Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
forgive | forgiven | forgiveness | forgives | forgiving
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Forgiveness"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A brahmana is highly qualified when he can control his senses and mind, when he is a learned scholar in spiritual science and when he is tolerant and forgiving
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A person who can tolerate all kinds of offenses from the opposite party is known to be forgiving
- As soon as Saturday is over and Sunday comes, they again begin their sinful activities, expecting to be forgiven the next Saturday. This kind of prayascitta, or atonement, is condemned by Pariksit Maharaja, the most intelligent king of his time
- Bhismadeva advised for all human beings nine qualifications: (1) not to become angry, (2) not to lie, (3) to equally distribute wealth, (4) to forgive, (5) to beget children only by one's legitimate wife, (6) to be pure in mind and hygienic in body
- Brahma is powerful by dint of his devotional service unto the Lord, and the Lord is always ready to forgive His devotee if by chance he falls down from the noble path of devotional service
- Buddhih means intelligence. Jnanam means knowledge. Asammohah means freedom from illusion. Ksama. Ksama, forgiveness. Satyam, truth. Damah. Damah means controlling the senses, and samah, to keep the mind equibalanced
- By associating with such an unholy person (who is a plaything for women) one becomes bereft of all good qualities, such as fame and forgiveness, control of the mind, control of the senses, and all the opulences that are automatically obtained by a devotee
- Kindly see the things in this light and forgive their small mistakes. The big thing is they have given their life, everything to Krishna - that is never a mistake
- King Prthu will be very, very kind to all citizens. Even though a poor person may trample over the King's head by violating the rules and regulations, the King, out of his causeless mercy, will be forgetful and forgiving
- O Lord Nityananda, I write of Your mercy out of great exultation. Please forgive me for my offenses
- Of course, I do not know the case, what are the circumstances, but kindly forgive my beloved disciples any unkindness or indiscretions on their part
- One who is forgiving and self-controlled, and who is engaged in devotional service with determination, his mind and intelligence dedicated to Me - such a devotee of Mine is very dear to Me
- One who is, who are sages, their duty is they always forgive any enemy. Just like you have got very nice example, Lord Jesus Christ. He was being crucified, but he forgave all the persons who were engaged in crucifying him
- Other devotees of the Lord (Caitanya) had appealed to Him to forgive Haridasa, but He replied, "All of you can forgive him and live with him. I shall live alone"
- Saintly persons are advised to forgive. Such injunctions for saintly persons are more important than any political emergency
- Sri Yamunacarya praises Krsna's power of forgiveness with the following statement: "My dear Lord Ramacandra, You are so merciful to have excused the crow's clawing on the nipples of Janaki simply because of his bowing down before You"
- That ksama - ksama means forgiveness - will reduce (a symptom of Kali-yuga). Nobody will forgive. Retaliation, vengeance, that will increase
- The brahmanas are the highest social order, and they imbibe the modes of goodness and are engaged in the activities of equality, restraint, and forgiveness
- The duty of a brahmana is to culture the quality of forgiveness, which is illuminating like the sun. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is pleased with those who are forgiving
- The ksatriyas should be very strong to be able to give protection to the weak. They should not pose themselves as nonviolent. If violence is required, they must exhibit it. But a person who is able to curb down his enemy may show forgiveness
- The Lord does not forgive a person who has committed an offense at the feet of a devotee. The Lord can only give direction to take shelter of the devotee
- The Lord never forgives a person who condemns His pure devotee
- The symptoms of a brahmana are control of the mind, control of the senses, austerity and penance, cleanliness, satisfaction, forgiveness, simplicity, knowledge, mercy, truthfulness, and complete surrender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There are many other disturbing symptoms in ecstatic love, such as envy, anxiety, pride, jealousy, conclusion, cowardliness, forgiveness, impatience, hankering, regret, doubtfulness and impudence
- To be influential in battle, unconquerable, patient, challenging and charitable, to control the bodily necessities, to be forgiving, to be attached to the brahminical nature and to be always jolly and truthful - these are the symptoms of the ksatriya
- To get freedom from anger, one should learn how to forgive. To be free from unlawful desires one should not make plans
- We (Jamadagni and Parasurama) are all brahmanas & have become worshipable for the people in general because of our quality of forgiveness. It is because of this quality that Lord Brahma, the supreme spiritual master of this universe, has achieved his post
- When the Lord (Caitanya) was invoking His Sudarsana cakra and Srila Nityananda Prabhu was imploring Him to forgive the two brothers, both the brothers fell down at the lotus feet of the Lord and begged His pardon for their gross behavior
- When the mind is steadfast it is called enduring, and one's ability to tolerate others' offenses is also called endurance. Therefore, forgiveness and endurance can be synonymous
- When the seed of ecstatic emotion for Krsna fructifies, the following nine symptoms manifest in one's behavior: forgiveness, concern that time should not be wasted, detachment, absence of false prestige, hope, eagerness