord, Visnu, and the second is the jiva-tattva. Laksmidevi, being dependent on Lord Visnu, is sometimes counted among the jivas
- The gopis' feeling of happiness was indirect, for it was dependent on the pleasure of Krsna. Causeless love of Godhead is always so. Such pure love is possible only when the predominated is made happy by the happiness of the predominator
- The householder's duty is to earn money because a sannyasi is not supposed to earn money but is completely dependent on the householder
- The idea that Lord Visnu is on the same level as the demigods is in contradiction to the sastras. The demigods are not supreme. The supremacy of the demigods is dependent on the mercy of Lord Narayana
- The individual living entity, the jiva, is always dependent on the Supersoul, Paramatma, because the individual soul forgets his spiritual identity whereas the Supersoul, Paramatma, does not forget His transcendental position
- The learned brahmanas, who had no other source of income, were completely dependent on the vaisya community for their maintenance, and they received gifts on such festive occasions as birthdays and marriages
- The Mayavadi monists undergo a severe process of austerity and penance to acquire the knowledge needed for becoming one with the Lord, but ultimately they become dependent on some rich follower, who supplies them with requisite paraphernalia
- The Pandavas are most fortunate because with all good luck they were entirely dependent on the mercy of the Lord
- The perfection of life is, therefore, to become dependent on the will of the Lord, instead of becoming falsely independent in the material world
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- There are many parts of the body - the senses, the limbs, the skin, the muscles, blood, marrow, etc. - and all these are considered here figuratively as sons, grandsons, citizens and dependents
- There is no objection to using electricity. But we should not be dependent upon it
- These eyes, oh, they are dependent on so many condition. Now there is electricity, you can see. As soon as there is electricity off, you cannot see. Then what is the value of your eyes? You cannot see what is going on beyond this wall
- This is our process, to depend on Krsna. Depend does not mean I shall remain idle. Depend means to work according to the direction of the sastra
- Those who are completely dependent on the will of the Lord are called sanatha, or those having someone to protect them
- To become successful in any attempt, one not only has to undergo severe penances and austerities, but also must be dependent on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Unless the Supersoul is present, it is not possible for the hands and legs to be active. The S P of Godhead is so great, independent and perfect that even without having any eyes, legs and ears, He is not dependent on others for His activities
- Upon hearing this, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied, "Dear Lord, You are completely independent. Since You are not dependent on anyone, You will do whatever You desire"
- We are dependent on the laws of nature. And suppose we become independent, so-called independent, for a few days. That is not independence. Real independence is how to get out of the clutches of these material laws
- We are not aware that spiritual energy is so powerful that it can do anything and everything. Material energy is dependent on certain laws, but spiritual energy is fully independent
- We must be dependent on God. Therefore in your Christian Bible also you go for your bread: "God, give us our daily bread." So you are dependent. So it is better to remain dependent on God than to use your so-called little freedom
- We must know that we are dependent. We are dependent on the laws of material nature, and the material nature is working under the direction of Krsna
- When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna's mercy is actually involved. If Krsna's mercy is there, it is not dependent on any prescribed caste or creed
- Women should be under the protection. In the Manu-samhita it is said that woman should not be given freedom. Na stri svatantryam arhati. They cannot properly utilize freedom. It is better to remain dependent