Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
excuse | excused | excuses | excusing
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Excuse"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- A brahmana never commits any sinful activity. If he, sometimes in an unnatural condition, if he does something. So he should be excused. This is Vedic law
- A characteristic of a pure devotee is that he excuses any offense by an ignorant rascal. A characteristic of Krsna, however, is that He cannot tolerate blasphemy of His devotees
- A great mystic yogi, Durvasa Muni, offended the great devotee Ambarisa Maharaja. The sage Durvasa was to be chastised by the Sudarsana cakra of the Lord. Even though the great mystic directly approached the Lord, he was never excused
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A thief pleading not guilty because of committing theft not for personal interest but for the interest of society or country has never been excused by the established law of any country
- Accidental mistake is not dangerous. Willful mistake is dangerous. That we should be careful. We should be very careful always so that accidental mistakes also may not take place. But if it takes place, it is excused
- After Svarupa Damodara Gosvami returned within the temple, he requested Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to excuse that innocent person
- Arjuna said to Lord Krsna: I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses
- As soon as this is done the Lord excuses the sincere devotee. But that does not mean that one should take advantage of the Lord's causeless mercy and expect to be excused over and over again, while he commits the same sinful activities
- Asvatthama's mother, she's innocent, but on account of the son's death, she would be unhappy. Considering all these points he was excused from the capital punishment
- Brahma said, "As the Supersoul in everyone’s heart, You know everything. Please accept me as Your surrendered servant. I hope that You will excuse me for committing the great offense of disturbing You in Your pastimes with Your friends and calves"
- Brahmana he may excuse, but a ksatriya, the government, the ruling power, he cannot do so
- Devaki said "You have been advised by demoniac friends to kill my children. But now I beg you to excuse this girl at least. Let her live as my daughter"
- Do not care for the temporary excuses of the unwilling and unfortunate persons, you simply carry our program forward distributing Sankirtana, Prasadam and literatures and the effect will take place
- Due to our ignorance, we act in some way, but nature is so stringent that it will never excuse you, either you do it knowingly or unknowingly
- Duty you sometimes may avoid, and you may be excused, but obligation we cannot. Obligation means you have to
- Even the first-grade offender is excused simply by this process of bowing the head to the ground in respect
- Externally He gives the excuse that He wants to participate in the Ratha-yatra festival, but actually He wants to leave Jagannatha Puri to go to Sundaracala, the Gundica temple, a replica of Vrndavana
- Generally at the last stage of one's life this humble method is adopted by every sensible man in order to be excused before departure
- Go personally to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and keep Him at Jagannatha Puri with great attention. I shall excuse Gopinatha Pattanayaka from all his debts
- Guru introduces us with God and prays to God, "Please excuse him." This is guru's business. And by the request of guru, God agrees to excuse him. This is the process
- He (Lord Visnu) did not become angry at the activities of Bhrgu Muni, for Bhrgu Muni was a great brahmana. A brahmana is to be excused even if he sometimes commits an offense, and Lord Visnu set the example
- He said, "The King has excused me for the balance due. He has reappointed me to my post by honoring me with this silken cloth and has doubled my salary"
- I have already replied Jadurani's letter. Regarding her offenses, I do not remember when she committed offenses, and even though she might have done so, I excuse her 100 times, without any hesitation. So she has nothing to bother about it
- If a person derides a pure devotee, he is never recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In other words, the Supreme Lord never excuses one who offends a pure devotee. There are many examples of this in history
- If a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- If a person is not ashamed of his sinful activities and continues to commit the same sinful activities with the knowledge that the Lord will excuse him, that is a most nonsensical proposition
- If he repents for the wrong he has done, then he's excused. Otherwise finished
- If one is giving very important service, then even there is some faulty thing, excuse. Service is so important. So in the Western countries the woman can give very good service
- If one repents that "I should not have done this, but I am so sinful that I have again committed this sin," so this repentance will help him to be excused by the Supreme Lord
- If one unconsciously, without any knowledge, does something wrong, that is excused. But they do willfully. They know it is wrong, still they do it
- If someone sees the face of the Lord while aratrika is going on, he can be relieved of all sinful reactions coming from many, many thousands and millions of years past. He is even excused from the killing of a brahmana or similar prohibited activities
- If there are one or two instances of falling down, that may be excused, we are not so overly critical, otherwise who would be qualified of any of us to become devotee?
- If you are excused and again come back and again do the same sinful activities, criminal activities, and if you are again arrested, then you'll be very, very severely punished. It is a common sense
- If you insult His devotee, the devotee may excuse, but Krsna will not excuse. This is Krsna's position. Therefore be careful to insult a devotee
- If you think that "Now I am Krsna conscious. Whatever I do, it is right," then it is great sin. But accidentally it happens. That is excused
- If you, by chance, by mistake, you violate the regulative principle, that is excused, but if willingly, if you go on committing sinful life - so just like in the Churches they go to confess and again begin - that kind of business will not help you
- Ignorance is no excuse for evading the reaction - sinful activities. Sinful activities are of two kinds: those which are mature and those which are not mature
- Ignorance is no excuse, similarly out of ignorance we are committing so many sinful life's and we are becoming liable to be punished, that is the law of nature. You cannot avoid it, if you touch the fire it will burn
- Ignorance is no excuse. If there is law, and if you do not know the law and you commit offense, that is no excuse, that you do not know the law. Similarly, human life is meant for understanding God. That is the main business of human life
- Ignorant personalities, or conditioned souls, have no choice but to accept their precarious condition under material nature. The only remedy is to surrender to Visnu and always pray to be excused
- Illicit sex is never excused, and those who indulge in it are punished life after life
- In the modern age the people have begun to detonate atomic weapons on the surface of the earth, and still the earth is forbearing to the inhabitants, like a mother who excuses a little child
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that if a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- In this way, giving some excuse, Gopala sometimes remains in the bushes of the forest, and sometimes He stays in a village. One who is a devotee comes to see the Deity
- Indra said, "Kindly give me Your blessings so that I may not act so foolishly again. If You think, my Lord (Krsna), that the offense is very great and cannot be excused, then I appeal to You that I am Your eternal servant"
- Indra said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I committed a great offense unto Your lotus feet, being falsely proud of my material opulences, not knowing Your unlimited power. Therefore, my Lord, kindly excuse me, because I am fool number one"
- It is a fallacy to say that my present engagement with the press is not the best for my spiritual advancement, and if we think in this way we may go on trying out one engagement after another and always say the same excuse
- It was not the desire of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that Gopinatha Pattanayaka be excused of his debt to the government, nor was it His desire that his salary be doubled or that he be reappointed collector at the same place
- Kamsa begged Devaki's pardon by analyzing the matter deeply. He was not the cause of the death of Devaki's sons. Rather, this was their own destiny. Under the circumstances, Devaki should excuse Kamsa and forget his past deeds without lamentation
- Kasi Misra said, "Excusing Gopinatha Pattanayaka of all his debts will make the Lord unhappy, for that is not His intention"
- Killing business has become very prominent at the present moment, and therefore they are being killed in the womb of the mother, abortion and killing child. That they do not know. Nature will not excuse you
- Kurus said, "Dear Lord, please consider us most foolish. Our intelligence was bewildered and not in order. Therefore we have come before You to beg Your pardon. Please excuse us"
- Last night you were disappointed. Please excuse my offense. I shall certainly accept you
- Lord Caitanya excused them all, and they merged into the ocean of devotional service, for no one can escape the unique loving network of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Lord Narayana could not excuse a person who had offended a Vaisnava. To be excused from such an offense, one must submit to the Vaisnava whom he has offended. There is no other way to be excused
- Nature is very cruel. She does not excuse anyone. When people do not care for nature, they commit all kinds of sinful activities, and consequently they have to suffer
- No one should perform sankirtana on the streets of the city. Today I am excusing the offense and returning home
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution. Ksama, tolerance and forgiveness, should be practiced; one should be tolerant and excuse the minor offenses of others
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- Of course I excuse my disciples always, but they should not take advantage of it
- On that day you did not create a very great disturbance. Therefore I have excused you and not taken your life
- One confession admitting, excused. But not that you commit sins over and over again and it will be excused. Similarly, you cannot commit sins on the strength of chanting. That is the greatest offense
- Ordinary body cannot be resurrected. Jesus Christ appeared in his spiritual body, certainly. Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not?
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Prahlada Maharaja did not ask for anything for himself; rather, he prayed for the Lord to excuse his demoniac father. This is the attitude of a Vaisnava, who always thinks of the welfare of the entire universe
- Prahlada Maharaja, when he was ordered by the Lord to take some benediction, he said that "I am not a merchant, Sir, that by giving You some service I'll take some return. Please excuse me." Nrsimha-deva was very much satisfied: "Here is a pure devotee
- Sakarunam means mercy. Not that... Because one has committed murder in a fanatic condition, he is excused sometimes. That is sakarunam. The judgement should be given not simply on the superficial causes
- So this capital punishment is required. Nowadays the capital punishment is excused. Murderers are not hanged. This is all mistake, all rascaldom. A murderer must be killed. No mercy. Why a human killer? Even an animal killer should be immediately hanged
- Sri Baladeva was very angry at Arjuna (for kidnapping Subhadra), and He wanted to kill him, but Lord Krsna implored His brother to excuse Arjuna
- Suppose somebody has offended you. Excuse him. This is also another kind of penance
- Svarupa said, "My dear Lord, please excuse my offense. I gave up Your company to go elsewhere, and that was my great mistake"
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- The animalistic person who lives simply in the bodily concept of life is not excused. He is put into the hell known as Maharaurava and attacked by ruru animals known as kravyadas
- The brahmanas said, "We therefore pray to the Lord to be kind enough to excuse us because we are simply captivated by His external energy. We transgressed His order without knowing His transcendental glories"
- The Christian process, that going to church, confession, that is very nice. You confess. And God or God's representative is quite able to excuse you and to make you free from all sinful reaction. But why should you commit again?
- The court or the church is not meant for that purpose, that they will excuse the sinners every week without questioning and without giving him full, nice instruction that "You cannot do this." But if they say like that, then no more, nobody will come
- The King told Gopinatha Pattanayaka, "You are excused for all the money you owe the treasury, and the place known as Malajathya Dandapata is again given to you for collections"
- The Lord as Supersoul could detect the lust in the mind of Junior Haridasa, who was at once banished from the Lord's association and was never accepted again, even though the Lord was implored to excuse Haridasa for the mistake
- The Lord is always prepared to excuse His devotee, but if a devotee takes advantage of the Lord's leniency and purposefully commits mistakes again and again, the Lord will certainly punish him by letting him fall down into illusion
- The Lord said, "Using the car festival as an excuse, Krsna goes there with Subhadra and Baladeva"
- The Lord, being situated in the heart of the devotee, excuses all kinds of sins committed by chance
- The Nagapatnis said, "We are praying that he (Kaliya) may be excused this time. Our dear Lord (Krsna), we are offering our loving service unto You because we are all eternal servitors of Your Lordship. You can order us to do whatever You please"
- The Nagapatnis said, "We are praying unto You (Krsna) that You kindly excuse Kaliya, our husband, because if this serpent dies, then we shall be in great difficulty. Looking upon us only, please excuse this great offender"
- The specific acts performed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at this time were His showing favor to Devananda Pandita and excusing the brahmana known as Gopala Capala from the offense he had committed at the lotus feet of Srivasa Thakura
- The Yamadutas were certain that Ajamila was a most sinful man, but although Yamaraja wanted to punish him, the Visnudutas excused him. This was a puzzling situation that the Yamadutas wanted Yamaraja to clarify
- They all prayed to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and saying, "Sir, please excuse our offense. Please have mercy upon us and bring our spiritual master back to life"
- They are pointing out the irregularities in others. They came to serve, now they don't want to serve so there is some excuse. Oh, irregularity, let me go away. The workers should not suggest irregularities
- This taking of sannyasa should not be a whimsical proposition, and should not be an excuse for becoming irresponsible, no responsibility of grhastha, brahmacari, etc. Sannyasis also have great responsibility to become fearless preachers
- Thus under various excuses the Lord exhibited His opulences as much as possible in His childhood, and later, after exhibiting such opulences, He hid Himself
- Yamuna prayed "My dear Lord (Balarama), please know that I am a soul surrendered unto You, who are very affectionate to Your devotees. Therefore please excuse my impudence and mistakes, and, by Your causeless mercy, may You now release me"
- You are at liberty to make many questions like that. So long I can, I must make answers to your questions, but when I fail, I shall ask you to excuse me
- You are mostly Christian, you know. Lord Jesus Christ, when he was being crucified, he was begging, "My Lord, these fools do not know what they are doing. Please excuse." Just see how much qualified. Because he is devotee of God